Blue is mostly really good.
    Gold is OK.
    Jean is great.
    Generation X is great.
    Astonishing pretty decent.
    Agree with these.

Old Man Logan is boring
    Weapon X is stale
    Laura’s book is goddamn lame with crap art.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    dreadful

/10
    Oh come on!

Thank you for the replies!! It's nice to know that it's not just me who's been underwhelmed by Gold and Blue... Based on what you've all been saying I think I'll give Gen X, Iceman and Jean a look! It's such a shame that Gold and Blue aren't better... But decent enough just isn't good enough, especially when they're both twice monthly!! Will give Blue another look as I have #13 arriving any day now (have to order online as there's no local shop ), but seems like there's not really any point to checking out Gold?...
    Current Favourites: Ascender, Daredevil, Department Of Truth, Haha, Immortal Hulk, Luna and Strange Academy

Recent Favourites: Coffin Bound, Faithless, Gideon Falls and She Could Fly

They/Them

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LooneyKoala View Post
    Thank you for the replies!! It's nice to know that it's not just me who's been underwhelmed by Gold and Blue... Based on what you've all been saying I think I'll give Gen X, Iceman and Jean a look! It's such a shame that Gold and Blue aren't better... But decent enough just isn't good enough, especially when they're both twice monthly!! Will give Blue another look as I have #13 arriving any day now (have to order online as there's no local shop ), but seems like there's not really any point to checking out Gold?...
    X-men Blue 13-15 and X-men Gold 13-15.... That's one crossover: Mojo world

Read all issues or not. Reasing half of the story can be bad

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post

Don't they usually package all the relevant issues together in one trade in crossovers like that?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Don't they usually package all the relevant issues together in one trade in crossovers like that?
    Yes but he wrote:
    Will give Blue another look as I have #13 arriving any day now
    unless i made a mistake... he wants to read X-men Blue issue 13.
    I don't think that he will enjoy this issue without Gold 13

I think they've been great. Definitely an upgrade over the post-Secret Wars books that always seemed to be a strain and a chore for X-men fans of all types.

Blue and Gold have been solid and consistent. All-New Wolverine and Old Man Logan have maintained a high standard of quality. Jean Grey has been a fun ride every step of the way. Generation X has been quirky and fun. And while Astonishing X-men is still unfolding, the first few issues have been very promising.

Overall, I think ResurrXion has been a success. With Jean Grey, Wolverine, and Charles Xavier returning to the fold in 2018, I think the prospects are even better.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    If you check out any of the threads you will see people basically hate GOLD and are mixed to somewhat positive on BLUE

WEAPON X no idea what avg opinion on that is, for me personally its meh

I think GENERATION X is awesome and the best book, yes much better than ASTONISHING.

ASTONISHING has only been 4 issues people are jumping the gun saying it's so great tbh, issue 3 sucked. Issue 1 had amazing art that is why people went gaga over the book probably also they liked the characters (well besides Fantomex). To me it makes no sense why is Xavier alive, why does he seem evil, etc. Too much Old Man Logan focus for me, and I hate how the writer is using Angel as well. The focus on Mystique, Rogue, Bishop is good though
    Xavier being alive makes as much sense as Farouk being alive. Being a powerful telepath while physically dead his mind still survives in the telepaths dimensions (can't remember the actual name right now). I also think it's quite clear he is not evil. It's just an element of ambiguity the writer is using to increase the suspense. The maxi series itself is used to bring him back to life so it's obvious he is not evil.

It's not the relaunch fans wanted but it's the relaunch Marvel needed to do I think to blend things into Legacy going through January. I have no idea why Marvel can't just say screw it, we're just rebooting the universe. I hate reading the contrived and silly tie-ins from mega event to next mega event. I wish they'd just New 52 it.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I think they've been great. Definitely an upgrade over the post-Secret Wars books that always seemed to be a strain and a chore for X-men fans of all types.

Blue and Gold have been solid and consistent. All-New Wolverine and Old Man Logan have maintained a high standard of quality. Jean Grey has been a fun ride every step of the way. Generation X has been quirky and fun. And while Astonishing X-men is still unfolding, the first few issues have been very promising.

