Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Those covers are pretty solid.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianBane View Post
    Those covers are pretty solid.
    The one with Orca pulling him further under water really reminds me of Titans Hunt #2 cover. Think that's deliberate?

Those poor kids .

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

I've been really liking this new Nightwing Series

I 've missed Raptor and I will miss Seeley

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    The one with Orca pulling him further under water really reminds me of Titans Hunt #2 cover. Think that's deliberate?
    I think that's quite likely, which makes it even better honestly

Always Rakzo

Decent enough. Again, classic "closing time" chapter that prepares us for the end with several plot-points being brought together.

Solid art from Mendonca as well.

Wait, so thats it with Dick and Helena? That seemed too quick and easy.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-18-2017 at 10:45 AM.

Mighty Member

Boooooooo, I guess that's to clear baggage for the new writing team.

Astonishing Member

That is definitely not "it" with Dick and Helena, though I understand her switch getting flipped. It's interesting to see Raptor's "influence" on Dick in the early chapters messing with his romance now later, because of his willingness to work with the lesser of two evils going completely against Helena's hardline stance against gangsters. Nice echoes of "Spyral-era" Grayson facing off against the other Blockbuster a while back, too. Seeley has done really well handling Dick's relationshipping and Defacer gets good stuff to do here, too.

I didn't see "Pigeon works with Raptor" coming at all but it's SO OBVIOUS in hindsight that I'm kicking myself. Seeley's got some good knack for bringing neat connections together that I don't always see coming. (Same happened back with Doctor Hurt, before I ever had any inkling that Metal's villain was Barbatos).
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

I like morally complex Blockbuster .

That was a logical reason for Helena to breakup with Dick and to beat the snot out of him, but coming after they've only really been together for, like, five minutes, it felt wayyyyy too soon. But I guess it makes more sense that Seeley would want to bring an end to something he started before he leaves the book.

Helena mentioning that she learned to never have complete faith in anything but God is probably the first time her faith has come up in forever. I was almost starting to think she didn't believe in God anymore.

Pigeon and Raptor go so well together that I'm also surprised I didn't see a team-up between them coming.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like morally complex Blockbuster .

That was a logical reason for Helena to breakup with Dick and to beat the snot out of him, but coming after they've only really been together for, like, five minutes, it felt wayyyyy too soon. But I guess it makes more sense that Seeley would want to bring an end to something he started before he leaves the book.

Helena mentioning that she learned to never have complete faith in anything but God is probably the first time her faith has come up in forever. I was almost starting to think she didn't believe in God anymore.

Pigeon and Raptor go so well together that I'm also surprised I didn't see a team-up between them coming.
    The Benson's have handled her faith weirdly. Its like they remember it sporadically but then have her say things that don't match.

I get Seeley is wrapping up his story lines, but I'm just not feeling this arc at all. My dislike for Bludhaven is really pushing its way to the forefront while trying to read this arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I get Seeley is wrapping up his story lines, but I'm just not feeling this arc at all. My dislike for Bludhaven is really pushing its way to the forefront while trying to read this arc.
    whaat is it that you don't like about Bludhaven btw?