Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think Clark must have some way to dampen/control/compartmentalize sensation. Otherwise, he'd be crippled by his hearing and sight alone. So he's gotta be able to process sensory input and make it manageable.
    Good point, in Superman: Lois and Clark he tuned out every sound besides Lois' cellphone to be able to track a friend of hers who was kidnaped, and when Chinese Supes got control of all his powers briefly, he mentioned that his hearing didn't hurt anymore, so it's not far fetched for him to be able to tone down his sense of touch as well.

That bit about Clark 's super touch affecting plants has definitely been done before ... in 1986's THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS, of all places. Issue #3, when the (obviously already stupidly De-Powered from Pre-COIE levels) Supes feels the full brunt of a single nuclear blast:

As much (as a Superman - first fan) I hate DKR as the Big Bang for the Disrespectful Era, this was one unique sliver worth keeping: Super-touch draining the chlorophyll out of the jungle to feed Clark in an emergency situation without access to sunlight.
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 10-16-2017 at 05:52 AM.

Actually, I feel like a dumbass for not thinking of it before, but the fact that Clark can survive in space and extreme environmental conditions does strongly imply that his sense of touch would be vastly different from our's. Surviving that stuff indicates a very different biology when it comes to skin texture and tensile strength (its late, is that the words I want?) and nervous system.
    Pretty sure we discussed that many years ago

With regard to his sense of smell:

- Lois & Clark's Superman had him use his sense of smell on a number of occasions, including sniffing out C4 in a courtroom and tracking the scent of an orchid (worn by Nigel when he kidnapped Ma and Pa)
    - it has been used a number of times in the comics, including picking up the 'faint' scent of Infinitium and, on another occasion, the scent of brownies being baked in North Dakota... while on the Watchtower

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    and, on another occasion, the scent of brownies being baked in North Dakota... while on the Watchtower
    Now you mention it, I think we did discuss this back in the day.

Man, we've been posting on these boards for a minute......

And your line here just reminded me how much I love the physics-bending nature of Clark's powers. I adore how they hint at an even deeper reality and nature of what he can do.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Now you mention it, I think we did discuss this back in the day.

Man, we've been posting on these boards for a minute......
    Good times.

And your line here just reminded me how much I love the physics-bending nature of Clark's powers. I adore how they hint at an even deeper reality and nature of what he can do.
    Same. There's always more to him than meets the eye.

Or nose... or ears