Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Learner View Post
    Are we sure Morrison didn't have anything to do with making Supes as central to the event as Batman? I have heard rumors in some other forums that Morrison had collaborated with Snyder in this Metal project. Anyway, it was cool Superman had such an important role in a Batman centric event like this.
    Morrison helped do issues of Sideways, but had no role in the main series.

Yeah, not Clark's smartest decision here, though I can respect his 'leave-no-man-behind' attitude.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    After hating Superman Unchained, I think I'd be interested again in Snyder taking another shot with Superman. Just one that doesn't include Batman being basically a co-star and something really deep with the mythos like this. That could be pretty fun.
    To my own surprise - if in a subdued sense, since I never thought he was anything other than fine with him in the first place - I agree. Capullo's much more suited to Superman than I ever would've expected, and now that Snyder's really willing to admit his regular superhero stuff belongs in weird high-concept 80s action movie territory with copious drawing on continuity thrown in, and that he already burned through the Superman 101 material with Unchained, I suspect a second full-fledged effort on the character would yield much more interesting results judging by this. At this point I'd say them taking on Wonder Woman or some kind of companion book to the newly Priest-helmed Justice League would be infinitely more likely, but I sure wouldn't complain if he turned out to be their next project.

And I appreciate that Superman's failure comes down less to his faith in his friends being misplaced, or him overlooking something obvious, so much as Bruce's idea of what constitutes a reasonable clue being absolutely off-the-wall bonkers, as you should probably expect of a guy who deciphers Joker's schemes for a living.
    Last edited by Dispenser Of Truth; 10-15-2017 at 12:48 AM.
    Buh-bye

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I liked Superman in this issue. Optimistic but not naive, and prepared to risk everything to save a friend.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Morrison helped do issues of Sideways, but had no role in the main series.
    Well you have no way of knowing this. we have the official statement but we know nothing of what happens behind closed doors but we do know how much Synder worships at the alter of Morrison it's not far fetched to imagine him taking pointers