Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    I CANNOT find New X-Men: Academy X in stock anywhere, and the cheap in me will NOT pay $40-$50 for it.
    However, I'm breaking down and buying "The Hope". But not in TPB. I'm buying it in singles. So much cheaper.

I just ordered so many Northstar reads. And Alpha Flight things to gift people.
    Yowtch! I didn't think the Weir/DeFillipis volumes were going for more than cover, but yeah...cheapest I'm seeing for the "X-Posed" collection on Amazon is $25 used. There's one in new condition for $22 plus shipping on eBay. You could also just get the single issue instead since Northstar doesn't feature heavily in the series aside from a couple of cameos and that one story. Issue #13 about $2 on eBay. Or get it digitally for the same price off Comixology and save yourself the shipping.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 05-20-2014 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Yowtch! I didn't think the Weir/DeFillipis volumes were going for more than cover, but yeah...cheapest I'm seeing for the "X-Posed" collection on Amazon is $25 used. There's one in new condition for $22 plus shipping on eBay. You could also just get the single issue instead since Northstar doesn't feature heavily in the series aside from a couple of cameos and that one story. Issue #13 about $2 on eBay. Or get it digitally for the same price off Comixology and save yourself the shipping.
    Thank you!
    One last question: What is the exact name of the issue? I searched mycomicshop.com for it, and they didn't have it. I want to make sure my search term is correct.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Thank you!
    One last question: What is the exact name of the issue? I searched mycomicshop.com for it, and they didn't have it. I want to make sure my search term is correct.
    New X-Men - Academy X #13

But it looks like they have it listed under just "New X-Men".

AHHHH!!! THANK YOU!!!! <3
    You're fantastic.

ETA: And it looks like I'm placing another order!!! I've wanted Pixie's first appearance for forever, and now I can get all of these. I could never find them before.
    SOEXCITE!
    Last edited by Cold Water; 05-20-2014 at 03:28 PM.

AHHHH!!! THANK YOU!!!! <3
    You're fantastic.

ETA: And it looks like I'm placing another order!!! I've wanted Pixie's first appearance for forever, and now I can get all of these. I could never find them before.
    SOEXCITE!
    It's so nice when people are excited over me being a shameless enabler.

It's so nice when people are excited over me being a shameless enabler.
    HA!
    Nah, I haven't ordered any books this week, so I was starting to feel it anyway. :P
    I think I am set on Northstar reads for a bit.
    Well, at least my wallet says so.

ETA: I ordered...1-15 of New Mutants. I should just list here what I ordered so that you can share in your enabler excitements!
    Last edited by Cold Water; 05-20-2014 at 03:38 PM.

This is what I got:
    1 Alpha Flight (1983 1st Series) 1 VF
    1 Alpha Flight (1983 1st Series) 2 VF
    1 Alpha Flight (1983 1st Series) 3 NM
    1 Alpha Flight (1983 1st Series) 4 VF
    1 Alpha Flight (1983 1st Series) 5 VF
    1 Alpha Flight (1983 1st Series) 6 VF
    1 Alpha Flight (1983 1st Series) 7 VF
    1 Alpha Flight (1983 1st Series) 8 VF
    1 Alpha Flight (1983 1st Series) 9 VF
    1 Alpha Flight (1983 1st Series) 10 VF
    1 Alpha Flight HC (2011) 1-1ST NM
    1 Astonishing X-Men Northstar HC (2012 Marvel) 1B-1ST NM
    1 Astonishing X-Men TPB (2004-2013 Marvel) 11-1ST NM
    1 Marvel Fanfare (1982 1st Series) 28 VF
    1 Saga of the Sub-Mariner (1988) 1 VF
    1 Saga of the Sub-Mariner (1988) 2 VF
    1 Uncanny X-Men (1963) 1st Series 410 VF
    1 Uncanny X-Men (1963) 1st Series 411 NM
    1 Uncanny X-Men (1963) 1st Series 412 VF
    1 Uncanny X-Men (1963) 1st Series 413 VF
    1 Uncanny X-Men (1963) 1st Series 414 NM
    1 Uncanny X-Men (1963) 1st Series 415 NM
    1 X-Men Alpha Flight (1985) $1.50 CP Limited Series 1 VF
    1 X-Men Alpha Flight (1985) $1.50 CP Limited Series 2 VF
    1 X-Men Alpha Flight (1998) $2.99 CP Limited Series 1 NM
    1 X-Men Alpha Flight (1998) $2.99 CP Limited Series 2 NM

