View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Atomahawk #0 [series premiere]

1 11.11%
  • Birthright #27

0 0%
  • Black Science #32

1 11.11%
  • The Dying and the Dead #6

2 22.22%
  • Eternal Empire #5

0 0%
  • Family Trade #1 [series premiere]

0 0%
  • God Complex #1 [series premiere]

0 0%
  • Kingsman: The Red Diamond #2 (of 6)

1 11.11%
  • Redlands #3

0 0%
  • Retcon #2 (of 4)

1 11.11%
  • Royal City #6

3 33.33%
  • Scales & Scoundrels #2

0 0%
  • The Wicked + The Divine #32

0 0%
  • Youngblood #6

0 0%
  • Other - The Divided States of Hysteria #5 or Sacred Creatures #4

0 0%

Default Image Comics poll week 41 - three new series, one week!

It's the poll people! Vote & let's chat comics?

Last time around
    didn't garner many votes or discussion sadly, but let's see how it shakes out this time. The Walking Dead won pretty convincingly though, taking the series' third win of the year.

This week Eternal Empire wraps up its first storyline, as does Youngblood, whilst Royal City begins a new one, Luther Strode gets a deluxe hardcover reprint... and that's it?!

Nope! Three new series are beginning this week:
    1.) Immediate contender for coolest title Atomahawk will soon be resuming over at Image. To get started they're reprinting all the old material from Heavy Metal into a single oversized zero issue. Grant Morrison calls it "A screaming black hole feedback squall of death metal Kirby-kozmik energy spinning straight towards your prefrontal cortex" and I really don't think I can top that.

2.) Second up is Justin Jordan's (Luther Strode, Spread) new series The Family Trade, about spies, steampunk, alchemy and assassin's on a remote isolated island where the world developed quite differently than it did elsewhere.

3.) Lastly, Paul Jenkins is penning a new series called God Complex, and I'm just gonna copy the solicit text here because talking about mythological gods from the future is quite hard: "In the futuristic city of Delphi, a young digital-forensics investigator named Seneca finds himself embroiled in the bizarre murders of three church acolytes. Guided by his cryptic mentor, the Ruler named Hermes, Seneca uncovers a stunning conspiracy and a mystery that will turn his entire world upside down."
    With art from Hendry Praseyta (Power Rangers).

292225.jpg 292223.jpg 292226.jpg

Reeeally close call for me between God Complex #1 and Retcon #2. But I gave it to Retcon for not dropping the ball set by the first issue.

Royal City was awesome. Black Science good as well but I feel the story needs to be wrapped up.

The Dying and the Dead and Divided States of Hysteria for me this week. Really liked both issues (the stories are progressing) even if I'm not absolutely enthusiastic. Gave my vote to the first one.

For the curious, Atomahawk is really pretty good. Stylish and cartoony mix of typical barbarian visual elements mixed with that cute retro science-fiction look. Everything is rather vibrant, rockets with skulls on 'em that look more cheery than menacing. I'd say this could be a good fit for readers of Head Lopper! Plus it has a good pun for chapter 1 ("Heavy Mettle").