Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Default Complete Spoiler-Filled Discussion of Justice League

I'm surprised there wasn't a thread like this already but I think it's worth talking about without being held back by the much appreciated courtesy present in the other threads.

My favorite parts:

-Bruce's guilt (he was more human than me), Diana's hesitance at leadership, and the overall conversational interactions
    -Superman's return, specifically with his loved ones and the JL fight (Do you bleed?
    -The Amazon battle (ft. a GL!)
    -Diana's amazing use of the gauntlets at the beginning
    -Freeze breath!
    -The lasso on Aquaman and Flash's pound joke
    -Obviously both post-credit scenes (glad they aren't ditching Luthor and a Society battle is very interesting)
    -Anytime Diana's lasso made an appearance.

My not so favorite parts:

-Barry's excessive humor (it was fine for the most part but overkill)
    -The rushed and choppy first half hour, it dragged on and moved around too much
    -The relatively easy dispatch of Steppenwolf who is only interesting by inference of an exile from Apokalips

Also, I've lost count of the amount of shots that were cut or reshot.

-Flash doing his yoga pose and dodging parademon fire
    -Cyborg flying and putting his mask on (maybe the motherbox taking over)
    -Batman looking at Superman's hologram
    -"I hope you're not too late"
    -"My turn" replaced with "didn't bring a sword" and "we're all gonna die" redone

I'm guessing a lot of you will have similar thoughts but post away. What do you think general audiences will like and not like?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Some random thoughts:

1. Was surprised by the opening scene..."real cam" cell phone footage of Superman (pre-death) having a discussion with some kid fans of his in Metropolis. That was a surprisingly poignant moment...especially when Superman could not quite figure out how to respond to the kid's question of why he loved Earth.

2. Wonder Woman scene at the Old Bailey (I think it was) was AWESOME SAUCE, and very much in the spirit of what we'd seen in the WONDER WOMAN movie.

3. Glad to see Batman/Bruce Wayne and Alfred lightening up after the heavy moods of BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE.

4. I've never been the biggest fan of Cyborg as a member of the Justice League, but his portrayal in this movie has made a convert out of me. Victor is an awesome hero and very much deserves his spot alongside the League.

5. Aquaman and Flash were everything I expected them to be, and more.

6. Steppenwolf was an OK villain, but it was pretty clear to me that he's being set up here as a herald to Darkseid. The question that leaves us with is whether we'll ever get to see Darkseid himself in the DCEU (please, ye comic book movie gods...let it be so).

7. Someone mooted a DCEU film of nothing but Superman vs. Flash races. I'm 1000% behind that idea!

8. Did being reborn make Superman more powerful than he was pre-death? To me, he seemed a LOT more powerful than he was in his two previous appearances (and that's a good thing).

9. Speaking of his rebirth, I really like the role that Flash and Cyborg played in it...and when first Lois and then Martha saw Clark alive...among the most emotionally powerful moments ever seen in a comic book movie. You really feel hope being reborn with Superman.

10. The final reflection by Lois at the end of the movie...about hidden heroes among us and how hope never really dies, and that darkness not being the absence of light, but the loss of hope that light will ever return. In light of recent events in the world during the past few years, THIS MESSAGE MEANS MORE THAN EVER. Just Lois's closing thoughts made the movie worth the price of admission.

11. The mid-credits scene (ha ha!) and post-credits scene (ooooh!).

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Forgot the kid's cam footage. I thought it was cool and interesting.

I also thought Superman seemed incredibly strong. Like taking out Steppenwolf was almost a joke.

Aquaman wasn't as bro-y as I thought he would be and that's a good thing. He wasn't reduced to comic relief, but had his own humor.

Also don't think anyone has mentioned that explicitly "current' image of white skinheadish bigots harassing a Muslim woman's store.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Also don't think anyone has mentioned that explicitly "current' image of white skinheadish bigots harassing a Muslim woman's store.
    I almost wanted to have a scene of the League confronting those skinheads...not attacking them, but just standing there protecting the woman and her store and just with their presence saying, "Now that we're here, you're not going to get away with this nonsense."