The X-Men Alpha Flight 1985 "The Gift", "The Saga of the Sub-Mariner" #1 and 2, and Alpha Flight 1-10 are not for me.

And then New X-Men Academy X 1-15.

Heck of an order. The way you've been going, that'll keep you busy for...a day? Maybe 2?

Heck of an order. The way you've been going, that'll keep you busy for...a day? Maybe 2?
    HA!
    I don't read through singles as quickly as I do TPBs. Mainly because to get any peace and quiet in my house, I have to lock myself in my bedroom to read in silence (I'm easily distracted), and I end up on my bed which isn't comfortable for reading singles.
    So, I have to read through those when I am by myself and can just read at my office desk.

While I wait for my NS reads to get here, would any of you like to post up some scans for me to give me something to look forward to?
    I just ordered X-Men: Day of the Atom to complete the required Chuck Austen NS reads. And it'll be here before my other NS stuff gets here.

While I wait for my NS reads to get here, would any of you like to post up some scans for me to give me something to look forward to?
    I just ordered X-Men: Day of the Atom to complete the required Chuck Austen NS reads. And it'll be here before my other NS stuff gets here.
    In which Northstar is unimpressed with Avalanche's resume:

...you know, I'm not usually one to wish death on characters, but I can't say I'm sad that Mammomax went off to that great peanut farm in the sky. Austen's run just had a lot of utterly uninspired, Zoobalee Zoo type villains. And he made pretty bad use of Alpha Flight.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 08-10-2017 at 03:36 AM.

Wow.
    I can see I will probably experience even more "WTF" moments than usual while reading this?

And all for Northstar.
    Actually, ONLY for Northstar. <3

Thank you for posting this!
    If, you know, you get bored and feel like it, you are welcome to share more (pretty please?).
    Last edited by Cold Water; 05-25-2014 at 12:10 PM.

I love northstar. He's the reason I started reading amazing xmen

Wow.
    I can see I will probably experience even more "WTF" moments than usual while reading this?
    I have one word for you: Huggernaut.

And all for Northstar.
    Actually, ONLY for Northstar. <3
    It is amazing the things we'll buy just because it has a favorite character in it. But sometimes it turns out unexpectedly cool. I bought issues of Crystar: Crystal Warrior because of Nightcrawler and Northstar guest-spots thinking it would just be stupid toy-line tie-in cheese, but they were actually really enjoyable in that 80's high-fantasy sort of way.

Thank you for posting this!
    If, you know, you get bored and feel like it, you are welcome to share more (pretty please?).
    I'm away from my primary machine for a few days, but if I have time to search for anything, I'll post it.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I love northstar. He's the reason I started reading amazing xmen
    Ditto. I was interested in seeing Kurt's return, but Azzie + Aaron made me think I'd just hold out for the Claremont series. But Northstar's inclusion at least got me to buy the first five issues. He was mostly wallpaper, but the McGuinness art at least made it worthwhile. And Aaron didn't do a bad job with him, pirate nonsense aside -- I think he forgot which pointy-ear smart-alec he was supposed to be writing.

Essay exploring the hypotheticals of Northstar's life prior to meeting Raymonde Belmonde.

And Jean-Paul was the lucky one of the twins. Poor kids; they really had a rough go of it from start to finish.