Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
Worst would have to be Act of God. Clark does nothing but ope and sit around until Lois divorces him, then he goes to Wonder Woman for comfort. I like the story overall, but it's treatment of Superman and its veneration of Batman (that's why he was always the best of us) were poor decisions.

Honorable mention to Superman Returns. They have to choose between keeping Superman a symbol of moral authority and making him a deadbeat unmarried father. They can't have it both ways. Made even worse for reminding me of the Scott-Jean-Maddie fiasco.

Haven't seen Supergirl version since I quit that terrible show early on, but if their treatment of Superman is consistent with the overall quality of the show then he probably sucks.

DCEU Superman: I like what they're going for, but the execution fell completely flat.

Nu-52-Had a lot of squandered potential and really fell flat once Morrison's run ended. Would be interesting to see what could have been done with this version without the editorial mandated crossovers and events.

Post-Crisis, Lois and Clark, and DCAU Superman are all great. Season 1 of Justice League was problematic, as was season 4 of Lois and Clark, but overall these versions were very well written with good character work and interesting stories.
I had completely forgotten about this! Which goes to show how pointless it was. It wasn't even trying to make a "point" about how vulnerable Superman is or what not, it was just another "Batman is better than everyone else!" fanfic all over again. Basically everybody loses it but Batman. Which is completely ridiculous given that half the team were once ordinary humans. It wouldn't be that hard to re-adjust to normal life. And wasn't this the post-Crisis version of Superman anyway? Didn't he spend the first half of his life without powers? Superman becomes an alcoholic, Wonder Woman becomes a drug addict and tried to commit suicide. The whole thing reads like it was written by a Marvel fan!