Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

One other thing I was thinking over...

- Slayton/Mystery Skywatch Character

Was one of them tracking the other one down? Random encounter?

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    One other thing I was thinking over...

- Slayton/Mystery Skywatch Character

Was one of them tracking the other one down? Random encounter?
    I believe Slayton was tracking him.

He says he can smell the number of altered people out there, and if I'm not mistaken he also said his implants could detect something "different" in Lynch. It's pretty clear he is a tracker by now. Now, the fact that he is not going after the other thunderbook subjects may indicate that either he doesn't feel ready to tackle them OR the Kheran implant has no interest in fucking with other Kheran implants.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Could be.

I also got a quick laugh out of that Lynch didn't say "Hey, one other thing. Slayton tried to kill me, and he might have been talking about killing the other Project subjects."

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Could be.
    It just ocurred to me: if I'm right, Slayton vs Cray will no doubt a thing.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    It just ocurred to me: if I'm right, Slayton vs Cray will no doubt a thing.
    Honestly, I wonder about if Cray even makes it that far.

Things are ramping up in that title.

In addition to that, I'm not sure that whatever is going on with Cray is even something that Slayton can sense.

Something along the lines of "Annotations" for The Wild Storm #15. It's a doozy. Factoring that in, I'll partially "Spoiler" tag some of this stuff so folks waiting on trades or not keeping up with every issue don't come across anything.

Sideways Bob is apparently a part of Skywatch. Folks will remember Sideways Bob from DV8 back in the day.

From the looks of thing Slayton was right about Skywatch conducting a program along the lines of "Thunderbook" on Earth. spoilers:
    Jack Hawksmoor is a subject of that program. It apparently redesigned his body to try to create a version of humanity that could survive and serve should Skywatch ever wind up in a situation where Earth was catastrophically damaged.
    end of spoilers

Slayton is still on the road. Along the lines of what has been going on so far. Far as I can tell, he did not engage any members of Skywatch or I.O. this issue.

Lynch tracks down former Project Thunderbook subject Andrew Kwok. Unlike Alexandra, Andrew didn't simply use his new identity and leave it there. Factoring in that Lynch could be tracked down and tortured into giving the details of the project up, Andrew had plastic surgery and created a new identity in addition to his post-Thunderbook identity.

He is now living as one spoilers:
    Philip Chang
    end of spoilers. Married with two sons, spoilers:
    Hector and Percival Chang
    end of spoilers. Andy decides that Lynch is to much of a loose end to leave alive. While spoilers:
    Lynch winds up killing Andrew(and it's obvious from Lynch being in upcoming solicits)
    end of spoilers, I'll leave that out of this wrap up.

That said, Andy lays out that the Thunderbook subjects are now only loosely human. Like Slayton, he is pushing down his alien component's desire to reproduce and colonize. I'd imagine that this might also be the case for Spaulding and Rainmaker.

During a back and forth between Craven and Bendix, Craven lays out that Zealot/Lucy's recent actions have cost her the ability to operate in New York. Going forward, she will be killed if caught inside of New York. Lauren lays out that Lucy will be operating in the rest of America going forward.

That would seem to potentially put Lucy on a collision course with either or both Slayton and Lynch. It will be interesting to see.

No developments from Marlowe's team this issue.

Edit: One other interesting development. Andy points out that something is odd in Lynch's brain. No telling where that is going of if it is related to Cray.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 07-18-2018 at 03:33 PM.

Mighty Member

Hands down this continues to be the best book being put out. What a great issue, the "war" between Skywatch and I.O. is ramping up, Lynch is still on his road trip (wonder if he will meet up with Cray), and the Authority seems to slowly be coming together. Hope we get back to the WildC.A.T.S soon and get into Voodoo's story as well as the whole aliens subplot. Look forward to the next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Hands down this continues to be the best book being put out. What a great issue, the "war" between Skywatch and I.O. is ramping up, Lynch is still on his road trip (wonder if he will meet up with Cray), and the Authority seems to slowly be coming together. Hope we get back to the WildC.A.T.S soon and get into Voodoo's story as well as the whole aliens subplot. Look forward to the next issue.
    Yep.

Now that we know that Slayton's theory about Skywatch having an augmentation project on Earth was indeed correct, The Midnighter and Apollo "Classic Coke" origins seem like they would fit right into that.

From Ellis' "Mailing List"/"Newsletter"...

I have to wrap this up, because I also need to work on the expanded outline of issues 19-24 of THE WILD STORM, connecting up all the things, setting up the introductions of characters, trying to get everything to come together on issue 24 to wrap up the series relatively neatly. Hopefully without breaking Jon, who I think I've done serious damage to lately. It's nice that enough of you followed along that we're actually going to get to the end of our story, so thanks for that. It would have been really gutting if Steve Cook had built that issue-number indicator into the logo and we didn't get to the end of it.

The solicit for October's issue eighteen...

You can never go home again, but John Lynch needs to go somewhere to begin the last act of his life. Jack Hawksmoor never really had a home, especially since he became something other than human. As the war between IO and Skywatch gets hot, Marc Slayton has somewhere for Lynch to go, and Jenny Sparks may have a new home for Jack Hawksmoor…and Angela Spica.

Mighty Member

It's gonna be a sad day when issue 24 comes out and this book is over. But at least Ellis gets to tell his complete Wildstorm story. As great as this series has been I think it will read even better as one giant trade. I can only hope this universe that Ellis re-imagined continues on in some fashion when it's all said and done. An Authority and WildC.A.T.S book perhaps, maybe even a new Gen-13.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    It's gonna be a sad day when issue 24 comes out and this book is over. But at least Ellis gets to tell his complete Wildstorm story. As great as this series has been I think it will read even better as one giant trade. I can only hope this universe that Ellis re-imagined continues on in some fashion when it's all said and done. An Authority and WildC.A.T.S book perhaps, maybe even a new Gen-13.
    I'm not certain that it will be entirely "Over".

From what I recall, one of the books(I would assume the main one) will change titles and go on. Not sure how long that will go if it happens.

Astonishing Member

Just read volumes 1 and 2

Absolutely loved them

Gonna get the clay one next

Hope dc keep this around in some way

Utterly brilliant

I'm interested in seeing their take on Gen 13.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm interested in seeing their take on Gen 13.
    That possibility is certainly interesting. Factoring in that there are already three kids(and, I would assume, potentially at least two more on the way), it doesn't really feel like any of them are particularly old.

The two Project Thunderbook subjects who have mentioned their children are framing it squarely in "Kids" terms. While it could just be most folks go to way of describing it, I'm starting to think that the children in question aren't all that old.