Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default New Mutants Trailer

https://youtu.be/bu9e410C__I

This is certainly something new from Marvel/Fox in the way of an X-Men film. Between this, Legion and The Gifted Fox could have a viable Franchise on its hands again.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

BANNED

This might be the first time I've ever been surprised by a trailer for a superhero movie.

That was not the direction I thought they'd go with it.

Kind of surprised by the thriller/horror angle but it looks cool.

I'm not a fan of superhero movies but the trailer is somewhat different to the usual fare.

I think this is based on the 'Demon Bear' saga, which was my jumping on point for NM.

Wow, the success of IT is really affecting how Hollywood markets things, even when the only connecting tissue is Coming-Of-Ageness.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Wow, the success of IT is really affecting how Hollywood markets things, even when the only connecting tissue is Coming-Of-Ageness.
    How do you think IT affected this?

This looks amazing!

Horror is great for New Mutants
    I fondly remember the early run with Bill's art and if this is adapting Demon Bear saga all the better as I love Dani Moonstar.

There is a scene in the comics where the team walks in on Illiyana during a ritual and demons begin pouring out of her mouth. That's pretty horror if you ask me.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Astonishing Member

Honestly, when Fox said they'd be going for more of a horror angle for The New Mutants, I was expecting something more along the lines of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Honestly, I'm not entirely sure how to react to this one. I really don't go in for horror movies much unless they're about 70-80 years old (I don't care what anyone says, the Universal Monsters are still the best). I've never much cared for being scared.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Looks like a generic 'horror' movie by today's standards and those bore the ever loving **** out of me.

This looks to be a hard pass for me.

This trailer looked extremely good. I'm just hoping Wolfsbane is done some justice, but so far so good!

Extraordinary Member

Check out this reaction.
    New Mutants Trailer REACTION
    Beyond The Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B15xEHS6elM

Quote Originally Posted by DamianBane View Post
    This trailer looked extremely good. I'm just hoping Wolfsbane is done some justice, but so far so good!
    Yeah I'm sure they held out on her transformation for a reason. Will she be more like the American were wolf where her body is racked with pain or will it be more like twilight
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

It's cool that they're trying to do something different. Rather than the typical super hero route, they're doing a straight up horror movie. Hopefully it's good. I was a New Mutants fan back in the day, so I'm rooting for them.

Well...that was different .

Outside the mention of Mutants you would probably have no idea this was an X-Men movie.

Mighty Member

Yay, another completely generic horror flick trailer. Might as well be "Paranormal Activity 742." I want to give them points for doing something different with the genre, but this trailer was straight up horror without the superhero. Can't give you credit when you're just rehashing different tropes.

Hype lost. I'll wait for word of mouth before I check out entirely, but I'm already pretty much out the door and down the block. Can't remember the last time a teaser trailer so completely made me go from interested in a movie to so completely not.