Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone else seeing a Forever Evil similarity with Metal?

Lurking evil being off in the beyond that we keep hearing is coming, and evil versions of the JL members complete with background story?

Not saying its the same thing, but anyone pick up on the similarity to Forever Evil?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I see what you mean. There are definite similarities here.

Now that you mention it, yeah. I didn't read Forever Evil so I didn't notice it but now....I can't unsee it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I think they are very subtle similarities, but now that you point them out...

Though in contrast to Forever Evil, we have the spotlight squarely focused on the heroes and the Justice League this time around .

I see the similarities, but the concept in Forever Evil it was (our) evil guys fights against (extradimensional) evil guys.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

BANNED

No, if Snyder is leaning on any previous event with this, it's Final Crisis.

But in FC the inconceivable evil that came from another universe happened to be Darkseid. And to some degree the Monitors... now a race of cosmic vampires.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    Lurking evil being off in the beyond that we keep hearing is coming, and evil versions of the JL members complete with background story?

Not saying its the same thing, but anyone pick up on the similarity to Forever Evil?
    Yes. But then again Snyder's ideas are usually lifted from guys like Morrison and Johns.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    No, if Snyder is leaning on any previous event with this, it's Final Crisis.

But in FC the inconceivable evil that came from another universe happened to be Darkseid. And to some degree the Monitors... now a race of cosmic vampires.
    Not only FINAL CRISIS, but its Batman-related aftermath: THE RETURN OF BRUCE WAYNE.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

has luthor left the league and if so in which issue did it take place or did it occur off panel for rebirth?

Called it!
    Pull List: Currently Empty

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    Called it!
    Why did you call Pennywise?

One similarity I see between the two is that I didn't buy Forever Evil and I'm not buying Metal . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    One similarity I see between the two is that I didn't buy Forever Evil and I'm not buying Metal . . .
    That had me laughing more than it probably should have.

I can see where you're coming from, but I am much more intrigued with Metal, now, than I ever was with Forever Evil.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    has luthor left the league and if so in which issue did it take place or did it occur off panel for rebirth?
    After darkseid war, Lex took over for Darkseid for a bit and I think that is when he left. Maybe it was mentioned in JL 51 or 52, which was Lex's first issue as super lex.