Mighty Member

Default Batman TAS episode 10 talkback: Two-Face 1 & 2

Another one of my favorite episodes and quite a brilliant one! great animation by Akira's TMS who known to make solid animation and fantastic writing with mature themes even on psychological issues of split personality.

Who else thought Richard Moll was fantastic as Harvey Dent/Two-Face even John Vernon as Rupert Thorne? i did! i knew Vernon as a kid from Killer Klowns from Outer Space, Animal House, A-Team, Curtains, I'm Gonna Git you Sucka and other stuff and since i'm a 80s/early 90s kid i knew Moll from House (1985) (Anyone remember that movie?) where he was Ben and also Bull from Nightcourt, then i saw the credits when i was 11 when i taped the episode. Ah ah, i knew it was him.

Quite a tragic episode on a man who's other personality takes over and how revenge can be bad.

Spectacular Member swing kinker's Avatar

In 1995 an 11 year old me did a talk at my primary school about this two-parter such was it's effect on me. Absolutely loved it, still do
    https://www.bigglasgowcomicpage.com/.../kinkerkorner/ My pop culture lists. Got an idea for a list? Gimme a shout.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Still the best onscreen version of Two-Face for me (when it comes to the written page its GRucka's version for me)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Still the best onscreen version of Two-Face for me (when it comes to the written page its GRucka's version for me)
    I feel the same way.

Who else grew up with Nightcourt and House (1985 horror film)?

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    I feel the same way.

Who else grew up with Nightcourt and House (1985 horror film)?
    I didn't but Ragemaster and Wicked Stepmother do sound interesting

Mighty Member

He was also in Evilspeak as the evil Spanish priest

Haven't seen Batman vs Two-Face yet, so might favourite version might change (but hope it doesn't)

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

This was, for me, when B:TAS really started kicking things into high gear. I was already in love with the show at this point, but man, they just nailed the scarred psyches of Batman's rogues gallery. Two-Face was always a stand-out, and yes, Richard Moll was incredible playing both personalities.

I grew up watching Night Court and Bull was one of my favorite characters! It was surreal when I realized Richard Moll voiced Harvey/Two-Face.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    This was, for me, when B:TAS really started kicking things into high gear. I was already in love with the show at this point, but man, they just nailed the scarred psyches of Batman's rogues gallery. Two-Face was always a stand-out, and yes, Richard Moll was incredible playing both personalities.

I grew up watching Night Court and Bull was one of my favorite characters! It was surreal when I realized Richard Moll voiced Harvey/Two-Face.
    Me too when i saw the credits after i taped the episode at 11 i saw the name and it's Bull and Ben (from 1985's horror film House).

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swing kinker View Post
    In 1995 an 11 year old me did a talk at my primary school about this two-parter such was it's effect on me. Absolutely loved it, still do
    That's awesome!

Incredible Member

A very good two parter with some great animation (the scene in the psychologist's office especially). It was a nice touch to have Bruce & Harvey be friends before his transformation to add an element of tragedy to Harvey (was BTAS the first to have them be friends?)

One thing I noticed when re watching BTAS again was that Harvey here is all ready to marry Grace when only a few episodes ago he was ready to marry Poison Ivy!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    A very good two parter with some great animation (the scene in the psychologist's office especially). It was a nice touch to have Bruce & Harvey be friends before his transformation to add an element of tragedy to Harvey (was BTAS the first to have them be friends?)

One thing I noticed when re watching BTAS again was that Harvey here is all ready to marry Grace when only a few episodes ago he was ready to marry Poison Ivy!
    Yes indeed after he quit Ivy after finding out about her, he went with Grace.