Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    That's the same problem with Scemma. Even worse actually. They wanted Scott's character to change/evolve and so they killed Jean and gave him an edgy girlfriend.
    When people suggest to do the same with Jean everybody is: "OMG, no. She will be a prize"

I really don't understand how Jean would ever be a prize, since there isn't competition for Jean. Now you could say the stories would be about him, that is the risk.

outside of Logan I really don't see any men on x-men availiable to Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I'm sorry, but most opponents of Scott love to point at Scemma's inception as evidence of how horrible Scott is without looking at the context or anything else asserted during that run; but I'm sure you've never brought up Scott cheating on Jean during this run, especially not to argue why they shouldn't be together, right?
    My impression that Scott held Jean back ha snothing to do with morrison run;

I can't ignore Scott cheating on Jean on Morrison run, that really defined the next decade for both characters. Unfortunaly for Jean it meant she would be dead because she was boring or whatever

the problem with scott is that writers made him their mary sue. Someone can really buy that all girls were chasing him? of course not, guy is boring like bricks. So make all women drool on him and give him some hot chick.
    If all girls were really chasing over him and he choose Emma, he really deserve all the bad things happened to him since

There isn't anything about Logan that inherently makes him better suited to go on such a journey with Jean when compared to anyone, let alone Scott. Logan gives nothing to Jean that she didn't already have or could have on her own; in fact, in most relationships, including Scott's, she gives more to their character than they give to her. She's just been poorly handled, and meanwhile a few of us are arguing that she should be allowed to be alone and y'all insist it would be good for her to be with Logan. Good for him, I suppose.
    alone for who or for what? so Scott come back and she can return to him? I really don't see why she need so much time alone.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-15-2017 at 02:57 PM.

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    When people suggest to do the same with Jean everybody is: "OMG, no. She will be a prize"

I really don't understand how Jean would ever be a prize, since there isn't competition for Jean. Now you could say the stories would be about him, that is the risk.

outside of Logan I really don't see any men on x-men availiable to Jean.

My impression that Scott held Jean back ha snothing to do with morrison run;

I can't ignore Scott cheating on Jean on Morrison run, that really defined the next decade for both characters. Unfortunaly for Jean it meant she would be dead because she was boring or whatever

the problem with scott is that writers made him their mary sue. Someone can really buy that all girls were chasing him? of course not, guy is boring like bricks. So make all women drool on him and give him some hot chick.
    If all girls were really chasing over him and he choose Emma, he really deserve all the bad things happened to him since

alone for who or for what? so Scott come back and she can return to him? I really don't see why she need so much time alone.
    I don't see why Jean has to date someone on the X-Men. She can take the Northstar approach and marry a human who loves her no matter what.

BANNED

I really don't see why she need so much time alone.
    Can't you see they are concerned that Jean Grey might just be used to further some guy's story? Like...what if she gets into a relationship and the stories start being about how she is failing him as a girlfriend? What if she is killed off to give the other person in this relationship a motive to cry and move forward into a different life direction?
    That would be awful and they just have no interest in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian_Soul View Post
    I don't see why Jean has to date someone on the X-Men. She can take the Northstar approach and marry a human who loves her no matter what.
    For the human be killed 6 months later? no way

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Can't you see they are concerned that Jean Grey might just be used to further some guy's story? Like...what if she gets into a relationship and the stories start being about how she is failing him as a girlfriend? What if she is killed off to give the other person in this relationship a motive to cry and move forward into a different life direction?
    That would be awful and they just have no interest in that.
    Well it all happened before. They aren't bringing her back so they can repeat the same mistakes that gor her killed a decade ago.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-15-2017 at 03:19 PM.

BANNED

For the human be killed 6 months later? no way

Well it all happened before. They aren't bringing her back so they can repeat the same mistakes that gor her killed a decade ago.
    I know it happened before. I was trying to lampoon the idea that Jean moving on would damage the character lol.

And I'm right there with you hoping they aren't planning to lock her in the same kind of story. They should definitely emphasize the other non-romantic type of relationships, but that doesn't mean she can't have it all.

Personally, I want to see her form connections to many of the young mutants out there and also get some more sister stuff on panel with Ro.

