Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Roy Sheider is still alive. I'm going to get him to be John Lynch in my Wildstorm movie.
    Sam Elliot for Lynch
    Taye Diggs for John Colt
    Peter Dinklage for Emp.

From the looks of the latest DC Comics solicits, we will be getting Apollo and The Midnighter for more than just a couple of pages when issue #21 comes out.

Someone needs to get a hold of Wetworks and really do them justice. I've always loved the concept of the team and wish someone could come along and really make them shine.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Have they ever brought back Backlash? I loved Marc Slayton and was always disapointed that DC never seemed to want to do anything with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Have they ever brought back Backlash? I loved Marc Slayton and was always disapointed that DC never seemed to want to do anything with him.
    If you aren't kidding around, you might want to look into the next trade when it comes out.

Just a quick reminder that issue #19 will be released this week. Here's the preview...

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/books/d...story-of-earth

We're coming to a close... One one hand, I'm glad Ellis came back for this and that he has a clear plan with a beginning and an ending. On the other hand, I don't really want this book to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    We're coming to a close... One one hand, I'm glad Ellis came back for this and that he has a clear plan with a beginning and an ending. On the other hand, I don't really want this book to finish.
    Agreed.

While I wouldn't want the book to outlive the level of quality it is currently delivering, I am a bit bummed that a book that will likely go out on top is going out.

I started reading this a few months ago, and I think it's been great. I never read any Wildstorm books before this reimagining, so it's all new to me.

Just read issue 19 of Wildstorm and boy...things are now getting more serious. I really loved it. The only thing I didn't like much is Apollo's hair color, maybe it's just me, but I'm not very fond of the choice.

Incredible Member

Has there been any mention of DV8?

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    Has there been any mention of DV8?
    Assuming that you are up to speed on the "Old" big picture...

The "New" big picture is essentially I.O. and Skywatch(think the old Stormwatch) in a current treaty which allows I.O. to run Earth covertly while Skywatch controls everything except Earth covertly.

Of the DV8 characters...

- Ivana Baiul: I.O. At the moment, she is current I.O. director Miles Craven's deputy.
    - Sideways Bob: At the moment: he is apparently a part of Skywatch. While mentioned, he has never appeared on page.
    - Michael Heller(Evo)/Hector Morales(Powerhaus): Both were part of Michael Cray's support team during the "Michael Cray" series. Current whereabouts are unknown. Both seemingly regular old humans with no powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Just read issue 19 of Wildstorm and boy...things are now getting more serious. I really loved it. The only thing I didn't like much is Apollo's hair color, maybe it's just me, but I'm not very fond of the choice.
    One thing that stuck out...

Once the Doctors gave the current Doctor the lay of the land, how in the heck does Michael Cray fit into it? While it seems like there must be something inside of him, I'm more confused than ever as to what it might be.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    One thing that stuck out...

Once the Doctors gave the current Doctor the lay of the land, how in the heck does Michael Cray fit into it? While it seems like there must be something inside of him, I'm more confused than ever as to what it might be.
    It's no doubt Kheran, if we look at the design.

If we think about the mechanics of it, it works a lot like Marc Slayton's implant - with the difference that Slayton's completely controls him/turned him insane, while Cray managed some measure of control over it. So he probably was experimented on at some point, or is a hybrid of sorts.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    It's no doubt Kheran, if we look at the design.

If we think about the mechanics of it, it works a lot like Marc Slayton's implant - with the difference that Slayton's completely controls him/turned him insane, while Cray managed some measure of control over it. So he probably was experimented on at some point, or is a hybrid of sorts.
    Most likely. It's just odd that Jacob and Craven seem completely unaware. Each of the Project Thunderbook subject are aware of their implants(some seemingly have a peek into it's nature). Cray seems to have had no idea.

While there are obviously at least two Kherans with no affiliation, it's still an interesting loose string. Even The Doctors don't seem to have mentioned Cray.