BANNED

Default Marvel teases a major development in thor 700 spoiler

Marvel Teases spoilers:
    Loki
    end of spoilers Wielding The Infinity Gauntlet in Thor 700.
    [ https://t.co/XP1gxjVTH5
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 10-14-2017 at 05:06 AM.

I know the Infinity Gems are coming back in a big way. Maybe Loki is interested himself?

(Cough)Synergy(Cough) .

*cough* Marvel Legacy #1 *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    *cough* Marvel Legacy #1 *cough*
    Also, Guardians of the Galaxy, he is after the Soul Stone in... 10? and the preview for next issue has Strange talking to Gamora about the Soul Stone, while a bird, could be a raven or a magpie, but either way probably actually Loki, watches. But I had kind of assumed he had sort of given up on that after losing the Mind Stone in Legacy, opting instead to use the buried Celestial for whatever it is he is doing.
    Last edited by Raye; 10-14-2017 at 09:06 AM.

Legacy is the important one to this discussion considering it was written by Mighty Thor writer Jason Aaron. The Guardians thing just seems to be connected to the Baby Groot storyline.

I think the Baby Groot thing is just a side effect and part of what tipped them off. if Loki has the Infinty Gantlet here, and there are Celestials right below him, then they must tie together. You can't get an Infinity Gauntlet without getting the Soul Stone.

Astonishing Member

I was figuring that they'd reinstate Odinson as Thor but transform into a female. That'd be funny.

Astonishing Member

So tired of the Infinity gems turning up

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    I was figuring that they'd reinstate Odinson as Thor but transform into a female. That'd be funny.
    Ha. Well it does have mythological precedence. Thor dressing as a woman goes back to the primary sources. But somehow I don't think we will see it in Marvel, even if it could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    at this point, I wouldn't be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    same. they are boring af.

one good thing about #700 is that Jane is getting beat up by She-Hulk.

BANNED

From now until Infinity War I expect we'll have the looming threat of the Infinity Gauntlet. Infinity Stones are mentioned across various titles right now, and I expect the conclusion to that arc will roughly collude with the film release.

Its kinda cool seeing Loki become a pivotal character again, not just in Thor, but across multiple books. I hate to imagine what he could do with one or more Infinity gems/stones. Also, just as a random thought, have the Norn Stones ever been seen again since Loki had them last?

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    It's sort of expected, given the Infinity War movie is coming down the pike.

Also, I don't think the gems have been used THAT much. We're just teasing them here and there an building up to some sort of big story down the line. The last time I think they were REALLY used in any siginificant way was in Secret Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    From now until Infinity War I expect we'll have the looming threat of the Infinity Gauntlet. Infinity Stones are mentioned across various titles right now, and I expect the conclusion to that arc will roughly collude with the film release.

Its kinda cool seeing Loki become a pivotal character again, not just in Thor, but across multiple books. I hate to imagine what he could do with one or more Infinity gems/stones. Also, just as a random thought, have the Norn Stones ever been seen again since Loki had them last?
    Loki isn't exactly a stranger to using the gems. He had a bit of experience with them in the Ultraverse (though I'm not sure if all of that is still canon).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Loki isn't exactly a stranger to using the gems. He had a bit of experience with them in the Ultraverse (though I'm not sure if all of that is still canon).
    I have no idea what the Ultraverse is so this is entirely foreign to me