Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    It just doesn't really do anything for the community when we straight up attack the themes that we know are important to other x-men fandoms or say something should happen just because it would piss of fans of a certain character. Yes there are a lot of comments made like this, including in this thread. It's getting a little grating to be honest. I guess I singled you out because I've learned the other posters that do this are beyond help, and I presumed you weren't.
    I honestly thought spirit2011 and I were having a nice back and forth, heck we've agreed about things before. Debate in a fandom is healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I honestly thought spirit2011 and I were having a nice back and forth, heck we've agreed about things before. Debate in a fandom is healthy.
    Nothing wrong with debate but your lumping in debate with everything else I said. Suggesting something should happen because it would piss off fans of one character or the other is not debating it's baiting.

So what I gather from this thread is:

-Emma is a hero to her people (obviously)
    -Logan should stay dead but if he doesn't, he should date Hercules
    -Pixie and Laura are contenders for best ship with Teen Scott
    -Rightclops and Jean will never work out again and Jean doesn't necessarily need a love interest
    -Why is Guggenheim still allowed to write a Kitty/Piotr & Kurt/Rachel romance when Ra--
    -Please send back the O5

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I know Scott fans also wanted To be a love triangle laura/scott/jean. Jeen only got to start a relationship with Hank on the last issue of Bendis run. i don't think there was anyone for her
    I really like Jeen, she is the teenager girl from 21st century.

If he hadn't the looks for psycloke, then abandoned his wife and little son to look out for jean, then managed to cheat on jean. If there isn't a cheating pattern here, Scott just isn't trustworth

Why? If Scott can get it on with Emma on Jean's grave, why Jean can't be with Logan?
    Jeen could've been interesting, I plain don't like her, and I wouldn't want any sort of love triangle. Tyke/Laura and Jeen/Tank would've been fine, but Marvel doesn't commit.

Who wouldn't look at Psylocke? She basically makes it impossible. I'll admit trustworthiness is not necessarily Scott's strong suit, at least when his personal life is involved, but there's always a good in-universe reason that provides context for most examples.

That last one was a joke, I don't want Jean with either one.
    Last edited by Hizashi; 10-12-2017 at 06:59 PM.

Nothing wrong with debate but your lumping in debate with everything else I said. Suggesting something should happen because it would piss off fans of one character or the other is not debating it's baiting.
    Sorry, I meant that I think specifically what spirit2011 and I are doing is debate.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    So what I gather from this thread is:

-Emma is a hero to her people (obviously)
    -Logan should stay dead but if he doesn't, he should date Hercules
    -Pixie and Laura are contenders for best ship with Teen Scott
    -Rightclops and Jean will never work out again and Jean doesn't necessarily need a love interest
    -Why is Guggenheim still allowed to write a Kitty/Piotr & Kurt/Rachel romance when Ra--
    -Please send back the O5
    LOL

and the Oscar goes to...

It just doesn't really do anything for the community when we straight up attack the themes that we know are important to other x-men fandoms or say something should happen just because it would piss of fans of a certain character. Yes there are a lot of comments made like this, including in this thread. It's getting a little grating to be honest. I guess I singled you out because I've learned the other posters that do this are beyond help, and I presumed you weren't.
    I second this! I'm so tired of arguing with the overly vocal minority because it does nothing but keep the same ridiculous discussion going around pointlessly forever. Done. Washed my hands of it. I'd rather focus on the positive and looking at all the positive aspects of this community. I think if more of us did that and spent less time sniping at each other, the fandom would be much better off.

The thing is that I'm human, I also lost my patience very often with some disrespectiful comments. I won't apologize for them in any way. iDK if I'm beyonmd help, but my patience is in short here
    I get it, I do. I used to fight with a certain group of people here but honestly, it's not worth it. Just put them on ignore and it's so much better! You're not going to change their minds and they're going to keep saying stuff because they know it gets a rise out of you. Don't let them rile you up. Just block them so you can't see their comments and focus on enjoying what makes you happy here.

Fantastic Member

Nice for Jean mean: she is caste. She only have been with a man her whole life. To jump to a polyamorous is too much
    She's been with the same man her whole life because she happened to fall hard for her first boyfriend. That doesn't necessarily mean she wouldn't be open to a more unconventional relationship if it involved the very two people she is famously attracted to.

See scott sharing his girl with Logan? no way this could go right.
    I don't see why not. Scott had no problem becoming friends with Logan despite the fact that they both loved the same woman. Scott never resented Jean for her attraction to Logan. And he didn't mind the close friendship between Jean and Logan despite the fact that he knew that there was an element of mutual attraction there. I'm not saying he was magically above moments of jealousy or anything. What I'm saying is that overall he handled the awkward dynamics of their love-triangle quite maturely and respectably. As did Jean and Logan. And in that light I think an actual polyamorous relationship between the three of them would be perfectly plausible and in-character.

On the low I kinda want a Jean, Scott polyamorous relationship but NOT WITH EACH OTHER
    Jean can have whole harem of wolverines: Logan, OML, Jimmy, Daken, Laura, Gaby.

Scott can have Emma as main chick and keep side chicks too.
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

Whoever Jean might end up with, she'll have the power in any dynamic.

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

I just want all three characters to be happy. I want Jean to be single and not tied down until 5 years have passed then she can hook up with Warren or go back to her little fling with Ted Roberts (she dated for a few issues when going to college), while Scott can work on himself and get rid of his issues and become the right mix of Boy Scout and Mutant Savior, and Logan can date whoever he wants just make sure it isn't Jean nor Storm.

I think that has a lot to do with why people don't want her with Scott. Jean was always waiting for Scott to deal with whatever emotional crisis he happened to be going through at any given time before their relationship could move to the next level. Unfortunately for Jean it was exactly this conflicted and moody nature that seemed to attract her to Scott in the first place.

This is why the Tyke\Jeen dynamic is so much different. Tyke doesn't seem to have quite the same level of hang ups but this time around Jeen is the much more tepid one about moving their relationship to the next level. It very much a role reversal of the classic relationship. That's actually true about nearly every aspect of Tyke\Jeen. The roles have been completely reversed from the 60's depiction of the two characters, especially in blue. Jeen is the take charge leader struggling with her personal choices while Tyke is more emotionally connected and has a tendency to be ineffective in combat.

I think that has a lot to do with why people don't want her with Scott. Jean was always waiting for Scott to deal with whatever emotional crisis he happened to be going through at any given time before their relationship could move to the next level. Unfortunately for Jean it was exactly this conflicted and moody nature that seemed to attract her to Scott in the first place.

This is why the Tyke\Jeen dynamic is so much different. Tyke doesn't seem to have quite the same level of hang ups but this time around Jeen is the much more tepid one about moving their relationship to the next level. It very much a role reversal of the classic relationship. That's actually true about nearly every aspect of Tyke\Jeen. The roles have been completely reversed from the 60's depiction of the two characters, especially in blue. Jeen is the take charge leader struggling with her personal choices while Tyke is more emotionally connected and has a tendency to be ineffective in combat.
    I think you're making to big of a deal into the whole "Tyke being ineffective in combat" lol. He's been doing fine lately and Angel has been much worse than him imo(and if we're talking about the whole line, where do I even start with X-Men Gold lol). And '60s Jean isn't even that bad, she's pratically OP when compared to TAS Jean lol. I don't think the level of their powers have anything to do with the Jean/Scott dynamic.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 10-13-2017 at 10:05 AM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

jean and scott were both equally important characters, their relationship was one of equals. sadly marvel doesn't like good, epic and healthy romances

they prefer relationships of one character with other character being a pet
    emma was an accessory for scott and i think if they pair jean with jimmy he will become and accessory for jean

im sure adult jean will dominate whoever she is paired

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think you're making to big of a deal into the whole "Tyke being ineffective in combat" lol. He's been doing fine lately and Angel has been much worse than him imo(and if we're talking about the whole line, where do I even start with X-Men Gold lol). And '60s Jean isn't even that bad, she's pratically OP when compared to TAS Jean lol. I don't think the level of their powers have anything to do with the Jean/Scott dynamic.
    A superhero who passes out in combat from "exertion" isn't any kind of OP in my book. And after seeing Scott uber effective from Giant Sized on where he'd be about the same age he is now, their's definitely an effectiveness dropoff. We can disagree about how much but it's there.

You're only looking at one element of what I said. What about the rest of it?