Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Interested in Science / Technology?

14 48.28%
  • Neutral / Not interested

3 10.34%
  • A Science Skeptic / Denier?

2 6.90%
  • Excited by Science / Technology Research?

19 65.52%
  • Terrified by Science/Technology Research?

4 13.79%
  • Critical of Science /Technology Research?

2 6.90%
  • Unsure - Can't Answer

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Well, that's what physics is about at least.
    How bodies work, chemical reactions, and many other sciences also follow this. Physics is one of the most obvious examples.

BANNED

Science is the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Science is the devil.
    He said using an electronic device to post on the internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Science is the single greatest achievement of human kind and the best ( perhaps only) way we have of understanding the univetse we live in.
    I agree.

By the way, where is my flying car? This is the 21st century already. I do believe I was promised a jet pack. Where is my <heterosexual> robot companion?

This is complete bullshit.

BANNED

This might lower women's attitude toward science.

EVERYONE becomes a Luddite when his or her job is eliminated.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sex-robot...232500174.html
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 01-12-2018 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    This might lower women's attitude toward science.

EVERYONE becomes a Luddite when his or her job is eliminated.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sex-robot...232500174.html
    This is only even slightly true if you take 2 assumptions you are making as truth: That it's the 'job of women' to have sex with men, and that sex-bots can give birth to new humans.

Since neither of those is the case . . .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    This is only even slightly true if you take 2 assumptions you are making as truth: That it's the 'job of women' to have sex with men, and that sex-bots can give birth to new humans.

Since neither of those is the case . . .
    Did you read the comments? They're funny as hell. Quite a few men are happy about this development. I'm not saying I am, but I'm sure that the first company that brings these things to the market will become extremely wealthy -- for the same reason that prostitution has always been a big business, despite the efforts of governments everywhere to stamp it out.

These things really will replace women in the lives of more than a few men. You can call that whatever you want to, or call anyone who says it a bad person, but it's a fact.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 01-12-2018 at 07:07 AM.

BANNED

What we need from technology are medicine, electricity, indoor plumbing, central heating and air, refrigeration, the internet, phones, forensics, construction, rapid transit and hauling, infrastructure, and maybe a few other things.

What was don't need is a surveillance state. But that's what we're getting, inch by inch.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 01-12-2018 at 07:39 AM.

Did you read the comments? They're funny as hell. Quite a few men are happy about this development. I'm not saying I am, but I'm sure that the first company that brings these things to the market will become extremely wealthy -- for the same reason that prostitution has always been a big business, despite the efforts of governments everywhere to stamp it out.

These things really will replace women in the lives of more than a few men. You can call that whatever you want to, or call anyone who says it a bad person, but it's a fact.
    If these things are replacing women in their lives then they didn't have any real women in them to begin with, but that's not my point. What you said was that women would hate this because it was taking their jobs, which isn't so as there are many employed women out there and only a few people globally made the choice to pick 'Have Sex' as their job (Not getting into sex slavery here). This will certainly be a profitable enterprise that I don't approve of, but I'd be fine with someone having a Scooby Doo sex bot as long as it stayed in their bedroom. I have a problem with people who seem to think that sexing men is a woman's job though.

BANNED

No, I wasn't talking about sex robots taking women's jobs in the workforce. I meant they'll take jobs from women in more than a few bedrooms. You're welcome to believe that won't happen, but I bet it will. There are a lot of men out there who have been financially wiped out by divorces. I don't plan to buy one, but think about what will those robots be like in 20 years. The price will keep falling too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I have a problem with people who seem to think that sexing men is a woman's job though.
    I meant they'll take jobs from women in more than a few bedrooms.
    Maybe you can understand this.

Space exploration was what I did for a living the past 18 years, so I can't complain. Google my handle and that was the last project I worked on.

BANNED

When does automation occur? It happens when the costs of machines doing something drops lower than the costs of humans doing it.

Many costs are incurred in a romantic relationship, not all of them financial. Some non-financial costs include stress, loss of autonomy, the investment of one's time, dealing with exes and baby daddies, etc. Some men will decide that the costs of romantic relationships are no longer worth paying.

Eventually the social stigma will begin to drop away, and you'll see this depicted on sitcoms and the like. It's coming. The only question is, how popular will it become?

When does automation occur? It happens when the costs of machines doing something drops lower than the costs of humans doing it.

Many costs are incurred in a romantic relationship, not all of them financial. Some non-financial costs include stress, loss of autonomy, the investment of one's time, dealing with exes and baby daddies, etc. Some men will decide that the costs of romantic relationships are no longer worth paying.

Eventually the social stigma will begin to drop away, and you'll see this depicted on sitcoms and the like. It's coming. The only question is, how popular will it become?
    That's not really science though. That is more engineering and capitalism.

And none of this is the issue where you seem to keep claiming that giving The Sex to men is a woman's job.

Also: