Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    I have a long standing "Christmas List" policy since the days I had girlfriends before getting married.

I continue to stipulate (demand) that I be provided a list of things she wants/interested in having by creating a "List" using bookmarks linked to the website of said item. In return I will too will provide a highly detailed suitable ( crap I really want) list for my Xmas gifts.

Then tuck the whole thing under a folder marked, "GOLGO 13'S 2017 CHRISTMAS EXTRAGANZA". The idea is that I never want to hear, "...I don't know what sort of things you want, so I got you this instead..."

What sheer nonsense. I have no problem letting people know what I want for Christmas, so here is my list. Time to get cracking.

Also, when family ask her what do I want for Xmas she can offer my suggestions down to size, color & flavor profile.

I always win my, "War On Christmas". Every damn year.
    im just warm with yuletide cheer reading this post of joy

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    im just warm with yuletide cheer reading this post of joy
    I'm the gift that keeps on giving. Happy Holidays Invisible Man!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

War on Christmas? They'll have to answer to this guy

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Eh, just one viewing of Santa & The Ice Cream Bunny will have you cheering for the fat man's demise.

Whoever goes up against Christmas has to go through Luke Cage and his tiara first.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 10-27-2017 at 10:48 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Mighty Member

Sounds like the War on Christmas is off this year:

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/20...mas-trees.html

Starbucks’ holiday cup designs are often a source of controversy. When the cups weren’t Christmas-themed enough in previous years, critics accused the chain of being too politically correct, and taking part in the "war on Christmas." There don't seem to be any major complaints about this year's design, though it's still early.
    Although, one commenter had this to say:

A Christmas tree is not a religious symbol. It is not considered a religious symbol by any true Christian. It is nowhere in the bible. The Christmas tree is a German tradition that was slowly worked into the secular celebration of the holiday season. Yes, the Christian churches did embrace it as a way to convert non-Christians to Christianity as they have done with many other things, but it is not a religious symbol in any way.

I think the war is losing (with me, anyway), because I have bought many presents already this year!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I think the war is losing (with me, anyway), because I have bought many presents already this year!
    There is more than one way to War on Christmas! Take it from the Crimson Permanent Assurance or the Train Pirates!

WHO'S WITH ME?!

Well, yes, some people could consider that meaning the war on Christmas is winning on me, lol!

I guess it depends how one views it. Those getting the presents would say the war is losing, but my wallet is saying the war is winning, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Not at all. Everyone likes to receive, open Holiday presents yes?

Well, my way ensures that everyone gets something they really want, and don't we all want to give & receive the "perfect" gift? Of course we do.
    How can it be "the perfect gift" if the person getting it isn't surprised when they open it and the person buying it put no thought into it at all?

I don't see how that's a gift at all. It's more of "Hey, can you pick me up this from the store while you're out?"

As for the War on Christmas? I've got no problems with Christmas. I'll gladly enlist for the War Against Christmas Showing Up Before Halloween though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    How can it be "the perfect gift" if the person getting it isn't surprised when they open it and the person buying it put no thought into it at all?

I don't see how that's a gift at all. It's more of "Hey, can you pick me up this from the store while you're out?"
    you are not wrong

but if one is looking for a sterile and controlled holiday celebration, his method is sound

BANNED

Mixing paganism with christianity was a political move that made for good business. Millions of lives were lost and millions of dollars were made.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    Mixing paganism with christianity was a political move that made for good business. Millions of lives were lost and millions of dollars were made.
    Pretty sure the mighty Dollar came a few hundred years after that

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! (you get points for being ahead of your time)

My anniversary is on Dec 12th, my daughter's birthday is on the 20th, and my son's is on the 31st. My wallet is all for seeing the total defeat of Christmas.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum