Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334 LastLast

Northstar and Kyle by Abraham Hernández

Commission of my fave putting Canada's natural beauty to shame. XD

Art by Amoona Saohin

That face is just EXQUISITE. Those lashes. That jaw. Those hair swoops my GAWD

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    That face is just EXQUISITE. Those lashes. That jaw. Those hair swoops my GAWD
    I should have known you'd have appreciation for the classic hair swoop! (It's because know in your heart this was what Billy was aiming for in YA v.2, isn't it? )

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I should have known you'd have appreciation for the classic hair swoop! (It's because know in your heart this was what Billy was aiming for in YA v.2, isn't it? )
    I adore gorgeous hair in general, but I won't deny their similar styles DO tickle me just a little. I often feel that Jean Paul exceptional hair isn't done justice.

Some tidbits about Northstar from this interview about the upcoming Uncanny X-Men series:

Brisson: Kelly and I are definitely always in a competition for Armor’s love. Glob is in the series, and is a character I’ve been using a lot over in Old Man Logan. Love writing him. Northstar is one that’s been pretty great. Being Canadian, I always love the opportunity to tackle Canadian characters.
    But it seems Jean-Paul gets roughed up early on. That looks like him over on the far right of the preview art for issue #4:

UXM #3:

Last edited by Anduinel; 09-13-2018 at 04:56 AM.

BANNED

That last image is from Cinar, and is for #3. The battle it shows could likely be what leads to him being injured, if that is him, in the previous posted image from Perez & #4.

Northstar custom statue by Statue Madness Studio

So apparently, Northstar almost had a solo series way back when. From the Byrne Robotics Forums (dated 7/17/2008):

Quote Originally Posted by John Bynre
    Northstar almost got his own solo series about 20 years ago. Almost a series, almost solo. An editor up at Marvel, who was openly Gay, got in touch with me about doing something he had titled NORTH AND SOUTH. It would be about an uneasy alliance between Northstar and Ironclad (from the UFOes), who were brought together thru a romance the latter was having with Aurora. (This element -- how they met -- was something I developed as we talked about the project. I want to get Jean Marie in there, and this seemed a likely way.)

One of the key elements of the series was going to be Jean Paul's homosexuality. The editor wanted no coyness, there. This would be front and center, and while not what the series was about, definitely as important as the sexuality/romantic life of any straight character. We developed a pilot storyline, and pitched it to the powers that were. Along the way, I added in what I expected to get paid. At the time the Kubert brothers were getting a phenomenal amount of money, so for pencils, inks and script on N&S I asked for half what they were
    getting for just penciling. The upper echelon at Marvel kicked the proposal around for a while, then rejected it saying I was asking for too much money.

The editor and I had little doubt what the real reason was!

BANNED

John Byrne did not get to do it then so C.B. Cebulski can let him do it now.

The series could have helped develop him a lot more and entrench him better. Too bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Some tidbits about Northstar from this interview about the upcoming Uncanny X-Men series:

But it seems Jean-Paul gets roughed up early on. That looks like him over on the far right of the preview art for issue #4:
    Nice link but I hope they won't kill off Northstar.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 10-15-2018 at 12:51 AM.

BANNED

Just thought I'd share some more positivity, regarding JP's upcoming prospects, and hopefully thereafter...

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    So in a Newsarama interview Kelly Thompson mentions both Northstar and Polaris being in Uncanny. ...

https://www.newsarama.com/42395-kell...interview.html
    ... renewed prosperity:

, SO psyched!!

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    The series could have helped develop him a lot more and entrench him better. Too bad.
    That would have been the best case scenario. But, given the time period? I suspect most readers would be looking at it about as fondly as the limited series from the 90's. Still, interesting bit of trivia.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Nice link but I hope they won't kill off Northstar.
    Considering what (literal) overkill they did on that front back when Enemy of the State came out, I suspect he's safe for another couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Just thought I'd share some more positivity, regarding JP's upcoming prospects, and hopefully thereafter...

... renewed prosperity:

, SO psyched!!
    Good to know he's on the writers' radar still. Here's hoping he sticks around after the all-hands-on-deck event is over.