View Poll Results: Should adult Scott and Jean EVER get back together?

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

84 48.84%
  • No

58 33.72%
  • It depends

30 17.44%
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

No please. When Jean comes back, let's not immediately ship her off with someone. Even after awhile and beyond, I just don't think they would've worked out even if Jean survived Morrison's run. I don't see how much would necessarily have changed considering Scott became even more radicalized than before.

Amazing Member

They should retcon Cyclops cheating on Jean. Like show that Emma was manipulating him or something. Then I can accept Jean taking back Cyke. If not, then once a cheater, always a cheater and Jean deserves better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kookykrumbs View Post
    They should retcon Cyclops cheating on Jean. Like show that Emma was manipulating him or something. Then I can accept Jean taking back Cyke. If not, then once a cheater, always a cheater and Jean deserves better.
    Did he cheat on Emma? Nope. So I guess that kinda blows that theory out of the water.

The whole value of reconciling them would be to get past the affair, otherwise what's the point. That's what would make it interesting. Waving the magic wand to remove Scott's responsibility is not interesting. Jean and Scott tend to actually fare the best with their backs against the wall though so I think they could figure out a way to get past it.

I'm not strongly opposed to the idea but I think this ship has sailed. And I like the Cyclops+Emma power couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Did he cheat on Emma? Nope. So I guess that kinda blows that theory out of the water.

The whole value of reconciling them would be to get past the affair, otherwise what's the point. That's what would make it interesting. Waving the magic wand to remove Scott's responsibility is not interesting. Jean and Scott tend to actually fare the best with their backs against the wall though so I think they could figure out a way to get past it.
    I agree, I don't want the infidelity to get waived away.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I agree, I don't want the infidelity to get waived away.
    It shouldn't. It needs to be addressed one way or the other. Whether Jean and Scott eventually get back together or not, the whole messy thing needs to be confronted, dealt with and moved past.

As for Jean revealing that she pushed Scott to live, I don't think that needs to come out. It'd be too cruel to both Emma and Scott (and I don't see Jean doing that) that (supposedly) the only reason they got together was Jean (initially) forcing it. I like to think that even if Jean did push Scott past his guilt/grief, the relationship he had with Emma was eventually genuine.

Fantastic Member

Nope. I was someone who while not a fan, had an appreciation for them as THE X-Couple, but the end was far too sordid, tacky and ultimately, humiliating for the Jean Grey character. I don't think I could ever enjoy her again if she were to get back with Scott Summers. In all honesty, I don't even think they should be friends. They should work together IF it's an all-hands-on-deck kind of situation but that's it. Re-reading some Jean storylines, I don't see where all the "She's so angelic" talk comes from. She's actually an entertaining character in that she tends to hold grudges and can be quite childish. She was robotic during Morrison's run but usually she was not a pure to the core Pollyanna.

Anyway, back on topic, No reconciliation. Jean's next romance should be a clean-slate relationship. Some of my hopeful contenders are Steve Rogers, Johnny Storm, Bruce Banner, Clint Barton are all gentlemen I could see Jean playing very well against.

As for Jean revealing that she pushed Scott to live, I don't think that needs to come out. It'd be too cruel to both Emma and Scott (and I don't see Jean doing that) that (supposedly) the only reason they got together was Jean (initially) forcing it. I like to think that even if Jean did push Scott past his guilt/grief, the relationship he had with Emma was eventually genuine.
    I see this sentiment a lot and I don't understand it. After what Emma did to her and the impending gloating of "Scott left you for me" I have know doubt, we'll get from Emma, why wouldn't Jean take the wind out of her sail once and for all. I don't think she owes either Scott or Emma anything. I don't think it would be her immediate go to but if Emma was asking for it (which she will), I like when Jean doesn't take the high road and gives as good as she gets.
    Last edited by PowerPlay25; 10-15-2017 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    It shouldn't. It needs to be addressed one way or the other. Whether Jean and Scott eventually get back together or not, the whole messy thing needs to be confronted, dealt with and moved past.

The relationship was genuine but how it started wasn't. Scott was prepared to walk away. I think Jean tried to remove Scott's guilt and grief which was holding him back from being with Emma. I agree though that even if Jean remembered what she did, should would keep that knowledge to herself. Talk about one hell of a secret though. You know that would get out somehow...

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    Nope. I was someone who while not a fan, had an appreciation for them as THE X-Couple, but the end was far too sordid, tacky and ultimately, humiliating for the Jean Grey character. I don't think I could ever enjoy her again if she were to get back with Scott Summers. In all honesty, I don't even think they should be friends. They should work together IF it's an all-hands-on-deck kind of situation but that's it. Re-reading some Jean storylines, I don't see where all the "She's so angelic" talk comes from. She's actually an entertaining character in that she tends to hold grudges and can be quite childish. She was robotic during Morrison's run but usually she was not a pure to the core Pollyanna.

Anyway, back on topic, No reconciliation. Jean's next romance should be a clean-slate relationship. Some of my hopeful contenders are Steve Rogers, Johnny Storm, Bruce Banner, Clint Barton are all gentlemen I could see Jean playing very well against.

I see this sentiment a lot and I don't understand it. After what Emma did to her and the impending gloating of "Scott left you for me" I have know doubt, we'll get from Emma, why wouldn't Jean take the wind out of her sail once and for all. I don't think she owes either Scott or Emma anything. I don't think it would be her immediate go to but if Emma was asking for it (which she will), I like when Jean doesn't take the high road and gives as good as she gets.
    Among your picks I'd go with Clint. And as far as I can tell, there's a minority of Jean fans who can't accept any criticism and treat Jean like angel. Of course, we all know she isn't.

If Jean reveals what she did, I honestly think she should get flak for it. At least a little, I mean, she brain-washed someone through space-time. Someone who's been consistently manipulated and brain-washed before. How about at least a frowny-face sticker on her report card?

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

Why does everyone keep trying to push a relationship on Jean right when she's coming back to life? For all the talk about Jean needing to be her own person, people just keep making the same exact threads over about Jean/Logan or Jean/Scott. She's not even alive yet. The answer should be no, but if they got back together I want it to a realistic and long thing.

I voted it depends.

The issues between them need to be resolved in story.

The writers need to be able to write them as equal partners, without feeling the need to diminish either one in order to prop up the other.

If that can be done, I'd love to see them back together. Otherwise.....no.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian_Soul View Post
    Why does everyone keep trying to push a relationship on Jean right when she's coming back to life? For all the talk about Jean needing to be her own person, people just keep making the same exact threads over about Jean/Logan or Jean/Scott. She's not even alive yet. The answer should be no, but if they got back together I want it to a realistic and long thing.
    This one's my bad, I said people didn't want Jott, but had to amend that I don't see much support for it.

This one's my bad, I said people didn't want Jott, but had to amend that I don't see much support for it.
    It's okay, but I'm just getting a little annoyed about the all threads being made recently asking about who Jean should hook up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian_Soul View Post
    It's okay, but I'm just getting a little annoyed about the all threads being made recently asking about who Jean should hook up with.
    You can check my posts, I don't want her with anyone at first, but that's because I feel that it's inevitable Marvel will put her with someone eventually.

You can check my posts, I don't want her with anyone at first, but that's because I feel that it's inevitable Marvel will put her with someone eventually.
    Oh I know you don't want Jean with anyone. I don't either even though it's what they've gonna do, so I tend to be optimistic in these situations or at least hopeful. So for now in saying no to Jott.