Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

mhhh, i like the cast and they seem to adept one of my favorite new mutants-stories with the demon bear.
    but then that weird setting. what is that? nathan essex-esque experimenting on young mutants, how can this go all mystical?

then there is that tampering with the main characters. sam should be save, as long as they donīt make him say "but mah dad vote for trump, man is bringing in jobs" or something stupid like that ("they call me the don"). but i am curious how his cannonball-flight will be done.
    rahne and dani also look good and fitting.
    3 out of 5 ainīt bad
    berto, donīt like the magma-mesh. his comic-book appearance was very unique and he did not look like demon-torch...
    as a huge illyana fan she worries me the most. i got her issues growing up in limbo at a very young age and she went through a complex and horrifying transformation. seeing her walking around as cool, young goth-warriorwitch just feels degrading to the character.
    she has not earned that- i am willing to bet, that they mostly cut out all the belasco stuff und just make soul sword and armor her mutant power.

all the others just discovered their powers but she has years of dealing with supernatural under her belt? donīt see it
    but will see the movie
    if it is ever released

ps
    why did they keep that horrible "people put their faces against black latex"-effect? and it is almost the first thing you see in the trailer? start low, can only get better?
    "would any share their first time?" very subtle! how would you proceed?
    rahne: "i was 13. i thought it was a dream. then i lost control"
    sam: "i started panicking"
    berto: "my girlfriend..."

actually bertoīs supposed to be "burned" girlfried scene gave me stronge selene ("aka psychic vampire")-vibe...
    since when is sunspot supposed to burn people? for ages he was just strong and durable. guess accidentally kick the **** and almost killing some guy in football match wasnīt cool enough
    feels much more down to earth to mean than pool inferno incident
    Last edited by abulafia; 01-06-2020 at 01:35 PM.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Arent they dead? Or did they get resurrected?
    I *thinks* Skids was resurrected and became a SHIELD agent, but I don't care enough to confirm.

Also, what a terrible name to begin with.

And also, House of X anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I *thinks* Skids was resurrected and became a SHIELD agent, but I don't care enough to confirm.
    I don't know if she was officially SHIELD, but she was with the government and worked with Hawkeye and Winter Solider in a recent Tales of Suspense mini-series.

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    mhhh, i like the cast and they seem to adept one of my favorite new mutants-stories with the demon bear.
    but then that weird setting. what is that? nathan essex-esque experimenting on young mutants, how can this go all mystical?
    I was looking at the Doctor, and I noticed she was wearing a pin in the shape off a diamond, with another diamond in the center. It did kind of remind me of the diamond on Sinister's head, so there may be some validity to that theory.

I suppose he could be researching mystical powers in a scientific way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    2 yeas later here is trailer 2!

Fox's uneven track record in recent years has made it impossible for me to legitimately get excited over the movie.

Nonetheless, the trailer works for me. It still has that horror movie feel, but it also is a lot more recognizable as a New Mutants movie than the earlier trailer. Marketing wise at least, its a step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I was looking at the Doctor, and I noticed she was wearing a pin in the shape off a diamond, with another diamond in the center. It did kind of remind me of the diamond on Sinister's head, so there may be some validity to that theory.

I suppose he could be researching mystical powers in a scientific way.
    This would've been in production back when the movies were teasing Sinister (like the tag at the end of Apocalypse) so you never know...

Astonishing Member

The new Trailer of New Mutants looks cool,quite intriguing.
    And i am hoping that the story of the movie is a adaptation of the Demon Bear Saga of the New Mutants comic book,because itīs one of my favorite New Mutants stories.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Fox's uneven track record in recent years has made it impossible for me to legitimately get excited over the movie.

Nonetheless, the trailer works for me. It still has that horror movie feel, but it also is a lot more recognizable as a New Mutants movie than the earlier trailer. Marketing wise at least, its a step in the right direction.
    Call it the hardship of any franchise that is driven by a traditional approach were the directors, writers, technical crews actually have a strong say in the outcome of the film. if its bad, its on them, if its good, its on them.

Most and if not all the franchises I like are inconsistent, same as how many of my favourite directors, actors and actresses have been in bad and good movies but it is still better to be inconsistent as an actor or a franchise than to just be a massive giant cooperate factory house movie following a studio formula or be considered as a manufactured artist.

the reason why you and others find New Mutants intriguing is because it looks nothing like the last fox stuff or any of the reason slate of comic movies?(Dark Phoenix)
    Last edited by Beaddle; 01-07-2020 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    The new Trailer of New Mutants looks cool,quite intriguing.
    And i am hoping that the story of the movie is a adaptation of the Demon Bear Saga of the New Mutants comic book,because itīs one of my favorite New Mutants stories.
    Gotta read that storyline now.

-- Insane asylum with traumatized young people who maybe don't belong there. Administration possibly exploiting said inmates. Crazy powers and action as the teens become empowered. I'm getting a bit of a "Suckerpunch" feel to it all. Not that it will end up like that - I just get the same vibe. (but then, I thought "Suckerpunch" was derivative of "Brazil" so nothing wrong with being influenced ...)

-- I wonder if Illyana's "trauma" will be that she claims to have been kidnapped as a child and raised in a demon dimension but of course nobody believes her.

Looks more cohesive as a trailer, this time. Still not entirely sold on the whole Asylum approach - it feels a little like Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors. to me, which is not necessarily bad. Is this going to be the MCU approach - all mutants go to an Insane Asylum?

Illyana coming out of the portal at the end, though - wow!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Call it the hardship of any franchise that is driven by a traditional approach were the directors, writers, technical crews actually have a strong say in the outcome of the film. if its bad, its on them, if its good, its on them.
    This is revisionist history.

The flaws of X-Men: The Last Stand were because the studio didn't lock down Bryan Singer, lost Matthew Vaughn, then hired Brett Ratner for a rushed production. The screenwriter wanted to focus on the Dark Phoenix story, while the studio demanded that the Gifted storyline be used.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine multiple screenwriters, and a director that disagreed with the studio over the tone and story.

Deadpool was only made due to the test footage leaking and the studio being embarrassed into finally greenlighting it. Both Deadpool and Logan had their budgets by the studio to get an R rating.

Dark Phoenix was envisioned as a 2 part movie before the studio vetoed that.

I will agree that when the movies were good, it was due to the talent and commitment of the cast and crew. But even a quick look at the history of the X-Men movies shows that studio made several bad decisions that hurt the movies.

Anyone else got the “A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors” vibe? Even the title font is reminiscent of the Elm Street titles... hmm

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post

The flaws of X-Men: The Last Stand were because the studio didn't lock down Bryan Singer, lost Matthew Vaughn, then hired Brett Ratner for a rushed production. The screenwriter wanted to focus on the Dark Phoenix story, while the studio demanded that the Gifted storyline be used.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine multiple screenwriters, and a director that disagreed with the studio over the tone and story.

Deadpool was only made due to the test footage leaking and the studio being embarrassed into finally greenlighting it. Both Deadpool and Logan had their budgets by the studio to get an R rating.

I will agree that when the movies were good, it was due to the talent and commitment of the cast and crew. But even a quick look at the history of the X-Men movies shows that studio made several bad decisions that hurt the movies.
    Not to mention the backhanded dig being taken at the MCU isnt reality. Just listein to Gunn, Waititi, Coogler, or any director since Feige became the head boss talk about the process. They are encouraged to make these movies in they're voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post

Fox still feels like a pea compared to the issue that goes on with studios. Believe me there have been past threads of this and fox usually comes off as the least of the worst.

Not to mention the backhanded dig being taken at the MCU isnt reality. Just listein to Gunn, Waititi, Coogler, or any director since Feige became the head boss talk about the process. They are encouraged to make these movies in they're voice.
    New Mutants looks nothing like any of the x-men films. There is no built in formula here as there was for Gunn, Waititi, Coogler, its Josh Bonnes trying to bring his vision to life. If the movie succeeds, he, not fox will get the credit.

If you want any of the feige stuff compared to New mutants, we can make a thread about Dr Strange 2 and let’s all try and make sense of why Feige won’t make it horror, when Fox just did horror with new mutants. Doesn’t sound like any of the Feige directors are in the same place as Bonnes. Bones should be compared more to Mangold, Miller , Phillips for recent call backs. he is actually making his own movie.