Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Pretty sure the mighty Dollar came a few hundred years after that
    More than a few.

After years of asserting that only Antifa says "holidays" instead of "Christmas", this:

But now, it appears Trump won't quite be the "Merry Christmas" messiah his supporters had been promised.

"An invitation sent to White House reporters Thursday invites them to a 'holiday reception' at the White House, despite President Trump’s repeated promises to buck political correctness and make 'Merry Christmas' in vogue again," the right wing Washington Examiner reports.

The invitation "states 'the President and Mrs. Trump request the pleasure of your company at a Holiday Reception to be held at the White House,'" the news site notes.
    http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement...ampaign=buffer

The enemy did not wait long to gloat:

BANNED

all is lost

take down the garland

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    you are not wrong

but if one is looking for a sterile and controlled holiday celebration, his method is sound
    Just to clarify something, my Xmas list is more like helpful suggestions (demands) to the gift givers (enlightened ones) who may be in a quandary as to what I would like (extreme demands) for Xmas.

They are always free to give me whatever they wish, of course (not really).

For example, amongst my family I'm a known guitar player (Nocturne Atomic Brain), WH40k player/painter (Death Guard), cigar enthusiast (Arturo Fuente) & whiskey connoisseur (JW:Blue Label).

Clearly, my helpful guidance is a necessity to ensure that their thoughtful gift is successfully received. See?

BANNED

how about a LifeLine GI Joe figure and a bottle of Thunderbird....

Mighty Member

Sup.

Mmmmmm you are ticking off a lot of my boxes here.

I don't know what the OP is on about, but I thought the supposed "War on Christmas" was christian conservative Americans threatened Xmas had become a secular and commercial holiday.
    Which is a war they already lost, as indicated when those dragged the first Xmas tree into a house, and Coca-Cola replaced their god with their popular image of Santa Claus.

Truth is many Americans regardless of their belief (or none at all) jews, hindus, muslims buddhists, atheist, some who have never set foot in a church or cracked open a bible, everyone, have and will continue to celebrate Xmas their own way.
    Will fill the holiday with fun tradition, imagery, gifts, customs, and whimsical elements, that have absolutely NOTHING to do with anything in the bible. They will, and have every right to celebrates and find meaning in the national holiday their own way. Celebrate with love, for family, friends, and all humanity no matter their belief.
    That's what makes it a fun holiday for everyone!
    Some christians can't handle that, and it's them who have declared it as a "war!".
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-14-2017 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

Which is a war they already lost, as indicated when they dragged the first Xmas tree into a house, and Coca-Cola replaced their god with their popular image of Santa Claus.
    Truth is many Americans of every religion (or not) have and will continue to celebrate Xmas their own way, which has absolutely nothing to do with christ.
    This guy gets it.

My family invites the Muslim neighbors over every year so we can give them their gifts. They absolutely love the whole tree/crazy lights/15ft inflatable snow man outside the porch.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    This guy gets it.

My family invites the Muslim neighbors over every year so we can give them their gifts. They absolutely love the whole tree/crazy lights/15ft inflatable snow man outside the porch.
    Similar, we have an Egyptian family a couple doors down that really get into it

Similar, we have an Egyptian family a couple doors down that really get into it
    That reminds me of when I was stationed in Japan, that Christmas was a thing down there outside the base. Over the years I noticed it appears to be even bigger celebratory event in Japan.

Now it also appears Halloween is catching on in Japan. Weird, but that just means more Japanese cat-girls then it's an expanding positive American culture that will endear that country even more to me.

BANNED

I was stationed in Japan from 98-2000 and yes, they do love the holiday seasons there