Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default What do you hope for in 2019 (concerning Spider-Man)?

So 2018 is basically in the books and, IMO, it was a very good year for Spidey: Dan Slott wrapped his loonnnggg run with one of his best stories in "Go Down Swinging" and then Nick Spencer exceeded even my optimistic expectations with his first 12 issues of ASM. Zdarsky recovered from a dull period on PP:SSM to close with several terrific issues and, in movies, "Into The Spider-Verse" may just be the best Spidey story ever told on the big screen.

Soooo......what are you all most looking forward to in the world of Spidey for 2019?

Astonishing Member

Not much...

That Nick Spencer stays on ASM.

That FNSM will be good and successful.

That Miles Morales Spider-Man will be at least as good as Bendis Miles Morales book.

And please, no more Spider-Men variations anymore...

BANNED

Hopefully Spencer keeps Peter and MJ together for the whole year, I've a feeling he might cool their jets at some point, also looking forward to more from Boomerang as his friendship with Peter and Randy grows, and hopefully we get a satisfying pay-off to the mystery of Centidemon.

I'm hoping we'll see more of the RYV Parkers and Annie in some capacity, Spidergeddon gave their run adequate closure but it was definitely setting up some interesting premises, what with Annie now being the weaver of the web of life. Would hate for them to just leave that lingering all year.

Spider-Man: Life Story is my most anticipated title. Zdarksy has proven himself a most talented Marvel scribe and Bagley is a legend in the field, I'm eagerly awaiting what they have in store with telling a complete Spider-Man story over the course of a lifetime amidst the backdrop of real cultural and political advancements.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 12-20-2018 at 05:58 AM.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I hope Spencer’s run hits a more threatening style story. We’ve had a good few funny stories now with build up, now I want to see if Spencer can write Spidey with a more serious approach/story.

I'm looking forward to Spencer's first event on ASM. It has been a really fun and solid run so far.

I would also like to see something with the Renew Your Vows characters.

I am very much looking forward to the continuation of the PS4 Spiderman in the mini series that will be coming out.

This one won't happen, but I would love for Raimi to consider making a Spiderman 4 comic to get his ideas out and to show how he wanted to conclude his take on the character.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Looking forward to ''Hunted'' by Spencer, hoping that Spencer keeps up the good work he's done so far is my main wish for ASM in 2019. I'm hopeful for the new Miles Morales book as I thought issue 1 was a decent start for the run.

Not much else really...Though I am interested in that Mini Series based on the PS4 game.

- More classic villains
    - More Ben and Kaine
    - More Mayday and Annie

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

- Far From Hope to be the best Spider-Man movie

- The Kraven/hunt arc

- The Spider books to maintain or exceed their current level of quality

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I hope Spencer continues to be a fun read, but hope he starts giving a bit more substance as it all feels too superficial to me so far. I strongly suspect he is going to kill off MJ next year, so I really hope that if it happens the story is well done and feels 'earned' and also seeds for a return.

I'm hoping Superior Spider-man is a fantastic read and builds for Otto's return as Peter's greatest enemy.

And that Far From Home is great and more closely resembles a Spider-man I recognise. No Tony Stark, MUCH less of the Stark-tech (have Peter re-tool it all), maybe mention Uncle Ben, etc. I liked Homecoming a lot, but if they could tone the MCU(!!!) down a notch I'd like it. Also, for the movie to give Mysterio as good an outing as The Vulture had in Homecoming. I always have a soft spot for a slightly crap villain with a ridiculous look and as such, Mysterio absolutely appeals to me. He is definitely a top 10 Spider-man enemy for me.
    Last edited by exile001; 12-20-2018 at 09:31 AM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I hope Spencer continues to be a fun read, but hope he starts giving a bit more substance as it all feels too superficial to me so far. I strongly suspect he is going to kill off MJ next year, so I really hope that if it happens the story is well done and feels 'earned' and also seeds for a return.

I'm hoping Superior Spider-man is a fantastic read and builds for Otto's return as Peter's greatest enemy.

And that Far From Home is great and more closely resembles a Spider-man I recognise. No Tony Stark, MUCH less of the Stark-tech (have Peter re-tool it all), maybe mention Uncle Ben, etc. I liked Homecoming a lot, but if they could tone the MCU(!!!) down a notch I'd like it. Also, for the movie to give Mysterio as good an outing as The Vulture had in Homecoming. I always have a soft spot for a slightly crap villain with a ridiculous look and as such, Mysterio absolutely appeals to me. He is definitely a top 10 Spider-man enemy for me.
    I strongly hope the part I've bolded doesn't happen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I strongly suspect he is going to kill off MJ next year, so I really hope that if it happens the story is well done and feels 'earned' and also seeds for a return
    So in other words, you want a repeat of 1999

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I hope Spencer’s run hits a more threatening style story. We’ve had a good few funny stories now with build up, now I want to see if Spencer can write Spidey with a more serious approach/story.
    "For instance, there will be some stories in the first half of the year where people will say, 'I get it. This book leans a little heavier towards the comedy. This book has a lighter touch than some previous Spider-Man runs.' Then at the half year mark, we're going to turn it around and it will become something very different."

Lightbulb

My only hope is Spencer continues to tell good Spidey stories and is not taken off the title before he hits his stride.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I hope for a team(up) book featuring the Scarlet Spiders and/or the Slingers.

Other than that, I hope the fun comics currently being made continue to be fun!

-Pav, who can't wait to catch up on the ones he's been trade-waiting for...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Astonishing Member

Well, if I can say it:

1º) I would like the whole OMD undone and the marriage between Spider-Man and Mary Jane being restored. (It could have other consequences, like MJ keeping her spider-powers from Spider-island; just like when OMD erased Peter's powers from the Other).

2º) "Superior Spider-Man" facing the consequences of his actions. And that means facing the Superior 6 and other villains he treated is a way TOO unfriendly.

3º) The MC2's story about Peter's return at the end of Spider-Geddon.

4º) A way to restore most of the dead spiders from Spider-Verse and Spider-Geddon.