Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TruthAndJustice View Post
    My hope is that we'll discover that both Diana AND Jason were made from clay. (Clay animated by Zeus's powers, whatever, but the clay thing is a unique idea and should be, um, solidified.)
    So, you want Diana to have more in common with Gumby and Pokey?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    If they do that, I’ll come back to the title, to be honest.
    You sound like my long lost twin.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Gumby was made human?

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    If they do that, I’ll come back to the title, to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by TruthAndJustice View Post
    My hope is that we'll discover that both Diana AND Jason were made from clay. (Clay animated by Zeus's powers, whatever, but the clay thing is a unique idea and should be, um, solidified.)
    Hell.... It's an easy enough fix as it is... Even with a return to her clay origin, he is still her brother from another reality... So technically still her brother (just from an of reality Hippolyta...) Actually if the nu52 has just been a different Earth this all would have been waaaaaay easier...

Seems that WW problems never end.. Many fans want the old origin.. but I think that they should change Donna origin too for this..

I am only a temporal viewer here, for see Grail and Darkseid story.. She changed too much for see WW for her..

Good Luck WW fans with the character future..
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-14-2017 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Even with WW film, the problems for WW never end..

Since the first boyfriend Trevor signs and the next, azz work almost erased for Rucka, my reasons for continue are not enough.
    I'm not sure what all that means . . . can you clarify a bit?

I'm not sure what all that means . . . can you clarify a bit?
    I was changing the comment(many times).... I only say...

WW changed too much for me in the last year but(you quoted this)

Good luck with your desires.. Ir worse for the current WW fans all this.. I only listen many people confused with her origins.
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-14-2017 at 08:33 AM.

Fantastic Member TruthAndJustice's Avatar

If you've got a heart, then Diana's a part of you.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Eh, I'm not really of the mind that if the movie uses it, it should automatically be used in comics too. The codex thing in Man of Steel was a mess and I hear that they're also making Steppenwolf into Darkseid's nephew instead of his uncle. Some thing, no matter how small should stay the same in order to mainstain the vision of the creator. The way Perez did it, that's the way to do it.
    It's not just the movie that used it. DC Superhero Girls and multiple DC mobile app games used it too. Wouldn't be surprised if the Injustice universe uses it as well.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Dc never changes what made Batman kr Superman but will always change Wonder Woman . It’s not that I don’t like the idea of her having a father but they make it the center of who she is and what she is. Look at Azz’s run all man centrist. We need Diana to have male and female influence not one or the toehr .

With the movie it’s open ended. Diana did say she woas would to life by Zeus. Zeus isn’t her father. Either way it’s handled much better in the movie. Why does Dc need to rewrite her all the time after a writer is done. I honestly see Dc hates Diana. They want to cancel her but also don’t because she is just money to them.

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Hell.... It's an easy enough fix as it is... Even with a return to her clay origin, he is still her brother from another reality... So technically still her brother (just from an of reality Hippolyta...) Actually if the nu52 has just been a different Earth this all would have been waaaaaay easier...
    But that's just it: I don't think they WANT to fix it. They don't think it needs 'fixing'. They 'fixed' what they thought was broken by making Zeus her father and Jason (as a storyline) is there to reinforce that change and build upon it and use it to (in their opinion) create new story possibilities for Diana.

Why do they need Zeus to be her father? He already has many other children in media and th simply fact he goes against everyhthing the character is about if we always go on Zeus. Why can’t it be a original origin. Hippoltya fell in love and had Diana with an normal person. They try not to focus on the amazons and yet focus to much on this being who she is. Azz did this and now Jason? I hope this works out. She doesn’t need Zeus. She didn’t need an added character. I mean why not have Donna than Jason? There were bigger things to fix in Wonder Woman myths than adding a character. Wonder Woman sales aren’t going to do any better if this goes on. Dc already makes mistakes with Diana why couldn’t they have fixed Donna and than Jason. Why not both. If Diana and Donna are sisters why not have Zeus be her father. Jason is sadly going to hey I’m new and now I’m gone. Look at many characters they never sticks sin Wonder Woman.

There are thousands of storylines that could be opened that already existed in Wonder Woman. Adding a brother didn’t have to happen to being a new storyline. Being back Clea or Paula or any old villains or something that has be touched but never explained. You don’t never a never character. This is the problem . Dc is always adding and neve ruskng . If Jason becomes another useless character never to be seen it’s a waste of time. I rather want him than never see him. I don’t hate him father he feels like a cheap increase sales than suppose to help out.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 10-14-2017 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    But that's just it: I don't think they WANT to fix it. They don't think it needs 'fixing'. They 'fixed' what they thought was broken by making Zeus her father and Jason (as a storyline) is there to reinforce that change and build upon it and use it to (in their opinion) create new story possibilities for Diana.
    I think people know this fully well they just don't agree with it. Funny thing is, there really aren't much new opportunities with this story when you actually start looking at it.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Perez wasn't the creator though, Marston was. And while Marston created the clay origin, there is some evidence that could be interpreted as him wanting to imply that Hercules was her father without having to directly state it and make it all about her dad. I don't think Morrison pulled that from nowhere.
    This is what it's come to? Rewriting Marston to justify Azzarello and Morrison. I can't even...
    Last edited by Largo161; 10-14-2017 at 11:26 PM.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I think people know this fully well they just don't agree with it. Funny thing is, there really aren't much new opportunities with this story when you actually start looking at it.
    Thing is that you can't really do much with origin stories once the big reveal has happened, and that goes for most characters.

With the Zeus origins, I can think of the following kinds of stories that could come afterwards:
    -Diana gets roped into a situation involving the family, either with Zeus, Hera or one of her siblings.
    -Something shows up at Diana's doorstep because she is one of Zeus' kids, either to cause trouble or to seek aid.

The clay origins however I struggle with thinking of stories you can do with it beyond Diana realizing it, like do we want:
    -Diana has a sudden existential crisis where she starts to doubt her own humanity.
    -If Diana is made of clay and that clay can somehow be extracted and reshaped.

I think an argument could be made that the Zeus origins at least gives easy rise to heroic stories, while the clay origins is just kind of there. Like if we look back over Diana's long history, aren't we only looking at a handful of stories that actually do something with the fact that Diana wasn't born of flesh and blood?