Default Is there more than one LockJaw?

Black Bolt's solo shows him having Lockjaw as a puppy and it growing up with him his entire life but in Once and Future King Crystal says it's her dog and its a puppy and she is a little girl. Is Once and Future kings a non-canon story?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Black Bolt's solo shows him having Lockjaw as a puppy and it growing up with him his entire life but in Once and Future King Crystal says it's her dog and its a puppy and she is a little girl. Is Once and Future kings a non-canon story?
    Lockjaw is Black Bolt's dog*; Crystal tells Johnny Storm as much in Lockjaw's very first appearance in Fantastic Four #45. (His antennae, which were more organic looking in that issue, eventually started to be drawn the same way Black Bolt's antenna appears, to further add credence to this claim.)

I am pretty sure that Once and Future Kings is supposed to be canon, so it may be that they got it wrong there, but there are other explanations I can think of. Crystal as a little girl might well feel that Lockjaw is her pet just because she's a kid and spends so much time with him; Lockjaw might still be small at the time of Once and Future King for some reason- we don't really know just how old he is, but it is entirely possible that he has a longer lifespan as an Inhuman dog (Inhumans live longer than humans do after all).

*This also begs the issue of whether Lockjaw is actually a dog or not. He seems to be, and is by and large treated as such, but there is at least one prominent story that says otherwise, but that's a whole other kettle of fish.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

It's more likely Crystal just felt she adopted him cuz they had a bond, but he's black bolt's dog.

Headcanon is lockjaw is Black bolt's dog but he gave him to crystal to take care of while he's busy. When she was younger she didn't have a lot of actual duties so it was easier for to take care of him in Black Bolt's stead.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

In the early days of Heroes Return: Fantastic Four the Richards had a similar dog called Puppy. Haven't seen much of him since. According to the Marvel Wiki Tom B. says he's the offspring of Lockjaw.

In Black Bolt, wasn't there a panel with more than one Lockjaw?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Headcanon is lockjaw is Black bolt's dog but he gave him to crystal to take care of while he's busy. When she was younger she didn't have a lot of actual duties so it was easier for to take care of him in Black Bolt's stead.
    Yeah, don't forget, Medusa was the one who sent Lockjaw to Ms Marvel a couple of years ago. At that time, Black Bolt was away from Attilan and Crystal wasn't around (she was probably setting up her team for All-New Inhumans). Medusa sent Lockjaw to keep an eye on Kamala, knowing that she could look after him. The royal Inhumans are in space at the moment (BB, Medusa, and Crystal) so Lockjaw probably currently teleports between Kamala and New Attilan leader Iso as and when needed. Lockjaw belongs to the Inhumans in general, not just Blackagar.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, don't forget, Medusa was the one who sent Lockjaw to Ms Marvel a couple of years ago. At that time, Black Bolt was away from Attilan and Crystal wasn't around (she was probably setting up her team for All-New Inhumans). Medusa sent Lockjaw to keep an eye on Kamala, knowing that she could look after him. The royal Inhumans are in space at the moment (BB, Medusa, and Crystal) so Lockjaw probably currently teleports between Kamala and New Attilan leader Iso as and when needed. Lockjaw belongs to the Inhumans in general, not just Blackagar.
    As we saw in Mosaic, Lockjaw hangs out with people he likes and trusts. So it makes sense that pool would grow as the Inhumans became more accessible by becoming less isolationist. I mean, I've no idea when Wong and Lockjaw struck up a friendship, but they have.

Thanks for the responses. I figured it was proably just a mistake but wanted to make sure. In Black Bolt's book we saw lockjaw grow as Blackbolt does but it's a teleporting dog so it makes perfect sense that a little girl could think of him as hers and he still belong to black bolt. I'm actually enjoying once and future kings so far. I really only gave it a chance because i've never read any of the writers stuff and wanted to give it a try. Not as good as Black Bolt's solo which is a huge surprise for me but man it turned me into a creel fan.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/