Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    It's a review that I linked to in one of my posts.

The site's reviewer is of the mind that John and The Midnighter are one in the same.
    Seen. Wow...

Yeah they are not the same character.

I think the reviewer assumed it because Midnighter and John Colt have the same character model.

Jon Davis Hunt is a great artist but even he suffers from the Six Face problem. Thats a trope where an artist only can draw a limited amount of character designs (think Steve Dillion or Tite Kubo).

My other concern is that even if he is both Midnighter and John, they feel too seperate from whatever Marlowe is doing and the story would have to acknowledge John is doing a side op from Marlowe. Unless their relationship and activities is a part of Marlowe's plans.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Also they do not look alike - asides being black?
    What do you mean they do not look alike? They're both black!

(Which, sadly, is probably the thought process of said reviewer, because 2 black men in starring roles is clearly too much. The guy also seems to think Apolo escaped the Khera because he mentions an 'evil space empire". To me, it's obvious Apolo was talking about Skywatch)
    Last edited by BohemiaDrinker; 02-28-2019 at 05:45 PM.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post

(Which, sadly, is probably the thought process of said reviewer, because 2 black men in starring roles is clearly too much. The guy also seems top think Apolo escaped the Khera becaue he mentions an 'evil space empire". To me, it's obvious Apolo was talking about Skywatch)
    Yep.

There is zero reason that Kherans would be sending anyone after them. They seemingly think that everyone is dead. Never mind that the flying saucers were clearly Skywatch(along with the close up of how Apollo's eyes work was "Classic Coke" Skywatch augmentation. Very similar to what we've seen that they did to Jack).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post

(Which, sadly, is probably the thought process of said reviewer, because 2 black men in starring roles is clearly too much. The guy also seems to think Apolo escaped the Khera because he mentions an 'evil space empire". To me, it's obvious Apolo was talking about Skywatch)

1. Yes... that's why I said "asides being black".

2. And that's a damn shame.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I think the reviewer assumed it because Midnighter and John Colt have the same character model.

Jon Davis Hunt is a great artist but even he suffers from the Six Face problem. Thats a trope where an artist only can draw a limited amount of character designs (think Steve Dillion or Tite Kubo).

My other concern is that even if he is both Midnighter and John, they feel too seperate from whatever Marlowe is doing and the story would have to acknowledge John is doing a side op from Marlowe. Unless their relationship and activities is a part of Marlowe's plans.

Hate to agree but this sentence is highly accurate.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Yep.

There is zero reason that Kherans would be sending anyone after them. They seemingly think that everyone is dead. Never mind that the flying saucers were clearly Skywatch(along with the close up of how Apollo's eyes work was "Classic Coke" Skywatch augmentation. Very similar to what we've seen that they did to Jack).

I found that scene to be amazing.
    It may be "small" in the grand scheme of things but it's these sort of details that make the series what it is - great.

So...

It appears that the entirety of the series will focus on Jenny's team/Michael Cray/Marc Slayton.

Got to say, it's a bit of a bummer that we probably won't see any more of Marlowe's C.A.T. or Lynch rounding up the children.

I'm almost positive we're getting an Authority relaunch after The WildStorm concludes.
    Hitch just confirmed he's doing covers for a new Wildstorm series...

https://www.newsarama.com/44337-the-...1-preview.html

preview of issue#21

EDIT- https://www.newsarama.com/44348-the-...er-apollo.html

An interview with Jon Davis Hunt about the last arc.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-18-2019 at 04:30 PM.

Preview for this week's The Wild Storm #21...

https://www.newsarama.com/44337-the-...1-preview.html

Nice nod to the old "The Authority" title.

Edit:

Dang. Looks like I was a little late on that one. Good looking out.

While it wasn't exactly a massive step forward, this issue certainly had it's moments.

Little bit of a look into the players that we are up to speed on. Also a quick look in on what appears to be the life of one Ben Santini. That was certainly interesting.

With only three issues left to go, I have absolutely idea exactly where this is going.

Preview for this week's The Wild Storm #22...

https://thegww.com/the-wild-storm-22-exclusive-preview/

The cover of #24 spoiled this for me but I'm still curious how it all goes down.

And hopefully, we get some news on what comes next.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The cover of #24 spoiled this for me but I'm still curious how it all goes down.

And hopefully, we get some news on what comes next.
    While I don't want to be a killjoy, everything in the e-mail newsletter has said "Where Things End With Issue #24 Is All There Is Going To Be."