Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Sub-Mariner vs Aquaman

Apologies if this has been done to death already (can't tell with the search function)

Namor and Arthur square off.

Standard Rumbles settings. Standard gear allowed (i.e. Arthur's trident).

Most current versions.

Who wins?

This has been done to death, though not with the current version of Aquaman. I'm not up on current DC comics, so I'm not familiar with current Aquaman.

In general, Namor can fly and seems to be stronger and more durable than Aquaman.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    This has been done to death, though not with the current version of Aquaman. I'm not up on current DC comics, so I'm not familiar with current Aquaman.

In general, Namor can fly and seems to be stronger and more durable than Aquaman.
    Indeed. Though the trident should definitely be able to pierce Namor. But Namor has a pretty good track record of continuing to fight when Wolverine punctures him, so it basically comes down to if Aquaman can hit a vital organ.

I figured without gear (or sea life), Namor would stomp Arthur due to his superior strength, durability and flight.

But Arthur's trident should even things out quite a bit.

Does Namor typically carry a trident of his own? Or any other gear? If so, how does his stuff compare to Arthur's, which can pierce Kryptonian flesh?

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Does Namor typically carry a trident of his own? Or any other gear? If so, how does his stuff compare to Arthur's, which can pierce Kryptonian flesh?
    Namor does have a trident which is a fully-functional copy of the Trident of Poseidon. He rarely carries it unless he is in Atlantis. He can use it to control water and fire mystical beams of energy, but rarely does so. I'm not sure that Namor's trident should be considered standard equipment.

Namor has the strength, durability and flight advantage over Arthur. However, Namor has no long range weapons/powers so he has get within punching distance. In this case Aquaman has the reach advantage with a weapon that can definitely damage Namor. It's a tough one but I still back Namor due to the aforementioned advantages.

Who would be more skilled as a one-on-one combatant? Talking hand to hand, melee or range weapons?

There is no water to be used in standard rumbles settings, right?

Arthur's TP can't be used on Namor, can it (He is a fellow Half-Atlantean ... is that at all "sea life")?

Who would be more skilled as a one-on-one combatant? Talking hand to hand, melee or range weapons?
    Namor is older and more experienced, having fought the Nazis when he was young. In addition, Namor has fought a much wider range of opponents than Arthur, including most heroes and many villains of the Marvel Universe. His HTH skills are fine for purposes of punching out sluggers like Hulk and Hercules, but he hasn't demonstrated any remarkable skill with weapons.

BANNED

Arthur's TP can't be used on Namor, can it (He is a fellow Half-Atlantean ... is that at all "sea life")?
    he did almost k.o. him in JLA/Avengers 4 but his human half saved him.(crossovers are considered non cannon but this was showed to have repercussions beyond that series which was explored later in trinity so it did take place in main DC universe).

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Sorry to say, it's still a crossover and thus not considered valid evidence.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Can Aquaman even use telepathy on his own people? I'm guessing no, or else he would have an easier time fighting Ocean Master.

Extraordinary Member

Namor sure fights Aquaman a lot.

Now that I think about it, Aquaman is a married blonde. So I guess that this is Namor's version of flirting with guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Can Aquaman even use telepathy on his own people? I'm guessing no, or else he would have an easier time fighting Ocean Master.
    Pre-Nu Aquaman could, not sure about current Arthur.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Indeed. Though the trident should definitely be able to pierce Namor. But Namor has a pretty good track record of continuing to fight when Wolverine punctures him, so it basically comes down to if Aquaman can hit a vital organ.
    Good luck figuring out where Namor's vitals are, since comic writers apparently don't think that taking six stab wounds straight across the center of his chest would hit any major organs.

Looks like he got him in the shoulder blade area, not main chest.