Last edited by Buried Alien; 11-18-2017 at 01:17 AM.
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I almost wanted to have a scene of the League confronting those skinheads...not attacking them, but just standing their protecting the woman and her store and just with their presence saying, "Now that we're here, you're not going to get away with this nonsense."

I did half-expect a hero to intervene there, then I saw the cop.

It's nice to see a lot of people seem to think they did well with Cyborg overall. I've heard some complaints about the CGI but not many seem to be bashing his actual character and role in the movie. That's cool, he needed that JL boost more than anyone else.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

I loved seeing Barry recognize that for the first time, there was somebody fast enough to see him while he was running (Superman). Classic expression of "oh sh**!"

I should have specified the side-eye Superman gave Flash and his reaction was priceless. "****, he can SEE ME". And I'm glad he still wasn't able to hit Flash cleanly.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    It's nice to see a lot of people seem to think they did well with Cyborg overall. I've heard some complaints about the CGI but not many seem to be bashing his actual character and role in the movie. That's cool, he needed that JL boost more than anyone else.
    Yeah I thought he was written well and performed well. I thought his powers were also shown to be versatile. He seemed very useful to the league.

Few thought I have:

- Have to start with Superman, this was almost a perfect showing for the character: powerful, human, emotional, fun when he showed up in the final battle he looked AMAZING they really brightened the colours on his suit and when he was carrying that entire building that was just such a Superman moment. I say almost perfect because it is such a pity they messed up with moustachegate so bad the CGI is terrible in that opening scene and the post credits, seems they replaced the entire bottom half of his face.

- Wished Aquaman was given more to do, he really didn't have a big wow moment to shine IMO, I guess you could say it was the tunnel but still. Also would of been nice to see more of Atlantis, they completely cut Vulko as I expected but they also cut the scene with Arthur and the dead king which I suspect was where he gets his armour and trident, disappointing. Also it is just me or did he seem a bit weak given he was the powerhouse type along with Diana, she seemed a lot stronger than him both in the Superman and Steppenwolf fights, I hopefully chalk this down to him not having the martial training she has.

- Originally I think Silas Stone was supposed to die, there's a quick shot in one of the trailers which shows Vic tearing up which isn't in the movie and the fact Silas just disappears for the entire movie until the end after Vic saves him, they probably scrapped his death and reshot the scene at the end with Vic getting his new upgrade/armour (which looked so good btw classic Cyborg logo!) to go in line with the more hopeful ending.

- Speaking of the ending I thought it was really nicely done, lots of classic shots like Batman staring up at the Bat symbol and Clark Kent FINALLY doing the Superman transformation and the part where they talk about turning Wayne Manor into a JL headquarters with 6 chairs but room for more, loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    I'm surprised there wasn't a thread like this already but I think it's worth talking about without being held back by the much appreciated courtesy present in the other threads.

My favorite parts:

-Bruce's guilt (he was more human than me), Diana's hesitance at leadership, and the overall conversational interactions
    -Superman's return, specifically with his loved ones and the JL fight (Do you bleed?
    -Obviously both post-credit scenes (glad they aren't ditching Luthor and a Society battle is very interesting)

My not so favorite parts:

-The rushed and choppy first half hour, it dragged on and moved around too much
    Agree with this.

Overall I thought the team had amazing chemistry, and the team fighting Supreman while I did not like the idea before hand I think they handled it rather well and it was badass just seeing Superman taking on the entire league at once and winning. And chalk me up as another Luthor fan, and he even looked much more like the Lex we all know this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    4. I've never been the biggest fan of Cyborg as a member of the Justice League, but his portrayal in this movie has made a convert out of me. Victor is an awesome hero and very much deserves his spot alongside the League.

5. Aquaman and Flash were everything I expected them to be, and more.

6. Steppenwolf was an OK villain, but it was pretty clear to me that he's being set up here as a herald to Darkseid. The question that leaves us with is whether we'll ever get to see Darkseid himself in the DCEU (please, ye comic book movie gods...let it be so).

9. Speaking of his rebirth, I really like the role that Flash and Cyborg played in it...and when first Lois and then Martha saw Clark alive...among the most emotionally powerful moments ever seen in a comic book movie. You really feel hope being reborn with Superman.

