Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

So Harry and Liz got a "Big Time" moment to get back together. As in, a tense situation leads to a divorced couple hooking up again, like Jonah and Marla did. Hope that doesn't mean death in the future for Liz.

I really think Robbie, of all people, would have done more to get Peter's side of things and convey that in a story then just a one-sided negative piece, no matter how true those negatives were. I mean, "Peter Parker: Threat or Menace?" that's way too click-baitty for Robbie. Especially in the context of why he actually torpedoed the company even if he wasn't prepared for the actual fallout of it.

Though if Robbie really all did that so Peter would be ticked off enough to rush to the Bugle so he could lead Peter to get a job there...Jonah taught him well .

I wonder if Marvel's Spider-Man might use Peter being a science reporter to get him involved with the Bugle? Presuming they ever give him a life outside of Horizon High and being Spider-Man (or feature the Bugle in a significant role).

Things must be pretty terrible at Stark Industries if Mary Jane is really regressing that much back to her party girl persona around her friends. She never really calls him "Petey" anymore or talk like that.

And, really, to see Mary Jane act that way and to not know what Peter's going through (or to contribute to Peter feeling more miserable then he already does)...it just doesn't feel like MJ at all. Even if she's window-dressing in Ironheart's book, at least she acts like she grew out of college and sometimes displays the emotional intuition she's known for.

Why am I not surprised to pick up a Dan Slott Spider-Man comic and see Spidey not even beat the bad guy in the end? Some things never change. I mean, I get what Slott was doing with him just saving the truck, but I am so annoyed with this trend by this point.

Bobbi feels like such a rebound girlfriend. Compared to their other relationships I'm just not sure how complimentary or healthy either one is for the other at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Harry and Liz got a "Big Time" moment to get back together. As in, a tense situation leads to a divorced couple hooking up again, like Jonah and Marla did. Hope that doesn't mean death in the future for Liz.

I really think Robbie, of all people, would have done more to get Peter's side of things and convey that in a story then just a one-sided negative piece, no matter how true those negatives were. I mean, "Peter Parker: Threat or Menace?" that's way too click-baitty for Robbie. Especially in the context of why he actually torpedoed the company even if he wasn't prepared for the actual fallout of it.

Though if Robbie really all did that so Peter would be ticked off enough to rush to the Bugle so he could lead Peter to get a job there...Jonah taught him well .
    Isn't it fair though for Robbie to call out Peter on this. Dude built a world-wide company that had thousands of employees that lost their job on Peter's order to blow it up. And it's clear there was no back-up plan for them, and Peter is doing nothing to deal with that sort of mess.

Things must be pretty terrible at Stark Industries if Mary Jane is really regressing that much back to her party girl persona around her friends. She never calls him "Petey" anymore.

And, really, to see Mary Jane act that way and to not know what Peter's going through (or to contribute to Peter feeling more miserable then he already does)...it just doesn't feel like MJ at all. Even if she's window-dressing in Ironheart's book, at least she acts like she grew out of college and sometimes displays the emotional intuition she's known for.
    I mean everyone outside of Randy (I'm assuming that guy was Randy) did give sympathy for Peter. And all MJ said it would be weird to do anything for Peter cause it would seem like pity. From the outside view, I think it would be fair to think that willing ending your company means theres a back-up plan in place.

Why am I not surprised to pick up a Dan Slott Spider-Man comic and see Spidey not even beat the bad guy in the end? Some things never change. I mean, I get what Slott was doing with him just saving the truck, but I am so annoyed with this trend by this point.

Bobbi feels like such a rebound girlfriend. Compared to their other relationships I'm just not sure how complimentary or healthy either one is for the other at this point.
    Yeah I think it's gonna take Slott a while to get back to grounded Spider-Man stories.

I don't even know what to make of their relationship, it's like dating someone from work who gets fired 1 week later, so you awkwardly still date them not knowing whether or not its still a good idea.
    "What about wheatcakes next time?"-Peter
    "Wheatcakes are yucky."-Annie

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    Isn't it fair though for Robbie to call out Peter on this. Dude built a world-wide company that had thousands of employees that lost their job on Peter's order to blow it up. And it's clear there was no back-up plan for them, and Peter is doing nothing to deal with that sort of mess.
    I agreed Robbie had valid points, because he just summed up how much of an idiot Peter was with Parker Industries,I just think he would have also tried to portray or understand Peter's side or "the other side" as it were then it seems like he is in this issue or was in that article.

Unless it was deliberately meant to stir Peter up.

I mean everyone outside of Randy (I'm assuming that guy was Randy) did give sympathy for Peter. And all MJ said it would be weird to do anything for Peter cause it would seem like pity. From the outside view, I think it would be fair to think that willing ending your company means theres a back-up plan in place.
    I know, I just don't think that's something MJ would've said (she really doesn't talk like that anymore). It just came off, in-context, as more party girl ditziness on her part to what's going on with Peter. But that's just me.

I would also say I would have expected Mary Jane to be there for Peter more then we are seeing at this point, but I don't think that's going to happen as long as Slott is on this book or Mockingbird's the designated love interest.

Yeah I think it's gonna take Slott a while to get back to grounded Spider-Man stories.

I don't even know what to make of their relationship, it's like dating someone from work who gets fired 1 week later, so you awkwardly still date them not knowing whether or not its still a good idea.
    I love how all the teases for upcoming storylines involve team-ups. It's like we can't go one arc in ASM, or anything Spider-Man related, without a single team-up .

I liked the issue, but I'm thinking a a bit on the status quo, and it's an interesting dynamic, something we haven't quite seen before.

Peter's personal life is in the shitter, but he's with a woman who loves him for being Spider-Man, so he doesn't have the usual incentives to clean up his act in his private life.

This won't last forever, and it shouldn't, but it has short-term potential.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

This was such a garbage issue.
    It's really great to see that Marvel, would like to kick off Spider-Man's Legacy with him being a complete sad sack of S*** with everyone hating him.
    The fact is that I hated Vol 4 mainly because I knew it was going to end in the worst way possible for the character of Peter. And my predicitions were correct.
    The supporting cast was awfull as well. The fact is that being a friend is supporting said friend in a time where they are at their lowest, and this was in my opnion said time to act. However Slott does like to make everyone hate Peter.

Really, I honestly would doubt that either Robbie and or Mary Jane would say or do something like this to Peter. Peter was at one point like a son to Robbie, so I would guess that he would give Peter the benefit of the doubt and give him his side of the story (This seem very familiar with the New York Times and Pewdiepie).
    Mary Jane would have given her support for Peter the moment she knew of this however this Slott writing MJ and of course, she acts like complete a**hole to Peter.

And oh boy am I glad to see that YET another issue where Peter can't do anything on his own, ie beating an enemy/villain by himself.
    And me watching that scene, all I could think about is "Everything wrong with TASM2", particurally where the bypassers are WATCHING the fight happen and shouting profanities at Spider-Man because Slott really wants to hit home that Spider-Man and Peter Parker are hated, and all I could think about was "Run you idiots"!

This was a bad issue. Done by a bad writer. Grade : F.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I liked the issue, but I'm thinking a a bit on the status quo, and it's an interesting dynamic, something we haven't quite seen before.

Peter's personal life is in the shitter, but he's with a woman who loves him for being Spider-Man, so he doesn't have the usual incentives to clean up his act in his private life.

This won't last forever, and it shouldn't, but it has short-term potential.
    That sounds more like things with Felicia then it does Bobbi, since she's known him as Peter from the start.

Though she probably accentuates his desire to be Spider-Man more then Peter since she treats him better and more romantically as Spidey then she does Peter (I guess because of the adrenaline?).

Yet another Legacy book that misses the mark. This was not the return of the loveable loser and more of a pathetic loser. There is nothing to love here.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MRstarkiller360 View Post
    This was such a garbage issue.
    It's really great to see that Marvel, would like to kick off Spider-Man's Legacy with him being a complete sad sack of S*** with everyone hating him.
    The fact is that I hated Vol 4 mainly because I knew it was going to end in the worst way possible for the character of Peter. And my predicitions were correct.
    The supporting cast was awfull as well. The fact is that being a friend is supporting said friend in a time where they are at their lowest, and this was in my opnion said time to act. However Slott does like to make everyone hate Peter.

