Default Why DC doesn't make incentive covers anymore ???

I always love it when I can get my hands on some rare variant covers, even tho i'm not rich and can't afford the 1:100, it's always cool to snatch a 1:25 or 1:50 if they are nice.
    But DC doesn't seem to make incentive covers anymore, why ???

BANNED

Because it's not financially viable to do so outside of very rare occasions. I mean think about it, the company is paying an artist for a special cover, and then only sell a limited amount of them at the same kind of prices you normally get for a book... it's just not financially sound.

Incredible Member

I loved and have all the ones of brightest day of the resurrected heroes sitting in all white with the emotional spectrum entities above them. Miss covers like these.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Because it's not financially viable to do so outside of very rare occasions. I mean think about it, the company is paying an artist for a special cover, and then only sell a limited amount of them at the same kind of prices you normally get for a book... it's just not financially sound.
    It is sort of viable, but not healthy for the market in the long term.

See, it's not about the cover price. It's about how many extra regular cover books retailers will have to order to get some extra 1/50 or 1/100 covers. See, the retailers know they won't ever be able to sell those books, but they will be able to sell those rare covers for big money.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Yea highly douth that, as for a 1:50 or 1:100, retailers have to order 50 or 100 copies, therefore paying the guest artist. So no I don't think thats the issue here.

Keep your money until Action #1000... You’ll have enough variant covers to keep you happy for a lifetime.