4&5. Yep the new guys were all awesome, given Cyborg wasn't given a whole lot in the trailers I was surprised and delighted to see just how good he was and how integral he was to the movie.

6. I really don't get all the hate for Steppenwolf he was decent certainly not any worse then most other CGI bad guys of the last 10 years? He actually had some pretty cool fight scenes and one liners IMO.

9. It happened a bit too quick for my liking wish they had built up Superman's return a bit more but I agree the actual way they did it was cool making use of multiple characters to bring him back.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Anyone wanna theorize where Deathstroke & Luthor will be appearing next? (If at all, that is)

(We all know Affleck had planned to use Slade as the main villain in The Batman but alas... only somewhere in the Multiverse do they know how that would've turned out)

Personally, I think Luthor building his Secret Society could be a great basis for Suicide Squad 2. And who wouldn't like a good Deathstroke vs. Deadshot showdown?

(someone in my screening actually thought Slade was Deadshot at first :P)
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 11-18-2017 at 12:45 AM.

I wasn't happy to see Eisenberg at the end of the movie, but maybe they'll down play the more manic angle in the future. Still not crazy about him as Luthor. But as he only appears in one after credits scene. Who cares? that's my only real gripe.

I loved the little touches they did to show us bits with each character. Given the size of the ensemble, the time trimmed from the movie etc, they really showed themselves in good ways if you paid attention. Aquaman's soft spot for folks who were caught with no where to go be they folks roughing it in small maine tones or that meltdown location in Northern Russia spoke volumes about him. When Superman says he wants to live, and Cyborg says something like "me too"...and Cyborg actually sounds surprised that yeah, he wants to live. It was a beautiful bit of character growth from a guy who had good reason to angst but wasn't entirely defined by it.

Batman's bit to Barry, about 'save one person' might seem trite to some, but it was perfect, just what a rookie hero needed to hear. Save one, then save another, then another and...suddenly the Flash finds his niche. And Barry has ideas and moments that go beyond the joking.

Though that side eye from superman while still disoriented after rebirth was farking hilarious.

Bruce's jab at Steve Trevor, well, he wouldn't be Batman if he wasn't a little bit of an ass now would he? Diana's reaction was very human, and I did chuckle at Flash's warning that if WW killed Bats, they'd cover for her
    Wonder Woman was wonderful, and unlike some I don't think she got short changed at all given this was a team movie.

Where was this Superman in Man of Steel and Batman v Superman? THIS is the guy who i wanted to see, and I don't mean the power boost (At least it seemed like his rebirth gave him a temporary one to me as well, glad I'm not alonein that). I mean the mix of humility and hope, while knowing he is the big gun.

And dear lord, the Amazons are bad ass even when they fail. Anyone else for an Amazon Prequel? that was some straight up best of Xena and then some level stuff there.
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

When the guard opened Luthor's cell did anyone else think that the guy inside might of been Joker gassed with the way he was laughing uncontrollably? For a minute I actually thought we were going to get a Joker-Lex moment. Might be reaching here but could be Joker broke him out of Arkham.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Adam View Post
    When the guard opened Luthor's cell did anyone else think that the guy inside might of been Joker gassed with the way he was laughing uncontrollably? For a minute I actually thought we were going to get a Joker-Lex moment. Might be reaching here but could be Joker broke him out of Arkham.
    I actually thought it was going to be Martian Manhunter shapeshifting from Lex to J'onn. The gas isn't a bad theory though.

Also, I forgot. No black suit (though in retrospect, it wouldn't make sense because he was buried in a normal civilian suit. Still, there was room.)

And another cut scene: Barry saving Iris (I presume) by breaking through the glass.

Not going to lie seeing Deathstroke and the chance of a Injustice League was cool seeing Eisenberg was disappointing.

This is a real nerdy nitpick but Step should have held his own a little better against Superman. Supes basically wipes the floor with him. As much as I love Superman and how super-badass they really put him over, I hope they build Superman to get his ass whooped by ol' Darkseid. Of course they'll defeat him and all that but you gotta get the big man over strong.

Loved the Darkseid references, "For Darkseid" has always made me happy in the comics and in the movie I'm not gonna lie, got some chills.