Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Generation X #7 (Preview) - HEIST!

Written by: Christina Strain.
    Art by: Eric Koda.
    Cover by: Terry Dodson.

Description: Morph, Kid Omega and Hindsight are trapped! Stuck in a villain-infested auction, the Gen Xers must destroy a priceless weapon, all without getting caught by the auctioneer, Kade Kilgore. No big whoop, right?

Benji and Nathaniel might as well be dating already lmao

BANNED

I love the preview.

BANNED

With Blue & Gold being biweekly titles, and great books like Astonishing X-Men & Iceman, I tend to forget the X-rejects that are Gen X exist.

That said, I have (mostly) enjoyed the series and this looks like a fun issue. I guess that solves the mystery of the Fenris twins, who have adopted that peculiar brother/sister relationship that Wanda & Pietro are known for on Earth-1610. Ew.

Benji & Nathaniel will definitely be a thing. No doubt about it. Quire is still in love with Idie.

Now that is something I did NOT know about the Fenris twins. Christmas at the Strucker house must be a hoot.

Still loving the writing in this series, but still hating the art. Where’s Alti Firmansyah? He’d be perfect for this book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Yeah, the Fenris twins are pretty psycho, even for most villains. Outside of the Ultimate universe, Marvel usually doesn't get that creepy.

Makes me more curious on how accurate they'll be when/if they appear in the Gifted (and depending on if the kids are really supposed to be them).

Anyway looks like a fun issue.

This book does a lot better dropping some of its cast. This current story has been really good and I'm excited for this series for the first time in a while. Glad I stuck with it.

Still not without criticism, but Quentin/Hindsight/Morph have really good chemistry and they make a not-so-compelling (imo) story set-up more interesting. Dreading the return of Eye-Boy and Nature Girl though. Bling! doesn't even feel like a character in this book, she's gotten one good moment but no oppurtunity to mesh with her classmates. I think I'd like to see a cast reshuffle after the OG Gen X arc.

I’d just like to see better art for the OG GenX arc (and afterwards).

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Yeah, the Fenris twins are pretty psycho, even for most villains. Outside of the Ultimate universe, Marvel usually doesn't get that creepy.
    Apparently “twincest” isn’t a huge deal anymore. I blame Game of Thrones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

I'm still wondering why Marvel is so against the idea of the New X-Men existing on the same plane as Gen X. They would make nice parallels. Each day the book goes unannounced, my theory that X-Editorial hates money grows stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    With Blue & Gold being biweekly titles, and great books like Astonishing X-Men & Iceman, I tend to forget the X-rejects that are Gen X exist.

That said, I have (mostly) enjoyed the series and this looks like a fun issue. I guess that solves the mystery of the Fenris twins, who have adopted that peculiar brother/sister relationship that Wanda & Pietro are known for on Earth-1610. Ew.

Benji & Nathaniel will definitely be a thing. No doubt about it. Quire is still in love with Idie.
    Definitely a fun book for sure! Sad this isn't getting the love it deserves, cause it really is well-written and delves into continuity well! Though, this could really benefit from a "certain" character or two from the DeFilippis/Weir & KYost era.

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    This book does a lot better dropping some of its cast. This current story has been really good and I'm excited for this series for the first time in a while. Glad I stuck with it.

Still not without criticism, but Quentin/Hindsight/Morph have really good chemistry and they make a not-so-compelling (imo) story set-up more interesting. Dreading the return of Eye-Boy and Nature Girl though. Bling! doesn't even feel like a character in this book, she's gotten one good moment but no oppurtunity to mesh with her classmates. I think I'd like to see a cast reshuffle after the OG Gen X arc.
    That was a problem I saw as well. Everyone has a dynamic with some other person on the team:

-Eyeboy/Nature Girl
    -Quentin/Hindsight/Morph

Leaving Bling! all alone. It would be a little better if this book had Mercury in supporting role for Roxy.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I also almost forgot about this gem of a book, what with so many other issues coming out more often. But I love this book it is my #1 fave of the current X-line. It features obscure characters though so most people won't read (also offputting art for many)
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

I can't believe this book is still going on. The sales are very low and the art, the writing and the characters are very much lacking

This book is amazing. I really can't believe how much I am enjoying this little trio in a plot involving Kade Kilgore of all characters.

Eric Koda is perfect for this book. He needs to stay on permanently.

Definitely okay with dropping Nature Girl and Eye Boy in favor of other characters, but Christina has made me dig Morph which I thought was an impossible task.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post

Makes me more curious on how accurate they'll be when/if they appear in the Gifted (and depending on if the kids are really supposed to be them).

Anyway looks like a fun issue.
    I dont think Gifted is saying the current kids are them. If you see the paper about the Rio incident it's from the 60's. So Lauren and Andy probsbly are decendents of the Fenris twins
    X-Men Forever

The Strucker Twin stuff isn't new. I remember way back in the 80s Andrea having to tell Andreas to get out of her bed (again). they also had a 3some with Citizen V, irrc. but there's a semi-error in that preview. they bother saying that Andrea is a clone. but they don't bring up that the clone was killed by Bullseye or that Andreas was impaled by his own sword and thrown out of a very high window; by Norman Osborn. oh well. this issue should be fun.

Last edited by Michael Watkins; 10-13-2017 at 08:46 PM.

I don't see why they havent brought Synch or even Chamber back in. This book could use these characters that had real depth to them, too bad the line up is so wasp-y bland.