Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Thanos VS Infinity Gem justice league

Post Crisis JLA

Scenario 1: The league has had 1 year to adapt to using the gems. Thanos appears in DC universe and goes on Thanks quest to get the gems.

Scenario 2: Thanos VS all of them in a fight. No prep or practice.

Flash with Time gem
    Superman with Power gem
    MM with Mind Gem
    WW with Soul Gem
    Aquaman with Reality Gem
    Green Lantern with Space Gem

If Aquaman can manage to use the reality gem in an even remotely stable fashion, he ends this himself in either fight.

In fight 2, Thanos has basically acknowledged the soul rip would work on him. Wonder Woman is faster and has the soul gem, sooo..

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    If Aquaman can manage to use the reality gem in an even remotely stable fashion, he ends this himself in either fight.

In fight 2, Thanos has basically acknowledged the soul rip would work on him. Wonder Woman is faster and has the soul gem, sooo..
    Not the first time Thanos has had his every essence taken by a woman.

*glances at Death*

... what was once a woman ?

I have no idea.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I'd think Aquaman would be decent with the gem. Atlantis is one of the more magical places in DC and he's been attuned to a lot of pretty intense, powerful effects and artifacts.

Couldn’t Flash just dump Thanos into the Big Bang?

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I honestly doubt that Aquaman could do anything with the Reality Gem. IIRC, it's by far the hardest Infinity Gem to use without the rest of the gems to help, and ISTR that Thanos himself needed to build an absolutely gigantic machine to interface with it when he used it, and Thanos it's a few orders of magnitude beyond Aquaman when it comes to... well, anything, probably.

There have been people that have held the gems for a lot longer than a year who still never managed to really get used to using them.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    There have been people that have held the gems for a lot longer than a year who still never managed to really get used to using them.
    But a year to Flash is like a few millenia to everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    But a year to Flash is like a few millenia to everyone else.
    The Runner previous held one of the gems and never quite figured it out and he's one of the few beings who could legitimately blitz the Flash like it was nothing.

The Runner previous held one of the gems and never quite figured it out and he's one of the few beings who could legitimately blitz the Flash like it was nothing.
    To be fair, that mostly came across as the Runner not being the swiftest bunny in the brier patch, mentally speaking. He couldn't seem to grasp the concept of teleporting.

... Come to think of it, is there anything preventing one of the League's speedsters from bringing the gems together and going full gauntlet? Is the gauntlet itself an important part of that equation? I've never seen it brought up. It feels like it would go against the spirit of the thread though.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Is the gauntlet itself an important part of that equation? I've never seen it brought up. It feels like it would go against the spirit of the thread though.
    If you're asking about the glove part of it ... it's nothing. It's literally just one of Thanos's normal gloves that he stuck the gems on and gave a fancy name to. Everytime somebody makes a big about the Infinity Gauntlet, they're talking about the Infinity gems stuck a piece of Thanos's old laundry.

If you're asking about the glove part of it ... it's nothing. It's literally just one of Thanos's normal gloves that he stuck the gems on and gave a fancy name to. Everytime somebody makes a big about the Infinity Gauntlet, they're talking about the Infinity gems stuck a piece of Thanos's old laundry.
    Yeah, that's what I meant. The more you know.

In hindsight, Thanos realizes that he should have attached to Infinity Gems to his underwear.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    In hindsight, Thanos realizes that he should have attached to Infinity Gems to his underwear.
    The Infinity Skids?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

All of these heroes hang out together, is the problem. It's won't be like his quest in Marvel, where he can systematically go after one gem at a time. PiS off, as soon they notice him, he's going to be fighting the League. He loses than fight and I don't like his odds of sneaking around them all either.

How much knowledge does the League get about the gems? Do they know what they really are, or will some of them underestimate their gifts?