Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    It appears not. According to Peter, Luke is fairly 'new' on the scene too.

I hope so, though their last meeting did seem pretty final, May was willing to marry 'Melvin' but he called it off to rule over his Moleoids again.
    Hmm. We'll have to see! I'd love to see MJ meet Jess. (I also liked MJ's appearance in the Jessica Jones series by Kelly Thompson, as random as it was).

I'm not super familiar with the strip long term - I just dip in and out - but it's kind of funny to think of not checking for several months, and then reading a new one and Luke, Killgrave, and Peter are still doing the same stuff.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I'm not super familiar with the strip long term - I just dip in and out - but it's kind of funny to think of not checking for several months, and then reading a new one and Luke, Killgrave, and Peter are still doing the same stuff.
    The strip's decompression is totally canon too...it's actually what saved the strip Peter from being killed by Morlun in Spider-Verse.

I only update this thread when the story actually advances, sometimes it's only by half an inch rofl.

The strip's decompression is totally canon too...it's actually what saved the strip Peter from being killed by Morlun in Spider-Verse.
    Oooh, what's the story behind that?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

BANNED

Oooh, what's the story behind that?
    It was in one of the Spider-Verse tie-in comics (Spider-Verse#1 to be precise). Slott wrote it.

Morlun invaded the strip universe and ambushed Peter and MJ while they were relaxing in the park. Peter swung a punch at him but Morlun was unphased. Peter proceeded to repeat himself to MJ a few times, recapping what had happened earlier and taking ages to act further, which confused Morlun. Eventually, Morlon realised the universe suffered from temporal distortions. Karn tells him it will take weeks for the simplest action to be taken, meaning Morlun would take an awfully long time to consume him. Morlun eventually gives up and says he'll come back later. Karn then decides to spare this "innocent" universe and places it in a pocket dimension where it will be forever safe from attacks by the Inheritors. This was actually the first merciful act we'd see from Karn.

It was in one of the Spider-Verse tie-in comics (Spider-Verse#1 to be precise). Slott wrote it.

Morlun invaded the strip universe and ambushed Peter and MJ while they were relaxing in the park. Peter swung a punch at him but Morlun was unphased. Peter proceeded to repeat himself to MJ a few times, recapping what had happened earlier and taking ages to act further, which confused Morlun. Eventually, Morlon realised the universe suffered from temporal distortions. Karn tells him it will take weeks for the simplest action to be taken, meaning Morlun would take an awfully long time to consume him. Morlun eventually gives up and says he'll come back later. Karn then decides to spare this "innocent" universe and places it in a pocket dimension where it will be forever safe from attacks by the Inheritors. This was actually the first merciful act we'd see from Karn.
    That's hilarious - thanks!

BANNED

That's hilarious - thanks!
    No problem.

Karn's actions were also very likely the no-prize explanation for why the strip carried on as normal while the rest of the multiverse fell apart in Secret Wars that year.

No problem.

Karn's actions were also very likely the no-prize explanation for why the strip carried on as normal while the rest of the multiverse fell apart in Secret Wars that year.
    (I just tracked down that issue - very nice. And my man Tom Grummett drew it! Very sad about poor Hostess Cakes Spidey, though. )

BANNED

Very sad about poor Hostess Cakes Spidey, though. )
    Yeah, I loved how sassy Hostess MJ was around him, and yet still always put up with him anyway.

Yeah, I loved how sassy Hostess MJ was around him, and yet still always put up with him anyway.
    I just looked up some of those ads, and now I'm irritated that Slott killed him off. Just a jerk move, man.

However, I am amused by the idea that these ads are part of the multiverse - similar to how Tim Seeley tied in a character from similar ads for Batman and Robin into his Nightwing run (the Defacer and Pigeon).

Now I'm very curious to know if the Snickers commercials that are in like EVERY DC comic for the past two years are some kind of multiverse.

BANNED

Luke is free, but Peter is not. Jameson's ultimate Christmas present, an unwilling but genuine spider-menace, is just about due.

BANNED

Killgrave tells Luke Peter will probably be a more valuable puppet to him, Luke attempts to knock his block off but Killgrave instructs Peter to attack Luke. It's round two, and who wants to bet Peter will prove a more effective character under supervillain control in this strip than he usually does as his own person?

It's interesting to note that, much like Luke under Killgrave's control, Peter still has control of his ability to speak even if his body is enslaved, that might go a long way to helping him clear the air with others..not unless Killgrave gets wise to this and instructs Peter not to talk