Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I have one word for you: Huggernaut.
    Oh, boy. Cannot wait.

It is amazing the things we'll buy just because it has a favorite character in it. But sometimes it turns out unexpectedly cool. I bought issues of Crystar: Crystal Warrior because of Nightcrawler and Northstar guest-spots thinking it would just be stupid toy-line tie-in cheese, but they were actually really enjoyable in that 80's high-fantasy sort of way.
    What is this thing? I will have to look for it.

I'm away from my primary machine for a few days, but if I have time to search for anything, I'll post it.
    Oh! No, no, no. Don't search and post. You don't have to do that. I can search for myself. I just figured if anyone already had scans from the issues already on their machine, they could share if they felt like it.

Ditto. I was interested in seeing Kurt's return, but Azzie + Aaron made me think I'd just hold out for the Claremont series. But Northstar's inclusion at least got me to buy the first five issues. He was mostly wallpaper, but the McGuinness art at least made it worthwhile. And Aaron didn't do a bad job with him, pirate nonsense aside -- I think he forgot which pointy-ear smart-alec he was supposed to be writing.
    Yeah, it was nice to SEE Northstar in Amazing X-Men, but didn't he speak, like, an entire 2 sentences in the 5 main issues he was in?
    He's really too great of a character for that.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I love northstar. He's the reason I started reading amazing xmen
    Ditto ah ok ok and for bittersweet too

Essay exploring the hypotheticals of Northstar's life prior to meeting Raymonde Belmonde.

And Jean-Paul was the lucky one of the twins. Poor kids; they really had a rough go of it from start to finish.
    I REALLY should be working right now, but I cannot stop reading this. It's excellent. Thanks for posting up the link!

Read Alpha Flight #31 last night. Just wanted to put these up because I like it when JP gets snarky. Especially with Heather. Cause she gets on my nerves.

And I know this is his sister, but I have to put it up because I really love how she looks here.

And again, snark. <3

And even though this didn't go well for them, I am putting this up because: he's with his sister.

Seriously, what's not to love about Northstar?

They should really use him more since the JGS needs someone who will tell it like it is. I also like that he actually has a life outside of being an X-Man. He's really one of the few. It makes him potentially a lot more well-rounded.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    What is this thing? I will have to look for it.
    Crystar, Crystal Warrior #6 (Nightcrawler) and #11 (Puck, Shaman, and Northstar)

I can't help but think writer Jo Duffy was having fun alluding to Northstar's sexuality in this scene. He's crabby and ready to bite heads off until the buff, sparkly hottie in the chainmail onesie shows up, then it's all smiles and willingness to help.

Yeah, it was nice to SEE Northstar in Amazing X-Men, but didn't he speak, like, an entire 2 sentences in the 5 main issues he was in?
    He's really too great of a character for that.
    He had a few more lines than that, but nothing substantive. I think my big complaint is that every other member of the retrieval team got a moment of awesome with their powers or an emotional scene, and all Northstar got was half a page of piratical slapstick.

I REALLY should be working right now, but I cannot stop reading this. It's excellent. Thanks for posting up the link!
    Thanks. I keep meaning to finish up the second part, but things just keep getting in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    Seriously, what's not to love about Northstar?

They should really use him more since the JGS needs someone who will tell it like it is. I also like that he actually has a life outside of being an X-Man. He's really one of the few. It makes him potentially a lot more well-rounded.
    In a way, Northstar is a pretty good case for Xavier's dream of mutant-human coexistance being possible...but he also rather undermines the Professor's methods, as he'd made a success of himself well apart from the X-Men's methods by the time Xavier came knocking.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 05-29-2014 at 05:55 AM.

Who would you guys choose to play northstar? I reckon tanner Cohen would be amazing

Crystar, Crystal Warrior #8 (Nightcrawler) and #11 (Puck, Shaman, and Northstar)

I can't help but think writer Jo Duffy was having fun alluding to Northstar's sexuality in this scene. He's crabby and ready to bite heads off until the buff, sparkly hottie in the chainmail onesie shows up, then it's all smiles and willingness to help.
    Yeah, I am going to need this.
    Is this it?
    http://mycomicshop.com/search?TID=214621

You said this was something you didn't think would be good, but you ended up liking it, yes?
    I think I'll just get the entire collection instead of just the two issues.
    It has #6 with Nightcrawler on the cover (and from the description it appears to be mainly about him?) and #11 says it stars Alpha Flight.

That art looks great, and it seems it has the same artist throughout the series.

Yeah, I am going to need this.
    Is this it?
    http://mycomicshop.com/search?TID=214621

You said this was something you didn't think would be good, but you ended up liking it, yes?
    I think I'll just get the entire collection instead of just the two issues.
    It has #6 with Nightcrawler on the cover (and from the description it appears to be mainly about him?) and #11 says it stars Alpha Flight.
    Yup, that's it. And thanks for looking it up -- I misremembered which issue had Nightcrawler in it.

I think it's worth picking up the whole thing. It is a very 80's aesthetic, but I don't count that as a negative. And I thought the writing was a lot of fun.

That art looks great, and it seems it has the same artist throughout the series.
    Ah, remember the days when that was standard?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Who would you guys choose to play northstar? I reckon tanner Cohen would be amazing
    Oliver Martinez was high on my list for a while.

Alas, he has not aged well.

I am waiting for my other orders to arrive before I order the Crystar stuff.
    I'll wait until this weekend before I start bitching about the fact that I paid a lot of money to have that stuff shipped to me sooner.
    Because GRRRRRHATEMAIL.

And since I'm sharing this one in another thread, a low point from Alpha Flight #8:

Yes, Northstar had seen his father-figure murdered in front of him a few hours ago and hadn't moved quickly enough to stop it, but that's not an excuse given that Aurora had spent the whole day having to make nice with someone who could kill her with a touch. It's just one of those moments where I want to smack the crap out of the character before giving him a hug.

In a way, Northstar is a pretty good case for Xavier's dream of mutant-human coexistance being possible...but he also rather undermines the Professor's methods, as he'd made a success of himself well apart from the X-Men's methods by the time Xavier came knocking.
    That he did. It does support that it's more than possible, though. I think of all the current X-Men, he's the one most likely to have a firm grip on what it really takes to live as a part of the world, rather than on the fringes. I'd love to see writers use that and have him as a front-liner for mutant and human relations.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    That he did. It does support that it's more than possible, though. I think of all the current X-Men, he's the one most likely to have a firm grip on what it really takes to live as a part of the world, rather than on the fringes. I'd love to see writers use that and have him as a front-liner for mutant and human relations.
    Absolutely. He never wanted to be part of the spandex set because he already had a life. Hell, he had a life where everyone he knew and loved and loved him was a human. Alpha Flight and all the rest was just a distraction from that until (imo, anyway) he had a chance to give a bunch of confused kids the same guidance he got at that age. That said, I think JP would be a terrible, terrible mutant spokesperson. He's too low a bullshit tolerance to play the kind of publicity game where you have to be non-threatening and reassuring. I shudder to think the job that Kyle has in front of him as the man's PR manager.

See, for me, that's what would make it potentially a good read. They could have JP in there reluctantly and maybe another character or two trying to help him cull his tendency towards impatience. I mean he does know the best way to go about this, he'd have a huge amount to offer, but it would go against his grain to do it and subject himself to the role of diplomat. Him doing so anyway might offer up some nice character moments and development, at least imo. Eh, it's just one I'd personally like to see.