Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I don't see why they havent brought Synch or even Chamber back in. This book could use these characters that had real depth to them, too bad the line up is so wasp-y bland.
    Jubilee and Nature Girl are both asian-american while Bling! is african-american. There's some problems with the line-up but it's not ethnic diversity.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw
    I dont think Gifted is saying the current kids are them. If you see the paper about the Rio incident it's from the 60's. So Lauren and Andy probsbly are decendents of the Fenris twins
    Yea, I'm aware of the Rio twins who could possibly be the comic Struckers. Maybe even one of their grandparents...? The speculation I was referring to was Lauren possibly being her middle name and actually being Andrea or something. So they'd turn into a version of them? Maybe, we'll see.

But yeah, the kid(s) aren't these Fenris twins (besides the psychotic characteristics) also because their not really twins, have a clear age gap and don't look that alike.

BANNED

I don't see why they havent brought Synch or even Chamber back in. This book could use these characters that had real depth to them, too bad the line up is so wasp-y bland.
    I.. uh... what? Are you confusing this book with Blue or something?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    I.. uh... what? Are you confusing this book with Blue or something?
    I think they want them to revive Synch? Lmao
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

There are 4/7 POC and 3 queer characters. Plus Chamber is in the book.

Average stuff. Revolving door villains is offputting. There was characters' developments but a lot of it was the unspoken love which did not come across as interesting to me. And considering what he's gotten away with so far, the Kade concept has irked me for awhile.

The story would have been probably better translated into a TV ep. Who was the supervillainess fighting Typhoid Mary in that page 13 brawl? And it's weird enough that clone Andrea's power works the same as her dead donor but should she be called a mutant, without qualifiers - plus, if Baron Strucker bio-engineered them then how can Andreas claim the standard identification as mutant?

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    Average stuff. Revolving door villains is offputting. There was characters' developments but a lot of it was the unspoken love which did not come across as interesting to me. And considering what he's gotten away with so far, the Kade concept has irked me for awhile.

The story would have been probably better translated into a TV ep. Who was the supervillainess fighting Typhoid Mary in that page 13 brawl? And it's weird enough that clone Andrea's power works the same as her dead donor but should she be called a mutant, without qualifiers - plus, if Baron Strucker bio-engineered them then how can Andreas claim the standard identification as mutant?
    Which ongoing comics do you find to be above average then? Just in case I know of them so I can figure out why you think that
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I'm still wondering why Marvel is so against the idea of the New X-Men existing on the same plane as Gen X. They would make nice parallels. Each day the book goes unannounced, my theory that X-Editorial hates money grows stronger.

Definitely a fun book for sure! Sad this isn't getting the love it deserves, cause it really is well-written and delves into continuity well! Though, this could really benefit from a "certain" character or two from the DeFilippis/Weir & KYost era.

That was a problem I saw as well. Everyone has a dynamic with some other person on the team:

-Eyeboy/Nature Girl
    -Quentin/Hindsight/Morph

Leaving Bling! all alone. It would be a little better if this book had Mercury in supporting role for Roxy.
    I actually like students to group each other just like in naruto

I remained with this book longer than I should have. Not really interested in reading about Quentin Quire as much as I have all these issues. Don't get the push Marvel gives him. I hope Jubilee and Chamber are used again elsewhere... Sorry Gen X... I tried. The magic never manifested for me.

true that.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Jubilee and Nature Girl are both asian-american while Bling! is african-american. There's some problems with the line-up but it's not ethnic diversity.

you mean Bling!who's been MIA in the book and doesn't even visually look Black Jubilee who's a teenage vamp single mom(so relatable) and Nature"as you wish" Girl yeah super diverse

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    There are 4/7 POC and 3 queer characters. Plus Chamber is in the book.
    the original Gen X still had a kick ass more amount of diversity
    GrindrStone(D)