Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    One last thing...

The idea that IO would even consider going after any of the "Project Thunderbook" members? I've been getting a consistent chuckle out of that. One of their C.A.T.s couldn't even win a gunfight with Kenesha and Cole.
    True, but they must have some higher firepower: Angie's tech suit, Cole and Michael cray all came from I.O. Thunderbook was an I.O. thing. Their CATS got mowed fast, yes, but maybe the reason those guys were usewd in the first place was because they haven't had to use the big guns in a while. Doesn't mean they don't exist.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

On those...

- To the best of my knowledge, Angie seems to have built the suit in secret and needed to add some of Marlowe's stashed tech to it to keep it from causing pretty consistent blood loss. Miles/Jackie/Ivana seemed to have no clue Angie had done it or how she had.

- Zealot/Lucy seems to actually be responsible for most of Cole's know-how.

- No one at IO even seems like they are aware if the broad strokes of Project Thunderbook.

And considering than teh Thunderbook subjects seems to had been implanted with alien genes, that is clear a violation of the treaty between IO and Skywatch. So Bendix could also have an interest on these people.
    Is kinda funny that Bendix was grumbling about lizard aliens like a paranoid conspiracionist and in the end that was true.
    Also, what about Slayton? What other things are hidden beyond the knowledge of those secrets organization?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Just didn't want to seem like a "CORRECTOR!!".

As for Santini, I believe Miles mentioned him. If I spot it during rereads, I'll post something. That said, it seems like it was just a quick mention in a single spot.
    No harm done. Wecan just check and confirm. I always know I can be wrong and it does not upset me.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

BANNED

I want Grifter back.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I want Grifter back.
    While I can try to see where you are coming from, I don't see that happening any time soon.

Okay...

The Wild Storm #14 was absolutely brilliant. It looks like there may wind up being something for everyone in the aftermath of Project Thunderbook. In addition to that, Slayton is a legitimately terrifying villain who gave us some insight into what the bigger picture probably looks like. Seems like it might even be something like what we were discussing yesterday. That doesn't even get into the Doctor/Jenny corner of things.

Wildstorm: Michael Cray was also interesting. Hard telling exactly where they are going with it.

I wouldn't say than Slayton is a villain. As Lynch, he is a wild card who is hunting others hybrids who still work for either IO or Skywatch.
    But here:

The Authority is taking form.
    The enigma about Alexandra Fairchild and her relationship with Caitlin is revealed. The other members of Thunderbook, could they also have offsprings?
    Slayton is on the move. I think he is under the thrall of the other unknow factions in this conflict (either cherubims or daemonites or else)
    Craven vs Bendix, face to face (sort of).

Who still is missing relevant enough to appear?

I want TAO and Kazen Gamorra to show their faces.
    Apollo and Midnighter still for the count.
    And Majestic is a big absent.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I wouldn't say than Slayton is a villain. As Lynch, he is a wild card who is hunting others hybrids who still work for either IO or Skywatch.
    But here:

The Authority is taking form.
    The enigma about Alexandra Fairchild and her relationship with Caitlin is revealed. The other members of Thunderbook, could they also have offsprings?
    Slayton is on the move. I think he is under the thrall of the other unknow factions in this conflict (either cherubims or daemonites or else)
    Craven vs Bendix, face to face (sort of).

Factoring this issue in, it certainly seems that way. Roxanne's mother(Well, potentially) is in the solicit as a member of Project Thunderbook. That's before you even figure that a few years younger than Slayton might still point to some of them being old enough to have kids around ten/early teens.

I was shocked at Caitlin coming into play. I was sure this was going to be a bit more "Team 7". Guess it still sort of is, though.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 06-20-2018 at 05:47 PM.

Mighty Member

This is by far the best book out there right now. Awesome issue. Zealot taking out those CATS was a thing of beauty, Miles and Craven look like their heading into all out war and this whole thunderbook project story with Lynch is a nice a great addition to the overall story. Slayton is completely different character from the old Backlash/Wildcard titles, in a terrifying good way. And of course it looks like we're in the early building process of the Authority. How can one book be so good? Ellis has effectively rebuilt the wildstorm universe and is tying everything together in essentially one book, Cray seems to be doing his own thing but I hope he gets folded back into the main storyline. Wasn't two other books supposed to be launching in this reboot? I hope that's still the plan and I also hope the book does not end at issue 24. Looking forward to the next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    This is by far the best book out there right now. Awesome issue. Zealot taking out those CATS was a thing of beauty, Miles and Craven look like their heading into all out war and this whole thunderbook project story with Lynch is a nice a great addition to the overall story. Slayton is completely different character from the old Backlash/Wildcard titles, in a terrifying good way. And of course it looks like we're in the early building process of the Authority. How can one book be so good? Ellis has effectively rebuilt the wildstorm universe and is tying everything together in essentially one book, Cray seems to be doing his own thing but I hope he gets folded back into the main storyline. Wasn't two other books supposed to be launching in this reboot? I hope that's still the plan and I also hope the book does not end at issue 24. Looking forward to the next issue.
    It seems like the plan is for The Wild Storm to turn into a different title at the beginning of the third year. Not sure if the initial book count included the current "Michael Cray" series or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post

There'a probably build-up for these guys we're not seeing.

Considering how sinister Kherans seem to be, Majestic will probably be a major power shift when he shows up. Furthermore, Majestic name has 3 syllables (Majestros), which may mean that, when he shows up, hee will not be noble warlord we're used to. He's actually bellow Zannah in Kheran hierachy.

Apolo and Mids seem like the sort of guys to be "deployed" in the war to come.

Now, Tao and Kayzen? In a carefully balanced world like this one, that's just throwing a wrench at things. Which I believe Ellis will absolutely do.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    There'a probably build-up for these guys we're not seeing.

Considering how sinister Kherans seem to be, Majestic will probably be a major power shift when he shows up. Furthermore, Majestic name has 3 syllables (Majestros), which may mean that, when he shows up, hee will not be noble warlord we're used to. He's actually bellow Zannah in Kheran hierachy.

Apolo and Mids seem like the sort of guys to be "deployed" in the war to come.

Now, Tao and Kayzen? In a carefully balanced world like this one, that's just throwing a wrench at things. Which I believe Ellis will absolutely do.
    I'm actually going to take a guess at that one.

We just had Slayton potentially establish that Skywatch is running a program on Earth. Apollo/Midnighter were both Bendix designs back in the old days. Factoring that in, I have a feeling Slayton might run across them while he is rooting out the folks that IO/Skywatch augmented.

As for T.A.O. being a possibility...

Bendix's second in command mentions that she had a set of actions that could throw Earth into a tailspin that no force/group on Earth could right.

Sounds about like T.A.O.

I'm actually going to take a guess at that one.

We just had Slayton potentially establish that Skywatch is running a program on Earth. Apollo/Midnighter were both Bendix designs back in the old days. Factoring that in, I have a feeling Slayton might run across them while he is rooting out the folks that IO/Skywatch augmented.
    It's a good guess, as well.