Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Who says that either would cheat, and it'd probably last a good long while, or until Marvel either got tired of it or they wanted Scott and Jean back together...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Who says that either would cheat, and it'd probably last a good long while, or until Marvel either got tired of it or they wanted Scott and Jean back together...
    Depending on your point of view, Jean has cheated on Scott at least once, and certain people have said once a cheater always a cheater; besides, Logan in certain scenarios was knowingly after someone else's gal, not model behavior.

I'd say it's as likely as anything, just like you say Jean and Logan could last as long as Marvel wants. Neither one of us is really giving an answer.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

There was barely ever a Jean-Scott-Logan love triangle in the comics. I do not say non, but barely.

Out was explored in the movies big time. But not in the comics.

Not like for example theRogue-Joseph-Gambit one where there was really rivalery between the guys.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    The universe where Jean left Scott because Scott believed in her? That universe? Yeah, that Jean deserved Wolverine. And Jean was written the worst of all three of them. She appeared twice and didn't even use her powers once. Good for her, isn't it?
    She isn't dead and being used as prop to Cyclops, Good for her right?

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I haven't done either of those things, you wanna give me the benefit of the doubt? Also, Scott's done plenty wrong, and I don't shy away from that. And how could Scott ever personify toxic masculinity? That one's an honest question, I don't see it.
    One person on the fandom doesn't change my idea about the crowd. I went to 4chan and the way the guys are obsessed over Cyclops isn't health;
    Scott went from a boy scout to a alpha character calling shots and being all edgy. He was married to a lovely wife, then he cheated on her with a woman that looks like a dominatrix, Then his wife died and het got the dominatrix as hot girlfriend; Totally a toxic masculine narrative

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    while being dead or used to prop other character is bad, being there only to faint and have logan's kids isnt exactly good either

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    while being dead or used to prop other character is bad, being there only to faint and have logan's kids isnt exactly good either
    It's only two issues. I don't know why people care, at least she is alive and happy

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Moai View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by "it's never his fault". Most Scott-fans I know are honest about his flaws and only object when he's vilified in an overly simplistic, black-and-white manner.

And I don't see how he could be considered an example of toxic masculinity. He's messed-up because he's an adult survivor of (sexual*) child abuse. That's hardly a gender-spesific issue.
    I really don't see that way. Others characters get dragged a lot more for minor mistakes than Cyclops. His fans motto is "cyclops was right"

also don'y see why the sexual abuse has to be a justificative for being a shitty person an dhurting others

True. But holding bad writing like that against a fictional character is both irrational and petty.

*I know technically Mr Minister only "experimented on" young Scott but one would have to be exceptionally naive to read Inferno and miss the way Louise Simonsson write Scott/Sinister interactions as a thinly-veiled allegory for child molestation.
    that still don't make up for his lack of character

Sure, yeah, can they leave Cyclops out of it?

One person on the fandom doesn't change my idea about the crowd. I went to 4chan and the way the guys are obsessed over Cyclops isn't health;
    Scott went from a boy scout to a alpha character calling shots and being all edgy. He was married to a lovely wife, then he cheated on her with a woman that looks like a dominatrix, Then his wife died and het got the dominatrix as hot girlfriend; Totally a toxic masculine narrative
    Okay, but we're not on 4chan; and you're not examining the context behind any of those things, so maybe don't throw around toxic masculinity so easily without context.

It's only two issues. I don't know why people care, at least she is alive and happy

I really don't see that way. Others characters get dragged a lot more for minor mistakes than Cyclops. His fans motto is "cyclops was right"

also don'y see why the sexual abuse has to be a justificative for being a shitty person an dhurting others

that still don't make up for his lack of character
    I'd say that first line shows how much you care about Jean's character.

We say Cyclops was Right because the narrative and a part of the fandom does indeed judge him in a very simplistic, black and white way without looking at context, insisting he's simply wrong.

Check my post, I don't say the abuse he suffered excuses him, but it's important context.

BANNED

Good for her indeed!

Now if the 616 version can avoid that as well now that she is back, that'd be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Good for her indeed!

Now if the 616 version can avoid that as well now that she is back, that'd be great.
    See? She just needs to get the hell away from scott

Okay, but we're not on 4chan; and you're not examining the context behind any of those things, so maybe don't throw around toxic masculinity so easily without context.
    I gave you the context

I'd say that first line shows how much you care about Jean's character.
    A lot better than many people here for sure.

We say Cyclops was Right because the narrative and a part of the fandom does indeed judge him in a very simplistic, black and white way without looking at context, insisting he's simply wrong.
    He may bot be all wrong, but he wasn't right anyway. I don't even see people saying he was wrong besides me

Check my post, I don't say the abuse he suffered excuses him, but it's important context.
    Cyclops always have a lot of these "contexts" hum
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-16-2017 at 03:44 PM.

Fantastic Member

I didn't mean to justify his mistakes. Point I was trying to make was that Cyclops could just as easily be a female character. In fact, if I had to swap the gender of an X-Men character, Cyke would probably be my first pick. So calling him an example of toxic masculinity feels a cheap shot without real merit.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Moai View Post
    I didn't mean to justify his mistakes. Point I was trying to make was that Cyclops could just as easily be a female character. In fact, if I had to swap the gender of an X-Men character, Cyke would probably be my first pick. So calling him an example of toxic masculinity feels a cheap shot without real merit.
    Without real merit? the character became toxic and a bad example of masculine behavior. Yeah i call it toxic masculinity, none of what he became could happen with a female character

Magik just is a character that also suffered sexual abuse and is a female character

See? She just needs to get the hell away from scott

I gave you the context

A lot better than many people here for sure.

He may bot be all wrong, but he wasn't right anyway. I don't even see people saying he was wrong besides me

Cyclops always have a lot of these "contexts" hum
    One person agreeing with you doesn't mean anything?

Do you know the definition of context? Because you left all of it out during your "Reasons Cyclops is a Jerk" checklist.

You don't really care about Jean if you're okay with her being a fainting damsel who needs to bear Logan's children.

When I have admitted Cyke's mistakes there isn't an honest response from the other parties, it's usually "he deserves it", so yeah, I'm gonna back him up a bit more. Maybe you wanna change that pattern? Besides, you must not be reading any of the posts on this forum if you don't see that Cyke is accused of being wrong or a jerk or evil often by others and not just you. Not that you've said those specific things.

If you don't like context being used for Cyke, fair is fair, we won't use it for anyone, we'll simply describe the events that happened: Logan murders his children, Jean murders trillions in space, Magneto (the holocaust survivor) murders people in concentration camps, etc.

Context is important.