Overall, I think ResurrXion has been a success. With Jean Grey, Wolverine, and Charles Xavier returning to the fold in 2018, I think the prospects are even better.
    Meh. Bunncanny X-Men, even with Greg Land's art initially, is still far above both Gold and Blue imho.

Ranking the team books goes:

-Uncanny Avengers
    -Generation X
    -Astonishing X-Men
    -Weapon X
    -X-Men Blue

-X-Men Gold

Ranking solo books:

-All-New Wolverine
    -Iceman
    -Deadpool
    -Jean Grey (interchangeable)
    -Old Man Logan (interchangeable)

-Cable

BANNED

Great:
    -Astonishing XMEN (most x-meny of the books)
    -Uncanny Avengers (Rogue shines bright, and writer does nostalgia right)
    -Generation X (great new book not afraid to be weird and different)
    -All New Wolverine (Laura’s star keeps rising)
    -Old Man Logan (prob the most gritty x book)
    -Iceman (best character development, still no real superhero threats to Iceman though)

Good:
    -Jean Grey (kind of all over the place but it’s leading up to Jean’s return)
    -XMEN BLUE (best writer, but it shows he didn’t choose the cast he has)

Average:
    -XMEN GOLD (Best Cast, Best Opportunities yet nothing good? That's disappointing)
    -Cable (the most BORING first arc of all books, future looks promising with a new writer though..)
    -Weapon X (blah, only gets good sales because it’s a Wolverine book)

Ok, so I guess my ''decent enough' comment wasn't too welcomed haha. I should have more accurately said that from someone who's also new to the X-Books right now, that I've found the crossover decent enough' from someone who's just jumped onto the X-Line.

However, I've just read X-Men Blue # 13 and found it more enjoyable than X-Men Gold # 13 which mostly consistent of build up and nothing else. I think Mojo Worldwide may end up being good, but gathered from most of people's thoughts here, it'll probably be uneven overall from having Gold's writer attached to it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post

Yes, I'm well aware of that... But the quality of Blue 13 (which has now arrived and will be read shortly) will dictate whether I stick with the crossover and therefore possibly carry on with Blue afterwards
    Current Favourites: Ascender, Daredevil, Department Of Truth, Haha, Immortal Hulk, Luna and Strange Academy

They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by SignorMiracolo View Post
    Xavier being alive makes as much sense as Farouk being alive. Being a powerful telepath while physically dead his mind still survives in the telepaths dimensions (can't remember the actual name right now). I also think it's quite clear he is not evil. It's just an element of ambiguity the writer is using to increase the suspense. The maxi series itself is used to bring him back to life so it's obvious he is not evil.
    I'm wondering if it's really Xavier? (The black speech balloons have resulted in that suspicion...)
    But it probably is just him being written this way for suspense, you're definitely right about the ambiguity in it.

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    It's not the relaunch fans wanted but it's the relaunch Marvel needed to do I think to blend things into Legacy going through January. I have no idea why Marvel can't just say screw it, we're just rebooting the universe. I hate reading the contrived and silly tie-ins from mega event to next mega event. I wish they'd just New 52 it.
    Personally I'd rather the continuity stays as it is, but just with better writing and better overall stories. But then I guess, just like the New 52, they could keep all the good stuff in continuity and just get rid of the bad stuff.

They/Them

BANNED

The writing in Gold is lacking.

Blue is still about the O5 and now every alternate reality or universe character. It's stupid. The O5 need to go.

Generation X is garbage.

Astonishing is the better of the books but still has many plotholes and is written by someone who ignores continuity like it's his mission from God.

Weapon X is ok at best but has now spawned a Weapon H book that nobody wants at all.

Not a fan of solos

I refuse to even look at the Iceman solo. Talk about contrived sjw fan service

Jeen grey solo is not the real Jean and it's marvel and Xmen hypocrisy at its best

Cable is just boring and using the played out trope of time travel

I'm ready for another reboot or relaunch. I guess ai can say though that this better than the last mess we had to go through