Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by reni344 View Post
    If they were going to do it they should have done it at the start of Rebirth I would not do it now it would just make things confusing for people. If you want to commemorate when issue #800 of Wonder Woman comes out then fine do that but don't change all the numbering in the middle. Just make it clear it is milestone issue you don't have to change all the numbering for that.
    Fine by me, reni.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

If I was DC I would see how this turns out for Marvel.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Not Flash. Numbering is messy as hell!
    Add up all the numbers of all the series.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    If I was DC I would see how this turns out for Marvel.
    So far it doesn't seem like the Legacy re-numbering is making a lick of difference, sales-wise.

For Batman yes, I'd love for them to pick it up. I've got almost every issue from 300 to 713 so I'd like to continue that.

Yes.......

I tend to think any book with Golden Age origins should be renumbered, but I admit it would be complicated in many cases.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Yes.
    In regards to the Flash, the renumbering should be taken from the end of Barry's original run, #350 and include the 12 issues Johns wrote plus the New 52 run up to now.

THEN when DC restart Wally's title, we have the numbering taken from the end of HIS run (#247).

I've never understood comic publishers fascination with restarting a book's numbering. You should EMBRACE your history not be ashamed of it!
    Take a look at Marvel. All the short term bumps in sales for new #1's have made their books IMPOSSIBLE to follow. A new reader wouldn't have any effing clue on where to start nowadays.
    Far more offputting than picking up issue #374 of Blah Boy which is the start of a new storyline.

i agree with this. flash is a different animal than batman or superman, and simply adding up all the volumes (including wally's) and pumping out a new, big number seems... wrong. i'd kill for a second flash book, and it seems as easy as what marvel did with steve rogers: captain america and sam wilson: captain america. i would do exactly what you suggest regarding picking up the numbering that coincides with each respective flash's book.

Retired

Wasn't the renumbering for WONDER WOMAN 600 just as complicated as it would have been for FLASH? We had the first series, second series and third series of WONDER WOMAN at that time. For FLASH we had the first series (FLASH COMICS and THE FLASH) and the second series (Wally's run). Do you throw other short runs in there--WONDER WOMAN didn't. But even if you do, it's about the same as it would be for WONDER WOMAN, BATMAN or SUPERMAN now.

I think they should renumber when they hit 1000

Superman is complicated enough. You had the original SUPERMAN retitled as ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN, retaining the original numbering, and a new SUPERMAN title. Do you include both? I would.

My rules would be either it has the exact same title or it did but was renamed. So, for example, with Green Lantern I'd include the Golden Age issues, and all of Vol. 2 including when it became GREEN LANTERN CORPS. BUT, I would not include the current GREEN LANTERNS. Make sense?

Retired

In the early '80s, when they relaunched a number of titles with number 1s, instead of giving them the same title as before, they gave them a different title. Although eventually, they went back to the original title. I prefer that to taking the exact same title and slapping a number 1 on it in the very next month.

Its too late.

Marvels renumbering has ruined my long boxes!!

Heres an idea

Commemorate milestones with allstar one shots, but leave then out of the regular numbering

So WW will continue with issue 45,46,46. But in addition there will be an issue 700, 750