Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Probably the fishy fighter that wears their underwear on the outside of their pants.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Namor does have a trident which is a fully-functional copy of the Trident of Poseidon. He rarely carries it unless he is in Atlantis. He can use it to control water and fire mystical beams of energy, but rarely does so. I'm not sure that Namor's trident should be considered standard equipment.
    I think I've seen Namor use that shell horn that let';s him summon giant Kirby monsters more than I've seen him use the trident.

Looks like Marvel hired a 4th grader to draw that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I think I've seen Namor use that shell horn that let';s him summon giant Kirby monsters more than I've seen him use the trident.
    That wouldn't surprise me.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Looks like he got him in the shoulder blade area, not main chest.
    It's Logan putting his giant hamfists against Namor's chest and the blades popping out on the other side just below his neck. If he had anything like human anatomy there, he could say goodbye to both his lungs, his heart, and probably part of his spine. I'd say it was just bad art, like how Namor has gorilla hands in that panel, but it's actually surprisingly common for Logan to just shank or slash Namor clear in the torso and Namor basically just ignores it after the initial grimace.

At this point, I'm wondering if Namor just considers it flirting.

No no, Drunkard !

You messed it up.

"I'm wondering if Namor just considers it foreplay."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Ultimate Member

Current Aquaman is much stronger and more durable than pre Nu52.

In Geoff Johns run, Arthur stopped a sub and flung it straight out of water.

He also lifted a sunken ocean liner and smashed it on the "Old King" (I've forgotten his name).

In the Throne of Atlantis, when battling Ocean Master, he tanked lightning strikes that had earlier taken out Superman and Wonder Woman.

If Namor beats Arthur in a physical fight it definitely won't be stomp. Throw in Aquaman's telepathy and it will be one hell of a fight.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    At this point, I'm wondering if Namor just considers it flirting.
    Dammit, you had to go there.

Arthur isn't exactly well-covered here. And is blond.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

The Default Arena has no water in it, correct?

What if the fight takes place in the sea (but too far away from either Atlantis or other Atlanteans or surface dwellers). Who is faster underwater? Does Sea Life at this point become a factor or is there no sea creature on either Marvel Earth or DC Earth that can actually hurt the Sub-Mariner?

Astonishing Member

Crossovers don't count but one cannot forget Arthur dropping a whale on Namor for a count out. Redefining Arthur is getting a little old in every universe reboot. I prefer the old talk to fish dude.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    The Default Arena has no water in it, correct?

What if the fight takes place in the sea (but too far away from either Atlantis or other Atlanteans or surface dwellers). Who is faster underwater? Does Sea Life at this point become a factor or is there no sea creature on either Marvel Earth or DC Earth that can actually hurt the Sub-Mariner?
    I imagine Giganto would be a problem for Namor, although it can’t fly, so he’s got that.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I imagine Giganto would be a problem for Namor, although it can’t fly, so he’s got that.
    Couldn't a blood-lusted Namor just physically pulverize an Arthur-controlled Giganto?

I know way back in the day Namor could regularly tangle one-on-one with the Hulk, but the Hulk is much stronger now than then. Has Namor also kept up? Is Namor a "Class 100" these days?

I know Arthur got a huge strength upgrade from New52 onward. What would Arthur be considered these days? "Class 80"?

I know way back in the day Namor could regularly tangle one-on-one with the Hulk, but the Hulk is much stronger now than then.
    Honestly this is an exaggerated concept and I find mostly gets repeated by people looking to excuse away times where the Hulk has not all dominated. I'm not saying that's what's going on here, just my general experience. The whole "Hulk was weaker then". The Hulk who First Showing Wolverine with his adamantium claws couldn't cut (yes yes, much later retcons, I'm just pointing out more high end stuff the Hulk had in earlier eras just fine) was much weaker?

Anyway, the Hulk in the days where him and Namor went at it, that Hulk did a ton of insane crap just fine. For an example involving both of them at that: One of their fights, as the side effect of them ramming into each other, caused flooding on the scale of continents and deformed weather patterns for hundreds of miles.

Has Namor also kept up? Is Namor a "Class 100" these days?
    He has been such when underwater for ages and ages.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 10-12-2017 at 06:46 PM.

Where does lifting a sunken ocean liner place Arthur?

Around the Thing?