Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Anyone else feel like Guggenhiem & Bunn are going meta with the characters? Longshot seems like the typical social media "influencer millennial" and doesn't read like the actual Longshot.

I understand where they think those types of personalities fit into a story like this, but they don't understand the characters enough to know that THIS isn't how they act and this isn't who they are. Gold & Blue have just been extremely disappointing.
    Pretty much the complaint I had with treatment of Polaris, and why I stopped reading. I'm not complaining as much as I used to though cause now I have Gifted doing things right.

The only thing that caught my eye in everything said so far is the half naked Jean thing, and I'm sure that'll show up online eventually if it's not already out there. And it only caught my eye cause I have a pervy side.
    Last edited by salarta; 10-11-2017 at 03:58 PM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

• The art was absolutely stellar. I do wish with Blue the art team was a little more consistent as some have been mediocre.
    • I am fond of the way the teams were split up and given some really great costumes. Really nice nostalgia and the art does it justice.
    • Mojo seems very meta, and Longshot honestly reminded me of the stereotypical vlogger. Kinda weird seeing such nods, and with commentary about a "self-proclaimed marginalized fanbase" though I guess its weirdly accurate.
    • The wheel of X-Men tragedy is pretty great and it's nice to see nods to such tales of importance to mutantkind. Fall of the Mutants, Dark Phoenix, Messiah Complex, Age of X, Mutant Massacre etc. Plenty of big stories that are often forgotten or intentionally ignored.
    • Character interactions here are apt, and I particularly liked the Rachel/Tyke dialogue addressing him as little Dad.
    • Bloodstorms 'death' was a little redundant given we already know she's coming back in future issues, and it didn't really have a buildup. Curious that Angel seems very concerned about the loss of his recent teammate. It mightn't mean anything, but perhaps a romance is on the cards? I would've thought that Bloodstorm & Beast would be the new couple.

X-Men Blue continues to remind me of how I would much rather have him writing our adult X-Men. I'm certain that he could write Gold or Weapon X to a much higher standard than what is currently being produced, and there are a number of potential titles lined up that he could do well. Once the O5 are gone, I hope he remains within the world of the X-Men as I've genuinely enjoyed his work.

Really enjoyed this issue. Between all the wonderfully meta moments with Mojo and O5 Cyclops' interactions with Rachel, this issue was uniquely satisfying. Plus, seeing Longshot again was a nice treat. He doesn't get to shine often, but when he does, it's usually a lot of fun. As far as crossover arcs go, I think this one is off to a great start.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    Storm not saying nothing about bloodstorm being taken away was a bit ummmmm sour. and Angel was really worry about her and Jean of Tyke.
    Storm hasn't seemed the slightest bit interested in Bloodstorm. She's probably very uncomfortable with the whole idea of Bloodstorm. And probably glad she's gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    hahaha bloodstorm
    why teen jean half naked?
    Because adult Jean hasn't arrived yet. The Gobby Queen imagery doesn't really work on anybody else.

And please... she's not even a quarter naked.
    If she was drawn like a 12 year old it wouldn't be an issue, but seriously looks pervy.

Can't believe that they got away with a Hoth reference, but I guess since Disney owns both properties...
    You don't need permission to mention Star Wars things. It's popular culture.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 10-12-2017 at 05:22 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Bunn's really good at wring for Mojo. Makes for a fun villain that's working quite well here. I like Molina's art and glad to have him and Matt Milla back working together after those first few issues with them.

Would've liked to see more substance in the issue but that's more a case of comics at the moment in general and not this specific issue. Most comics to me feel lacking in substance/depth in these modern times especially for how much some of these single issues cost.
    Last edited by SXVA; 10-12-2017 at 05:41 AM.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

Tyke and Rachel was cute family reunion

It read really fast and too much things happening on this opening issue.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I like how much confidence and "swagger" Longshot shows as he arrives , like he is the perfect nemesis for Mojo

This issue was fairly goofy as to be expected when Mojo is involved but I agree with most folks, the art was amazing, the costuming made it seem fresh too

Also think it's pretty cringey Bloodstorm had to "die" (not truly die but still) I mean, hmm I don't know, why must both versions of Storm in BLUE and GOLD keep on suffering or being ignored
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I like how much confidence and "swagger" Longshot shows as he arrives , like he is the perfect nemesis for Mojo

This issue was fairly goofy as to be expected when Mojo is involved but I agree with most folks, the art was amazing, the costuming made it seem fresh too

Also think it's pretty cringey Bloodstorm had to "die" (not truly die but still) I mean, hmm I don't know, why must both versions of Storm in BLUE and GOLD keep on suffering or being ignored
    This. All of this.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by planetxmen View Post
    Has Kitty ever even met Longshot before?
    Of course. Briefly, though, since she was badly injuried after Mutant Massacre.

Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    Yeah, the timing of Longshot's arrival is off. But in Uncanny X-men 215, Kitty kissed Longshot while she was stuck in her ghost form:

This girl never wasted her time. In fact, she was the first to kiss him...and actually the only one aside from Dazzler (and Rogue in UXM Annual #12, but that was -supposedly- 'on duty').

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Longshot seems like the typical social media "influencer millennial" and doesn't read like the actual Longshot.

I understand where they think those types of personalities fit into a story like this, but they don't understand the characters enough to know that THIS isn't how they act and this isn't who they are.
    This is my main suspicion. Cheek and cockiness are not Longshot's traits, he's daring in other sense, in an impulsive sense --but never roguish. Also he absolutely lacks of slyness, I find it hard to believe he pretends to defeat Mojo by using the same strategies of manipulation and falseness (maybe even personality worship???). All of this is simply the contrary of Longshot essence.

On the other hand, it's always good that other ways are being explored. I mean, although I doubt it, maybe Guggenheim find a way to coherently meld this, rather in a Nocenti's way --for example, introducing pirate media which sabotage Mojo's monopoly attacking not its rating, but its ideological garbage. I would like something like this.