Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I definitely reread my comics. No point in keeping them if I'm never going to touch them again. Having said that the only comics I've reread recently are ones I've gotten behind on so I've forgotten what happened to that point; I'll go a few issues back to reacquaint myself with the current storyline.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

I mostly flip through them to admire the art &/or just look at the covers.

Yes. It's one of the deciding factors if I keep a book or purge it after reading. If it's something I will reread, I will keep the comic or trade. If not, I usually sell, trade, or give it away.

Like DK Detective, I used to reread comics hundreds of times when I was a kid because I didn't have many and I had to scrimp and save allowance and odd job money to get new ones (parents wouldn't buy them for me except the 3-pack polybagged books as stocking stuffers or birthday gifts), and I would read and reread any comic I had whether I really liked it or not. These days, where i have the means to get stuff I am interested in and nearly any comic is available in some format or another, I have a choice in what I read, and life it too short to spend on bad comics when there are so many choices out there, so I only keep stuff I want to revisit in my library and ditch stuff I don't.

I like to revisit certain series every few years, sometimes a new reading will determine Ia m done with a series and it will then be purged, but most I keep around to revisit again in another few years. However, I still have piles of unread stuff in my to read pile too.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    When I was a kid and had only a handful of them, I read them numerous times. Now that I have thousands (don't ask how many ), I only reread the ones that are special to me or just to refresh my memory regarding a plot I was now fuzzy on.
    Same for me. When I was 11 years old and getting into buying my own comics, I could not buy many and yet loved reading
    them so much that I ended up reading them many times. When I was old enough to work regular job, my comic purchases increased
    and with it no time to read what I had (but than If I had the money when I was 11-17, like I did later, I probably would have purchased more and skipped re-reading )
    what pretty much sealed my fate for decades more until now.
    Now I just read trades with new and old material, so much of what I am currently buying and reading was once read in floppy format by me years and years ago

I only buy tpbs/HCs these days, and I don't pay all that money to only read them once!

For me, I reread comics I really like, and even some of those I don't really like.
    At the expense of reading new comics.
    I am a kind of favor-the-old person.

If I like it, I'll reread it.

When I was younger, I reread almost every comic. I don't do it as much any more just because there is so much stuff out there. A reread of something I didn't care for all that much just won't compete with all the good comics that I've bought and haven't gotten to (Love & Rockets hardcovers, Jack Cole's Plastic Man, Grimjack, Englehart's Avengers, Sienkiewicz/ Moench's Moon Knight, Claremont/ Davis' Excalibur), or can check out in the library (Blue is the Warmest Color, Paper Girls, The Complete Eightball, Nameless.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Newer floppies, like post-1995 or so, I'll read over and over because the paper is pretty good quality and will withstand multiple readings. Earlier stuff I have from the 1980s and before - stuff in my long boxes that is in nice shape - its pretty poor paper quality so I generally just leave there.

But a bunch of my old comics were outside in boxes shortly after I moved in to my current house, and before I got them moved inside we had a forest fire nearby and I had to evacuate. None of them were burned, but while I was evacuated the firemen threw the boxes down the hill away from my house, where they subsequently got pummeled with fire retardant, rained on, and then snowed on before I got back. The salvageable stuff, mostly 1970s and 1980s era stuff, I kept around in stacks to re-read.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 10-16-2017 at 04:28 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by chongjasmine View Post
    Do you reread comics you like?
    Or do you just read a comic once?
    Oh yea. I have an entirely separate list of comics/trades that I want to reread, right next to the stuff I haven't even looked at yet.

With Valiant, I try to read every arc once it's finished.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Yes. I don't buy that many so what I have I tend to reread. Now it may take months and months to get back to something but I do it. Every October I try to read horror themed comics so I have read most of those multiple times.
    My mom thinks I'm cool.

Yes totally. There is somes comics I can read over and over and I still love them as much as I loved them the first time. And I probably doing it because now I don't like the writing like I loved them at the time. (X-Men for exemple it's been a long time I didn't like where they were going so I read the old run and waited until I love it again (Well it's kinda the case right know but not that much)).

I take way more pleasure to reread a comics I loved than read a new one (except if the story is great).

I haven't done so in many years until this month, actually! Me and a friend of mine are rereading Planetary from our collections, one issue a day.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Only after many, many years afterwards & it being a very, very good read.

When I find out that a new movie is based on a comic, I'll dig it up to take another looks at it. Like the Watchman or the Ghost World movie.

All-New Member

When I was younger I reread my books a lot. That was before trades were such a common thing and I couldn't afford new book so easily. These days I get most comics in trades and harcovers. Some of them I reread frequently, other ... not so often. I still have old backissues and I always plan to reread them instead of buying new comics but that's not working so well. LOL. I actually have huge runs of books I never even touched. It's a mess. I just started to reread The mighty Thor from the beginning. If I actually make it through that's gonna take me a couple of month...

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    When I was younger I reread my books a lot. That was before trades were such a common thing and I couldn't afford new book so easily. These days I get most comics in trades and harcovers. Some of them I reread frequently, other ... not so often. I still have old backissues and I always plan to reread them instead of buying new comics but that's not working so well. LOL. I actually have huge runs of books I never even touched. It's a mess. I just started to reread The mighty Thor from the beginning. If I actually make it through that's gonna take me a couple of month...
    For me, I am reading spider-man from the beginning, when that is done, I will read mighty thor from the beginning.