Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Has it's own TV Tropes page.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...trip/SpiderMan

Some of my favorites.
    All Just a Dream: The switch to an unmarried Peter in early 2009 was done with no explanation, thus passing it off as a dream had some merit in this case. And the strip where he wakes up almost comes across as a Take That! (the title for the story was "Will The REAL Peter Parker Please Stand Up?").
    Take That!:

In addition to the aforementioned "dream" retcon of the "unmarried" Spidey status quo from early 2009, in 2010, during a crossover with Iron Man, Spidey is asked by Stark if he would ever make his identity public. Spidey makes it clear such action would be far too dangerous and would put people he loved in danger. A No-Prize to whoever can guess what that's referring to...

Anyone who's tired of Peter's ridiculous moping over his "no-one dies" policy in the 616 comics will be happy to know daily strip Spidey is not as quick to lay blame on himself for causing a death. During a 2013 storyline involving The Tarantula, Peter is partially responsible for the death of the Tarantula's trecherous girlfriend when he jams her rifle with webbing. She pulls the trigger and receives a fatal back-blast. Rather than mull over the death he has helped caused, Peter lightly brushes it off, pinning the blame squarely on the girl's shoulders for firing the weapon, and quickly changes the subject.

A 2014 storyline with Doctor Octopus putting up the pretense of being a crime-fighter seems to be the strip's way of poking fun at Superior Spider-Man
    Also Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 3 is canon.
    Continuity Nod: A story arc with Sandman in 2009 makes it clear that the events of Spider-Man 3 are canon to the strip.
    Last edited by WeirdSpider; 10-19-2017 at 11:54 PM.

BANNED

That Doc Ock story Tropes mentions is most bizzare...at one point Ock uses a sock puppet attached to one of his tentacles to hypnotize Ox from The Enforcers

BANNED

Peter actually cracked a "Are we there yet?" joke in Sunday's strip.

He and Mole Man have returned to the surface, where-surprise-Aunt May has been waiting topside for them the whole time, and she hasn't suffered from the heart scare we left her with when last we saw her months ago!

so what writer/artist combo could really give a punch in the arm to the strip?

BANNED

Looks like the May/Melvin romance is over with. Moley doesn't want to stay with May, May asks if there's someone else...there's not just one person involved May, it's thousands, as Mole Man wants to rule over his Moleoids again!

I knew that it wasn't gonna happen, but I really did want Mole Man and Aunt May to get married.

BANNED

Now they're having an argument about things. Melvin says he is not so fickle that he would pick someone over May, but May reminds Mole Man that when they first met, he was trying to persuade Mary Jane to marry him, all Peter can do is prepare himself for his Aunt's heartbreak
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 10-26-2017 at 03:04 AM.

BANNED

Sad to see May and Mole Man break up.

Nice bit of continuity bringing up May's condition from the last time she was in Subterrania ("Sperlunker's Lung") which prevents her from staying down there too long.

Peter could easily just inform her about the youth waters Tyranus has if he thought it could help, but I suspect Tyranus wouldn't be swayed to give them any. Peter had to temporarily seal away the fountain just to convince Tyranus to let him and Mole Man go.

I saw a really long line to meet him at a comic con. He's had an underappreciated and lengthy history at Marvel (illustrated two silver age annuals, drew the comic strip that introduced me to Spider-Man, line editor at Marvel.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

So Moley's taken the giant worm back to Subterrania, leaving May heartbroken and seeking solace in Spidey's arms.

For some reason, whenever May has a sweet moment with Peter in-costume, it always hits a spot with me

BANNED

So we come to the end of our saga, and Aunt May's left feeling somewhat grateful for the chance she got to spend with Mole Man, and cares enough about to him to put him in esteemed company like Uncle Ben (Nathan and Jay never dated May in the newspapers, so it's not exactly getting crowded up there, though I think her connection to Doc Ock remains canon to the strip)

Nice to see Mary Jane back too, even if she's still a few miles away from Peter (they keep in touch via cellphone), but Peter will probably catch up to her soon.

BANNED

Yay, Robbie appears. Peter's web-swinging through the city informing him of what happened in LA, and Robbie decides to give him a vacation since Jonah is away for now. Peter tells him that he'll be heading to Miami to be with MJ, but Robbie reveals Jameson is also there for a publisher's convention. The news hits Peter so hard that he winds up swinging face first into a building ledge, rofl

BANNED

Peter and MJ reunite at last. MJ is congratulated by her PR man, but she's not feeling well, so Peter turns up and gives her a nice big hug, her reaction is adorable, she just melts into his arms

I was humming the "Eye on Springfield" theme as soon as I saw the name of the talk show MJ was on ("Eye on Miami", which looked like one run-on sentence)

BANNED

The premiere of Marvella II will be held in Chicago, but for now Peter and MJ can enjoy two days in Miami. Peter decides to use the free time to check in on an old mentor who's wife recently died...CURT CONNORS.

I believe this is the first major Spidey villain we've had in the strip since Harry's stint as The Hobgoblin in 2015