Really, I honestly would doubt that either Robbie and or Mary Jane would say or do something like this to Peter. Peter was at one point like a son to Robbie, so I would guess that he would give Peter the benefit of the doubt and give him his side of the story (This seem very familiar with the New York Times and Pewdiepie).
    Mary Jane would have given her support for Peter the moment she knew of this however this Slott writing MJ and of course, she acts like complete a**hole to Peter.

And oh boy am I glad to see that YET another issue where Peter can't do anything on his own, ie beating an enemy/villain by himself.
    And me watching that scene, all I could think about is "Everything wrong with TASM2", particurally where the bypassers are WATCHING the fight happen and shouting profanities at Spider-Man because Slott really wants to hit home that Spider-Man and Peter Parker are hated, and all I could think about was "Run you idiots"!

This was a bad issue. Done by a bad writer. Grade : F.
    Couldn't agree with you more. And it's sad that so many people LOVE this hot garbage and crave Pathetic Parker. Well, i can't sit through another few years of this pathetic trash anymore. I was going to wait it out until issue 800 but i am done. I've been collecting Spider-Man since 1993 and this pushed me to realized the usual status quo is no longer something i can stomach.

Mighty Member

I agreed Robbie had valid points, because he just summed up how much of an idiot Peter was with Parker Industries,I just think he would have also tried to portray or understand Peter's side or "the other side" as it were then it seems like he is in this issue or was in that article.

I know, I just don't think that's something MJ would've said (she really doesn't talk like that anymore). It just came off, in-context, as more party girl ditziness on her part to what's going on with Peter. But that's just me.

I would also say I would have expected Mary Jane to be there for Peter more then we are seeing at this point, but I don't think that's going to happen as long as Slott is on this book or Mockingbird's the designated love interest.

I love how all the teases for upcoming storylines involve team-ups. It's like we can't go one arc in ASM, or anything Spider-Man related, without a single team-up .
    What about the Torch. There is sure to be a team up after the initial confrontation.

Mighty Member

I guess MJ is on loan from Iron Man.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Actually really enjoyed this issue. Will have to catch up with Slott's run.

Mighty Member

That sounds more like things with Felicia then it does Bobbi, since she's known him as Peter from the start.

Though she probably accentuates his desire to be Spider-Man more then Peter since she treats him better and more romantically as Spidey then she does Peter (I guess because of the adrenaline?).
    A mild version of Black Cat. All Peter needs is a love interest who wants Peter. Since MJ is going back to Iron Man, Slott may bring back Carlie.

BANNED

surprised about Robbie's stand with Jonah and peter. he is shown to become increasingly like Jonah to the point that Betty disobeys him to team up with Jonah. Peter being depressed about the whole fiasco since clone conspiracy started is understandable. It would have been interesting if ben had a cameo considering it was his actions that triggered of all to see his reaction to Peter's 'fall' having always to pull himself up by his socks after sinking down. he could have given him some pointers.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I can actually believe that a large portion of the general public would be divided on what Peter did. I can see a large portion irrationally hating on him, but his friends not understanding and other heroes? That just feels more like a kick the dog moment. Personally, I think its kind of realistic to be kind of mopey but not to the degree portrayed.

I'll say this, I think Bobbi's treatment is more like "tough love" to get him out of his slump. Also I can understand Peter putting more emphasis on Spider-Man when his life's gone like this. I'd probably want to ignore life's problems for a while too.

Overall, I think the issue could have been done a lot better. The whole premise really. Maybe have Peter take a vacation or something for a while. Not sure. Anyway its just going to be hard getting past these early issues....

Reading this thread, it's like no matter what Slott does, some people are just going to complain and complain. "Doing something good and getting dumped on" is classic Spider-Man story. But no, it makes Peter look pathetic. So you guys must love PI. Wait, you don't? Ok, enough ranting on my part.

I thought the issue was pretty damm good. As I said, it's classic Spider-Man story. The end was amazing. The only thing I didn't like was Robbie Robertson. Seriously, why are you only pointing out the mistakes? You think Peter should've let Dock Ock win? You think you could've done better in that situation?