Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default XMEN BLUE #13 Spoilers and Discussion

We open up with Mojo narrating to the public, how they will now watch the XMEN in action against their greatest foes. We open up to Kitty, Tyke, Rachel, and Bloodstorm being attacked by Sentinels in the DOFP timeline. Rachel and Tyke actually get to do some bonding before Mojo introduces himself to them. Tyke doesn’t know Mojo and is told who he is. As tyke wonders if that means nothing is real, Bloodstorm is impaled. As Bloodstorm settles in to take a nap for the rest of the issue, Kitty, Tyke and Rachel move on defending themselves.

We switch to Asgard, where Storm, Logan, Angel and Iceboy fight frost giants and defend civilians. Angel seems very concerned when he learsn Bloodstorm is “lost”.

We then switch to Inferno, where Jean, Colossus, Jimmy, Kurt and Hank fight demonds. Well, Hank doesn’t as the demons try to lure him to their side. Jean uses her panel time to make sure Tyke is ok.

Back on earth, Mojo narrates to his audience that he will have a street team delivering goodies for them to participate. Meanwhile, SpiderMan, the Avengers and the Champions are all trying to figure out how to penetrate the force field Mojo trapped the XMEN in.

In MOJOWORLD, Mojo gets his first ratings report and it’s not enough viewers. Mojo demands more stunts, and reveals a wheel of part XMEN tragedies, trying to figure out which one to redo.

As Kitty, Rachel and Tyke are cornered by Sentinels, they are saved by Longshot. He wants to help them but first he reaches out to his own subscribers, and reveals that as Mojo keeps losing viewers doing the same stories, his indie station is picking them up. Just then, Old School Magneto shows up and threatens to destroy them.

Storm not saying nothing about bloodstorm being taken away was a bit ummmmm sour. and Angel was really worry about her and Jean of Tyke.

The meta is strong with this one.

It was sad to see Bloodstorm being taken out of the story so early. We all know she'll return somehow due to future solicits and previews but still, I was LOVING how Molina drew her and I'm sour about her being taken out already smh. We all know regular Storm will get no kind of panel time in Gold smh. I really liked how Molina drew Scott and Rachel though. The whole art and coloring of this issue was perfect.

BANNED

Phew!! That takes care one Doppleganger. R.I.P BloodStorm

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    Storm not saying nothing about bloodstorm being taken away was a bit ummmmm sour. and Angel was really worry about her and Jean of Tyke.
    RIGHT! She could've at least said "Goddess rest the childs soul" or something like that. That would totally be in character for her.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Phew!! That takes care one Doppleganger. R.I.P BloodStorm
    Have you not seen any of the future solicits lol? She's coming back at least by the end of this event. And she's in future issues of Blue after.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Thought the real highlight of this issue was the gorgeous pages by Molina. Bunn continues to do a good job with characters voices imo, and the interaction between Rachel and Cyclops was really great. Loved that Longshot was leaching viewers off of Mojo. Thought that was pretty funny. I know Bloodstrom biting it (pun intended) was because she's the only one who can "die" and then come back, but has Bunn not been reading Gold? Storm fans have been through enough.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PattiLaBelleStormfan View Post
    RIGHT! She could've at least said "Goddess rest the childs soul" or something like that. That would totally be in character for her.
    Storm is pissed Bloodstorm is stealing her whole "Let me take a nap until the bad writing stops" schtick!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Storm is pissed Bloodstorm is stealing her whole "Let me take a nap until the bad writing stops" schtick!
    This.
    Maybe with Bloodstorm taking a literally dirtnap before rising, 616 could step it up? I mean doubtful but we can hope right?
    And this Rachel & Scott scene was almost worth the 5 years of them being in the X-Men but never talking. Almost. Sad this will never happen with her and Jean. Also why is Kitty all of a sudden dumb to what clothing she wearing? It's not like she doesn't have memories of 818 and being in Kate Pryde's body.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Jean uses her panel time to make sure Tyke is ok.
    Not true! She spent her time looking nearly naked (And for once, she doesn't look like a 12 years old)

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Also why is Kitty all of a sudden dumb to what clothing she wearing? It's not like she doesn't have memories of 818 and being in Kate Pryde's body.
    She knows what she's wearing, but she doesn't know HOW. She's asking why everyone's suddenly cosplaying their alt universe counterparts.

Hmm kind of wished something interesting would've happened by now other than Bloodstorm "dying".

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

nice to see rachel and scott interacting, i hope jean gets the chance to talk with rachel too.
    also i liked jean making sure tyke was okay

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Thought the real highlight of this issue was the gorgeous pages by Molina. Bunn continues to do a good job with characters voices imo, and the interaction between Rachel and Cyclops was really great. Loved that Longshot was leaching viewers off of Mojo. Thought that was pretty funny. I know Bloodstrom biting it (pun intended) was because she's the only one who can "die" and then come back, but has Bunn not been reading Gold? Storm fans have been through enough.
    It appears a few more characters will be biting it too in future issues and the somehow coming back towards the end. At least that's what I'm gathering from the solicit info available. I guess he couldn't have A Storm in the DoFP and not have her impaled lol.