It seems no one understands that we don't want Jott back. I don't. And we can't change how the relationship ended but we can ask for a logical continuation. Certain people keep ignoring when I say this, and seem to think that I'm stealth-trying to keep the Jott flame alive.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I swear, it feels like some of you have just watched the movies and then talk about them like they were comics canon LOL. Wolverine never "won" Jean. She always chose Scott. If anything Logan was the one who looked stupid after pining for her to the point of keeping a strand of hair after her death lmao.
    heck
    there wasn't even a romance between Logan and Jean in the movies
    I really don't get the big deal
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Ultimate Member

There isn't anything about Logan that inherently makes him better suited to go on such a journey with Jean when compared to anyone, let alone Scott. Logan gives nothing to Jean that she didn't already have or could have on her own; in fact, in most relationships, including Scott's, she gives more to their character than they give to her. She's just been poorly handled, and meanwhile a few of us are arguing that she should be allowed to be alone and y'all insist it would be good for her to be with Logan. Good for him, I suppose.
    Partially because none of you that want her to be alone have a timetable for that, it's just until you feel that she's been alone long enough, and as for her coming to terms with what's happened to Scott, if as expected she saw what happened from the WHR then she's already come to terms with it and doesn't need to take time after she's back to do that, Scott would try to restrict or keep her from just doing whatever she felt like or going wherever she wanted to go, Logan wouldn't put any restraints or try to tell her no about anything, and if something did go wrong Logan could handle it better than Scott...and she's been alone you could say since she died since she's not just been dead the whole time...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Partially because none of you that want her to be alone have a timetable for that, it's just until you feel that she's been alone long enough, and as for her coming to terms with what's happened to Scott, if as expected she saw what happened from the WHR then she's already come to terms with it and doesn't need to take time after she's back to do that, Scott would try to restrict or keep her from just doing whatever she felt like or going wherever she wanted to go, Logan wouldn't put any restraints or try to tell her no about anything, and if something did go wrong Logan could handle it better than Scott...and she's been alone you could say since she died since she's not just been dead the whole time...
    I'll have to find the scans, but Marvel has confirmed that Scott handles (crappy word choice) the relationship with Jean better; Wolverine had a shot in a "What if?" and the universe was destroyed.

And Marvel is inconsistent about the Phoenix and the WHR, we're all just guessing.

Besides, why should there be a timetable? I simply don't want immediate Jean/Logan.

I'll have to find the scans, but Marvel has confirmed that Scott handles (crappy word choice) the relationship with Jean better; Wolverine had a shot in a "What if?" and the universe was destroyed.

And Marvel is inconsistent about the Phoenix and the WHR, we're all just guessing.
    Wolverine and Jean just had a daughter on the renew your vows timeline. So Wolverine can really handle Jean very well.

If Rosenberg said that he will respect Morrison run ald the stuff, WHR has to be consistent

Wolverine and Jean just had a daughter on the renew your vows timeline. So Wolverine can really handle Jean very well.

If Rosenberg said that he will respect Morrison run ald the stuff, WHR has to be consistent
    Yeah, and Scott is treated like crap in that universe (except even in that universe he's right); why shouldn't Scott have been allowed to move on there? Make Jean/Logan without crapping on Scott, why is that so much to ask for y'all?

Yeah, and Scott is treated like crap in that universe (except even in that universe he's right); why shouldn't Scott have been allowed to move on there? Make Jean/Logan without crapping on Scott, why is that so much to ask for y'all?
    Cyclops right? it is a joke?

Of course Logan/Jean can be made without shitting on Scott, of course he deserve some of it

Besides, why should there be a timetable? I simply don't want immediate Jean/Logan.
    Because you never know when they decide to bring Cyke back and screw over Jean. The decision of bringing back Jean was recent

I mean that Cyclops is Right in that universe because Xavier decreeing that mutants will police themselves is all kinds of morally corrupt. Imagine if any class or race of people tried that in the real world? I don't think so. And how would that ever lead to the dream becoming reality?

Plus, in this world Scott presumably never cheated, so yes, it's messed up for Jean to run to Logan immediately after her and Scott fall apart. Even worse that they didn't write Scott as absent or with someone, or just happy that they're happy. No, he had to be a sad-sack.
    Last edited by Hizashi; 10-15-2017 at 05:20 PM.

I mean that Cyclops is Right in that universe because Xavier decreeing that mutants will police themselves is all kinds of morally corrupt. Imagine if any class or race of people tried that in the real world? I don't think so. And how would that ever lead to the dream becoming reality?
    the mutants are the best to police theirselves, doesn't mean they should be the only ones.

Plus, in this world Scott presumably never cheated, so yes, it's messed up for Jean to run to Logan immediately after her and Scott fall apart. Even worse that they didn't write Scott as absent or with someone, or just happy that they're happy. No, he had to be a sad-sack.
    What a miracle Scott not jumping with someone, almost make me feel bad for him. This cyclops is def better than the 616