Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Morning View Post
    All of these heroes hang out together, is the problem. It's won't be like his quest in Marvel, where he can systematically go after one gem at a time. PiS off, as soon they notice him, he's going to be fighting the League. He loses than fight and I don't like his odds of sneaking around them all either.

How much knowledge does the League get about the gems? Do they know what they really are, or will some of them underestimate their gifts?
    Scenario one: Thanos has consistently been portrayed as a genius. He is going to take note that the JLA is a team, and also that several of the team members have a home city where they fight crime solo. He is going to arrange for distractions and then try to pick off the Gems one by one. If his throne is considered standard equipment, Thanos will probably go after the Gems in the order listed in scenario two. Once he has the Time Gem, it should be relatively easy to pick off the other Gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    In hindsight, Thanos realizes that he should have attached to Infinity Gems to his underwear.
    I'm kinda partial to the Infinity Dirty Sock myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I'm kinda partial to the Infinity Dirty Sock myself.
    Folks controlled by the Mind Gem would be known as Dirty Sock Puppets.

The thing of scenario 2 is that Wonder Woman barely needs to do anything really. The Soul gem wants to eat souls. Unlike the other gems it is functionally sentient, can take people over, and hungers for souls. She can just let the thing take her over and soulrip Thanos at speed. Yes, everyone else in the League not the Flash are now also dead, but it's a fight, and a win is win.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    The thing of scenario 2 is that Wonder Woman barely needs to do anything really. The Soul gem wants to eat souls. Unlike the other gems it is functionally sentient, can take people over, and hungers for souls. She can just let the thing take her over and soulrip Thanos at speed. Yes, everyone else in the League not the Flash are now also dead, but it's a fight, and a win is win.
    I mean it'd eventually kill the Flash anyway. Unless he can functionally outrun his own...

Oh wait.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

It's the post crisis JLA, Wally could just IMP and otherwise blitz out Soul Gem Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Scenario one: Thanos has consistently been portrayed as a genius. He is going to take note that the JLA is a team, and also that several of the team members have a home city where they fight crime solo. He is going to arrange for distractions and then try to pick off the Gems one by one. If his throne is considered standard equipment, Thanos will probably go after the Gems in the order listed in scenario two. Once he has the Time Gem, it should be relatively easy to pick off the other Gems.
    So assuming he tries to "Tower of Babel" everyone and go after GL... GL is perhaps the most likely to have a high degree of understanding and competency with his gem, given that he can have his ring analyze it and has experience wielding esoterically powerful alien artifacts. If Thanos fails to catch him way off-guard and take him down nigh-instantly, he ruins the whole plan.

I'm not saying it's impossible or anything, but everything has to go perfectly for Thanos, while the League can afford a few Ls and still regroup for a win.

EDIT: Oh, i thought Flash had Space and GL... nvm. Still, Flash should have plenty of time travel skill and is the hardest to surprise. If whatever Thanos' plan is to sneak out a win from a guy with the best reflexes and access to both future and past before he goes and gets his friends doesn't work for a tiny fraction of a recognizable instant, he still fails.
    Last edited by Morning; 10-12-2017 at 07:37 PM.

It is amusing to imagine Thanos using the Time gem to accidentally age Superman into Superman 1M, though.