Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Injustice 2 Comic Mega-Thread - SPOILERS & Discussion

Today, Injustice 2 comic (written by Tom Taylor), got released, and I am creating this threah in which we will be able to discuss about the events and plot points developed in the Injustice world every week. Hope you post a lot here

Injustice 2 #1

-The issue begins with a face-off between Batman and an incarcelated Superman, after the events of the first game. Superman express regret over all the suffering and deaths caused by the Regime/Insurgent war, but making clear that he saw no wrong in his intentions, in what he wanted to achieve for the planet.
    -As the discussion kept growing, Clark ironically congratulates Bruce for defeating him. With him out of the picture, Bruce will be the one seeking ultimate control over the planet, which is something he, deep inside, realizes as a possibility.
    -Clark also delivers some Cold Blows to Bruce, attacking him emotionally, over his failures, and loss.

-We move on to Batman reuniting with Harley, which try to cheer him out saying that he shouldnt take Superman seriously as he clearly snapped, with no success. He realized that all of what Clark said to him is true.
    We also get to him a very nice and funny scene as Harley leaves the scene, which made me geniunely smile.

-Next we get to see Harley sitting down making a call, to someone special to her.. I will not spoil this scene, as it is quite touching. Taylor made a great job referecing the personal moments that happened in the 1st and 2nd years, which I am sure you will recognize, and smile upon it
    -Suddenly, Waller breaks-in ! The Government is after Harlet for all her crimes she commited in the past. After trying to run away, being unsuccessful because of deadshot intervention, we see Waller doing what she does best.. welcoming Harley to the Suicide Squad ! Some familiar faces are shown in the final pages.

And, that´s all.
    What do you think?
    I believe the issue was good, with the Bruce and Clark scene being the highlight. It was very nice seeing Harley being handled by Taylor, she was genuiney funny, and took some smiles from me
    The Squad seems really interesting, and I look forward to see Waller´s endgame with them.

A very decent opening, and I know Taylor will not let us down

It was great seeing Superman calling out Batman on his BS. "Ouch" lol.

Pleasantly surprised to see one of my favorite obscure villains on that Suicide Squad roster. Even better seeing no Firestorm villains. They usually are used as fodder outside of his books.

Hoping KF stays imprisoned long enough to make it to I3...

Is no one else surprised that with a world that was ruled by Superman that Amanda Waller managed to not get herself killed or even managed to put together the Suicide Squad as fast as she did?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Amanda was definitely in hiding and was probably planning something.

This was a really good issue and I think Batman didn't help Superman as much as he needed. Superman needed his bro.

Harley is still getting some good development which doesn't bother me but time for some other characters for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Is no one else surprised that with a world that was ruled by Superman that Amanda Waller managed to not get herself killed or even managed to put together the Suicide Squad as fast as she did?
    I think Amanda went into hiding and/or kept a low profile during Superman reign, to avoid getting incarcelated (or executed).
    She was definetely planning something all those years, and when Superman fell, she took the opportunity and set her plans into motion.

Also, unexpectely, I kind of agree with what Superman said to Bruce. All the fighting and bloodshed couldve been avoided if Bruce had supported him, instead of turning his back against him.
    I know Superman did a lot of despicable crap, but I heartfully believe that Batman was the one who made him snap after all the struggles and treachery during the war.
    (This doesnt excuse Clark from killing Alfred and Billy tho.. that was way to messed up..)

Injustice 2 #2 preview

IMG_20170417_234523.jpg

Looks awesome! I guess now we officially know how Green Arrow and Black Canary came back!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Injustice 2 #2 preview

IMG_20170417_234523.jpg
    love this....

Bruno Redondo's art is killer. I'm so glad him and Mike S. Miller are back for I2.

2nd issue was really good. The art is just perfect for Injustice. I didn't see that cliffhanger happening an dhow quick the pace of it was. But now we see how Ollie and Dinah return.

I liked this weeks issue, it was a really nice Damian issue that really showed what he was like before everything went down in the first year. Its kind of surprising that his best appearance this week was in an Injustice book.

I'm also interested if Neatherrealms and DC have any plans for Connor in the future of this franchise, I mean he's only a kid right now but who's to say he won't move to hero sidekick status or perhaps game original character for a sequel(I mean the new game is doing well and people like the comics so whose to say what might happen in the future)
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

You know I was reading the newest digital issue out today when a thought occurred to me that I wanted to ask about in case I missed something. Why is it that Black Adam is still aligned with Superman post injustice:gods among us?

I mean in the second game I would say he's a prominent member of Superman's Regime and from the comics it appears he was that way before the events of Injustice 2, but I can't seem to recall why he would stay loyal when compared to other supervillains who served under Superman. Did I miss something in the original prequel comic or in the new one or was it just decided that Adam would be the one villain to stay on his side. Anyone know?
    Words to live by.