View Poll Results: Should adult Scott and Jean EVER get back together?

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

84 48.84%
  • No

58 33.72%
  • It depends

30 17.44%
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I wonder if the next schism will take place between the female counterparts of cyclops and wolverine over retconing scemma happening due to Jean 'ruining' Emma by giving her such a strong tp suggestion along with cyclops that it revised her personality to a certain extent which forced her to stick to him even when she didn't want to. Wonder whose side will Scott choose if push came to shove over the issue if it came to light.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 10-16-2017 at 04:17 AM.

Emma and Jean are far more interesting than Cyclop and wolverine....So I would be more for developing their antagonistic relation, than go back in old territory with Jean and scott...
    Scott and Jean need long rest...they will eventually get bac together, but that need to take a long time, that need to be deserved, in the meantime Jean should branch to the rest of the Marvel univers and make new friendship, new love interests and new enemies...

Quote Originally Posted by perdid06 View Post
    Emma and Jean are far more interesting than Cyclop and wolverine....So I would be more for developing their antagonistic relation, than go back in old territory with Jean and scott...
    Scott and Jean need long rest...they will eventually get bac together, but that need to take a long time, that need to be deserved, in the meantime Jean should branch to the rest of the Marvel univers and make new friendship, new love interests and new enemies...
    Yeah, I can get behind that approach. Let Cyclops and Jean develop on their own for a while. Then, let them come together again on their own accord. It shouldn't be forced. Meaningful romance cannot and should not be forced. We're already seeing that to some extent in X-men Blue. I think with Jean coming back, there will be opportunities for her to develop on her own for a while. Then, when adult Cyclops comes back, it can happen naturally. It's just a matter of Marvel allowing it to blossom and not trying to force it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I'm tired of schisms. Can Scemma/Jogan or any combination of the foursome lead two different factions of mutants? Sure. But it is high time all of them stopped being so inherently bitter and rotten to each other about it. You don't have to see eye-to-eye on everything or work together 24/7. But for the love of god understand that your basic goal is common so at least try to be decent human beings to each other.

The best part of Morrisson new x-men run was the interaction between Jean and Emma....there is so much to do with jean and emma
    At that point am not interested to read scott and Jean

The answer is Yes. But maybe in 10 or 15 years time. They need to be apart from each other and develop separately for now.

Is Jean considered a widow? Is Scott considered a widower?

Fantastic Member

Yes but I bet Disney would hook up Jean with an inhuman or an Avenger.
    Dreaded, run from it, Bendis still arrives to ruin your canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I'm tired of schisms. Can Scemma/Jogan or any combination of the foursome lead two different factions of mutants? Sure. But it is high time all of them stopped being so inherently bitter and rotten to each other about it. You don't have to see eye-to-eye on everything or work together 24/7. But for the love of god understand that your basic goal is common so at least try to be decent human beings to each other.
    I haven't read all things X-Men, and all parties share responsibility for the Schism, but I'm pretty sure that Scott and his people were more willing to work with Logan's side. I understand that Xavier's death put a strain on Scott's standing with the "proper" X-Men (and that's putting it lightly), but he didn't antagonize them. They worked with him too- albeit very begrudgingly.

Quote Originally Posted by perdid06 View Post
    To you maybe, the poll says otherwise. And it's already been a long time. How many years have they been apart/Jean deceased now? Seriously...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    To you maybe, the poll says otherwise. And it's already been a long time. How many years have they been apart/Jean deceased now? Seriously...
    Jean died in New X-Men vol. 1 #150, dated February 2004. That was more than 13 1/2 years ago.

Scott and Jean haven't been a functional couple since Eve of Destruction which ended in June 2001, just before Morrison's run. That was 16 years ago. To put that in perspective, that's the length of Claremont's original run (1975-1991) and roughly the same amount of time as between Giant-Size X-Men #1 and X-Men vol. 2 #1.

Jott has been on the rocks for a very, very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Jean died in New X-Men vol. 1 #150, dated February 2004. That was more than 13 1/2 years ago.

Scott and Jean haven't been a functional couple since Eve of Destruction which ended in June 2001, just before Morrison's run. That was 16 years ago. To put that in perspective, that's the length of Claremont's original run (1975-1991) and roughly the same amount of time as between Giant-Size X-Men #1 and X-Men vol. 2 #1.

Jott has been on the rocks for a very, very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Jean is not a prize.
    Ya'll treat her like she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Ya'll treat her like she is.
    That's what love triangles do to a character. That's a big reason why the Cyclops/Jean/Wolverine love triangle was so toxic to everyone involved. It turned Cyclops into an obstacle, Wolverine into a creepy stalker, and Jean Grey into a prize. Cyclops/Jean didn't really have that problem before that love triangle was forced into the mix. So long as Marvel insists on pushing that horrible love triangle, it'll continue to plague all those involved.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    To be honest, I am not sure (a) modern Jean would recognize the modern Scott (if he was alive).
    It seems to me in the quiet moments he's pretty similar. I think about his conversation with Jeen in UXM Vol 3, his little get together in UXM 600. These moments remind me a lot of classic Cyke. He's definitely changed though, but I don't think so much that she wouldn't recognize him. Logan said she'd be afraid of him during Schism but I'm verily certain that was just him lashing out.

The truth is that she hasn’t been around. The stakes have gone up consistently for mutants since Jean died. I think she would probably understand the changes he's had to go through, even if she didn't agree with all the outcomes. The fact that he's dead changes this pretty significantly. Hopefully her entire knowledge of what's Scott's done in her absence doesn't come from Logan, Hank and Ororo. We already know what they did to Tyke.