Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

My Justice League line-up. These are traditional characters unless noted.

Brainiac.
    Intelligence based. The idea would be to bring back content from a story by Marv Wolfman where Brainiac was actually on the lawful/order side of things until a situation arose where the chaos version of Brainiac was needed and Superman enabled this transformation back away from lawful/order to chaos. Always thought that was a brilliant Superman story that fit even better than the Batman is responsible for Joker themes. I'm not sure of the details yet but that story would be explored and Brainiac reverted back to lawful/order but there would be mystery surrounding him and distrust from some of his other members. Is that other self gone or lurking within Brainiac self-conscious. It could end up either way with him remaining on the side of lawful/order or to chaos. Unknown.

Power Girl.
    Filling the Superman archetype. It's a potential that she's the one who restored Brainiac back and there's a interpersonal subtext between Power Girl and Brainiac substituting as it would be for Superman. I'd want to see Power Girl not in a typical over masculine portrayal where she always has a mean face and at every turn the narration tries to tell you how strong and tough she is, but instead a balance of feminine/masculine. And i'd like to see brought back a wide variety of tools for the Super character like how it used to be where Supergirl or Superman would use their super intelligence to do something, not just the brute muscle of the team. All-around Super. An uncertain obstacle at the moment in how not to make her too powerful if that were the case. Would probably have to do some cliche thing like she hasn't learned her powers yet. Cliche but it usually works unless can come up with a better idea.

John Constantine with Etrigan
    Filling a supernatural + witty banter + Detective role. Something along the lines of Etrigan was helping Constantine search for something in Hell but things went bad and it's revealed that Constantine is betraying one of the big bad demons who catches him and after Constantine unsuccessfully talks his way out of it, the big bad demon curses Constantine with being responsible for Jason Blood's life to where only Constantine can sooth the Etrigan demon for Jason Blood. The big bad demon's revenge. This would cause various comedic situations involving the two of them and a love/hate kind of relationship journey.

Max Mercury and Jesse Quick.
    Taking up the typical Flash speedster role. Max will be mentoring Jesse who will fill the archetype teenage role. Some inspiration for the character from the motion picture series. Coming of age type journey.

John Stewart.
    Filling the Green Lantern. Even though there isn't a spoken leader he would sort of be the unspoken leader. Strong/silent. Unwavering in his conviction and extremely formidable with the Lantern ring. He will quickly gain the reverence of the others when they first come together and light the way as their beacon of hope even at the worst of times.
    Last edited by SXVA; 10-14-2017 at 12:24 AM.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

VOTE

Wonder Woman
    Mera
    Zatanna
    Firestorm
    Blue Beetle (Ted)
    Booster Gold
    Martian Manhunter
    Nightwing
    Jessie Quick
    Hawkman

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    You should specify which Green Lantern, Flash, Atom and Dr Fate you're talking about lol. I think that'll make it easier for the OP.
    I don't really care which one it is but I chose identities in my voting post.

VOTE

1. Superman
    2. Wonder Woman
    3. Flash (Barry)
    4. Green Lantern (Hal)
    5. Aquaman
    6. Martian Manhunter
    7. Green Arrow (Oliver)
    8. Black Canary (Dinah Lance)
    9. Hawkman (Katar Hol)
    10. Hawkwoman (Shayera Hol)
    11. Atom (Ray Palmer)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I don't really care which one it is but I chose identities in my voting post.
    Then I don't think it's a valid vote and it will be ignored when counting.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Then I don't think it's a valid vote and it will be ignored when counting.
    Why, I said I did post which identities I chose?

BANNED

Why, I said I did post which identities I chose?
    Because we're voting for characters, not identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Because we're voting for characters, not identities.
    Then why did El_Gato tell me to specify which identities for some of the heroes?

BANNED

Then why did El_Gato tell me to specify which identities for some of the heroes?
    Identities means Hal Jordan, Tim Drake, Wally West, not Green Lantern, Robin, Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Identities means Hal Jordan, Tim Drake, Wally West, not Green Lantern, Robin, Flash.
    Yes and I said I went back to my original post and chose which identities for each hero.

As there appears to be some confusion... I'll repost this from the OP:

When voting for characters that have similar names with other characters, please specify which one you're voting for. It will make tallying a lot easier. If you don't specify, I will have to make the most logical guess.
    This means that you can vote in any of the following ways:

Green Lantern (Jessica Cruz)
    Jessica Cruz
    Green Lantern

But if you don't specify, such as in the first one, then my logic will come into play.
    I'll assume that the second one 'Jessica Cruz' means Green Lantern (Jessica Cruz) and the third one means Green Lantern (Hal Jordan).

My logic may assume the most iconic version or the the more popular version, or the most current one. Whichever would make sense.
    Such as the vote for Steel that one person posted. That will be going to the John Henry Irons version because I'm sure they didn't mean the Hank Heywood version.

"Steel" votes, unless specified, will be going to John Henry.
    "Flash" votes, unless specified, will be going to Barry.
    "Green Lantern" votes, unless specified, will be going to Hal.
    "Power Girl" votes, unless specified, will be going to Karen.
    etc.

In the case where someone is voting for Identities without super-hero names, I'll be using pretty much the same logic.
    Michael Jon Carter will be considered to be Booster Gold, Ted Kord will be considered to be Blue Beetle, Bart Allen will be considered to be Impulse.

And no votes will be ignored. I'll just apply logic and put the votes where I assume they belong.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 10-14-2017 at 12:10 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Voting ends in less than 24 hours...
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

VOTE

Wonder Woman
    Superman
    Vixen
    Flash (Barry)
    Green Lantern (John)
    Green Lantern (Jessica)
    Aquaman
    Zatanna
    Mister Miracle
    Big Barda

VOTE

1. Superman (Kal)
    2. Wonder Woman (Diana)
    3. Green Lantern (Hal)
    4. Flash (Barry)
    5. Green Arrow (Oliver)
    6. Black Canary (Dinah)
    7. Black Lightning (Jefferson)
    8. Skyrocket (Celia)
    9. Hawkman (Katar)
    10. Atom (Ray)
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

VOTE

1.Wonder Woman
    2.Superman
    3.Zatanna
    4.Vixen
    5.Black Lightning
    6.Bloodwynd
    7.Martian Manhunter
    8.Aqualad (Jackson Hyde)
    10.Green Lantern (Jessica Cruz)
    Hawkgirl (Kendra)