Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    What do you guys of a potential return of Tranquility and it's citicens? I think it would be interesting to see them in the mix too, a town of super powered individuals that could become the target of both IO and Skywatch in their personal war.
    Honestly, I don't think there is enough title run left for some of the "Out In The Weeds..." characters to make an appearance.

Yep. The title seems more circumscribed to the main players of the Wildstorm universe.

There are a lot of other characters I would like to see but I have realistic low expectations even if the story is being really good. Ellis here created a sci-fi drama full of conspiracies and mysteries to be explored and it would be sad for a lot of the characters to be left out, but it would be understandable. In fact, I still waiting for somebody to developt this as a live action series.

So, only issue 19 until the break for the last arc then?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Yep. The title seems more circumscribed to the main players of the Wildstorm universe.

There are a lot of other characters I would like to see but I have realistic low expectations even if the story is being really good. Ellis here created a sci-fi drama full of conspiracies and mysteries to be explored and it would be sad for a lot of the characters to be left out, but it would be understandable. In fact, I still waiting for somebody to developt this as a live action series.

So, only issue 19 until the break for the last arc then?
    Issue #18(now seemingly with a release date of 10/31) is what I believe will be the final issue before the break.

https://www.dccomics.com/comics/the-...-wild-storm-18

I think the rights to Tranquility are owned by it's creator Gail simone. So maybe they could get her to come in and reboot it for the imprint?

The preview from this week's The Wild Storm #18.

One development that was probably to be expected. One that was an interesting surprise. Totally fits, but still an interesting surprise.

I bought Volume 2 and it's pretty good.

It's the guy with the great name!!

Preview here
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

you beat me to posting it

helspont feels more bat shit that Bendix which i love.

I guess the lynch/gen12 stuff starts picking up steam.

I wonder if we are gonna get to see Cole when he was with IO? maybe how he met marlowe and the others?

What intrigues me is the revelation of at least three, THREE, Skywatch superhumans capable of spaceflight.
    We know there is Apollo.
    Who could be the other two?

Oh, man. Discussed the preview without even bothering to link to it. Thanks for posting that link.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    you beat me to posting it

helspont feels more bat shit that Bendix which i love.

I guess the lynch/gen12 stuff starts picking up steam.

I wonder if we are gonna get to see Cole when he was with IO? maybe how he met marlowe and the others?
    Helspont actually feels something like "Original Recipe" Bendix. It's a nice touch.

Never mind that he seems certain that he can actually control who I would assume will wind up being Apollo/The Midnighter with a few lines of code. That should be something to watch for.

On Cole, that will be interesting to see. I guess it depends on if the other titles ever wind up seeing the light of day. I'm not sure how much they could cram into what's left of this series. Obviously, the return issue looks like it will focus on Jenny.

What intrigues me is the revelation of at least three, THREE, Skywatch superhumans capable of spaceflight.
    We know there is Apollo.
    I guess that all depends. The old "Who Is On What Side..." breakdowns might not apply based on what we have seen so far in the series.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 10-29-2018 at 08:22 PM.

Just a minute...

Dr. Helspont defected? Adding that to the way he is talking, feels like he might have been in on Project: Thunderbook.

Astonishing Member

We know there is Apollo.
    Betting on Majestic and MAYBE High?

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    Betting on Majestic and MAYBE High?
    If you think about the team Apollo/The Midnighter were initially a part of, they were roughly Justice League equivalents. If that team had lived, it seems like...

- Apollo
    - Lamplight(Green Lantern equivalent)
    - Stalker(Martian Manhunter equivalent)

... might all be capable of space flight.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If you think about the team Apollo/The Midnighter were initially a part of, they were roughly Justice League equivalents. If that team had lived, it seems like...

- Apollo
    - Lamplight(Green Lantern equivalent)
    - Stalker(Martian Manhunter equivalent)

... might all be capable of space flight.
    Lamplight, yes: he was basically a human with a hijacked Green Lantern (as seen in Planetary, the equivalent of Abin Sur was murdered by the four and the tech soldt to Bendix). Now Stalker, if I'm not mistaken, was a sort of daemonite. There was no precedent for space flight in this case: but then again, Kherans and Daemonites are radically different now.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Yep.

Outside of the characters we know to be Kheran, Jenny, and the Doctors, I'm not even sure anyone actually knows that the Daeomonites exist.