View Poll Results: Should adult Scott and Jean EVER get back together?

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

84 48.84%
  • No

58 33.72%
  • It depends

30 17.44%
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Only if Scott gets to play with Logan on the side.

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

Jean and Scott have long been a favorite ship of mine. However, I'd like to see Jean come back and have some time in the sun and on her own before Scott returns from the dead.
    If they do get back together, I'd be much happier to see him show some bit of remorse and a little groveling for forgiveness for cheating on her in the first place before and if she takes him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_Lady View Post
    Jean and Scott have long been a favorite ship of mine. However, I'd like to see Jean come back and have some time in the sun and on her own before Scott returns from the dead.
    If they do get back together, I'd be much happier to see him show some bit of remorse and a little groveling for forgiveness for cheating on her in the first place before and if she takes him back.
    I agree time needs to be taken. If this happens quickly, or happens easily, it won't be earned. I would suggest this is years down the road. Likely more than a few. I'm willing to wait because I still believe it's the end game for both of them and the longer it takes, the better it will be.

As far as the groveling I actually think it goes beyond that. Asking for forgiveness and showing remorse is one thing and of course its required. Beyond that solving the underlying problems in their marriage is what's required. That will take them both. Scott can't solve those problems on his own. If Scott just slaps an "I promise I won't do it again" bandaid on their marriage it will end in another train wreck eventually or at least is should.

They should always get back together.

Yes. They should.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    I see this sentiment a lot and I don't understand it. After what Emma did to her and the impending gloating of "Scott left you for me" I have know doubt, we'll get from Emma, why wouldn't Jean take the wind out of her sail once and for all. I don't think she owes either Scott or Emma anything. I don't think it would be her immediate go to but if Emma was asking for it (which she will), I like when Jean doesn't take the high road and gives as good as she gets.
    Jean got Emma back for the affair by taking a stroll through Emma' mind and if Emma does gloat about being with Scott I still don't think Jean would resort to throwing in her face the reason Scott moved on. It's too low a move and the reason for Jean's actions was to prevent a horrible future for Scott and for her friends. Throwing it in Emma's face turns it into something else. I may be wrong but to me it's just not a move Jean would make. Most likely some writer is going to be unable to resist a Jean/Emma showdown but I for one, hope that little tidbit is something that doesn't come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    The relationship was genuine but how it started wasn't. Scott was prepared to walk away. I think Jean tried to remove Scott's guilt and grief which was holding him back from being with Emma. I agree though that even if Jean remembered what she did, should would keep that knowledge to herself. Talk about one hell of a secret though. You know that would get out somehow...
    Poor choice of words, the relationship was genuine, you're right. I was looking at it from the point where they both admitted that they loved each other and from there, the relationship became "more serious" for lack of a better word.

What, exactly, was so great about Cyclops and Jean being together in the first place?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

No, Jott no more!

Scemma forever!

Jean should stay with Logan. He deserves this prize.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kookykrumbs View Post
    They should retcon Cyclops cheating on Jean. Like show that Emma was manipulating him or something. Then I can accept Jean taking back Cyke. If not, then once a cheater, always a cheater and Jean deserves better.
    Yeah, and they should retcon Jean cheating on Cyke with Logan. If not, then once a cheater, always a cheater and Scott deserves better.

But, then again, Jean will never be able to resist the Logan's kisses. So...
    Last edited by CuteClops; 10-16-2017 at 01:01 AM.

BANNED

To be honest, I am not sure (a) modern Jean would recognize the modern Scott (if he was alive).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    No, Jott no more!

Scemma forever!

Jean should stay with Logan. He deserves this prize.
    Jean is not a prize.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    What, exactly, was so great about Cyclops and Jean being together in the first place?
    Originally the attraction was that the shy and nervous kid, that Cyke was, managed to eventually grow a pair and went home with the prom-queen.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Hizashi is convinced the majority of fans don't want Jott back. Ever.

I'm skeptical. And, I'm curious. Obviously, we can't poll all of X-Men fandom, but we can poll this forum.

So, what do you say, folks? Should Scott and Jean--the adult versions, to be clear, NOT Tyke and Jeen--ever get back together?
    This forum is oversaturated with Cyke fans and Storm fans, this poll is skewed from the get go.
    That being said, my position is this.

No.
    NO.
    Big, FAT NO.
    No.
    Not now, not EVER.
    ...again...
    NO.

Let them be friends at best, and move on with their lives.
    Actually, Scott already did, so Jean has to do the same.
    Here, that's my opinion.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kookykrumbs View Post
    They should retcon Cyclops cheating on Jean. Like show that Emma was manipulating him or something. Then I can accept Jean taking back Cyke. If not, then once a cheater, always a cheater and Jean deserves better.
    Agreed. Or he was screwed up by the Apocalypse possession. With that said Jean doesn't need to be with anyone right away. Develop her more, then revisit her love life.