View Poll Results: Should adult Scott and Jean EVER get back together?

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

84 48.84%
  • No

58 33.72%
  • It depends

30 17.44%
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

CBR is full of Scott/Jean shippers who hate Scemma.
    Seems to be generally reflective of olden X-Men fandom.
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Ya'll treat her like she is.
    As long as it's just the fans that shouldn't worry you. We don't write the books .

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    It seems to me in the quiet moments he's pretty similar. I think about his conversation with Jeen in UXM Vol 3, his little get together in UXM 600. These moments remind me a lot of classic Cyke. He's definitely changed though, but I don't think so much that she wouldn't recognize him. Logan said she'd be afraid of him during Schism but I'm verily certain that was just him lashing out.

The truth is that she hasn’t been around. The stakes have gone up consistently for mutants since Jean died. I think she would probably understand the changes he's had to go through, even if she didn't agree with all the outcomes. The fact that he's dead changes this pretty significantly. Hopefully her entire knowledge of what's Scott's done in her absence doesn't come from Logan, Hank and Ororo. We already know what they did to Tyke.
    Well I don't really where she have to get those info without get all the "hate" almost everyone has for him because It seems that everyone hate Cyke right know. And I'm pretty sure Jean will have the worst impression of Scott just like Tyke except Tyke didn't know all the good Cyke did when Jean live through a lot of this part. But will see how the writer will tell this.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Eventually, yeah, I think Scott and Jean should end up together; however, assuming they bring Scott back, it shouldn't be any time soon.

They, especially Jean, need to fly solo for a while: I mean, Jean's been gone almost 14 years. We don't even know who she is at this point, so the last thing that needs to happen is her getting paired off with someone, especially if that someone is Logan because F^*% all that noise.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    I actually like both pairings: I just like Scott/Jean more.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

i don't think jean/scott it's an old fans thing.
    for example i started reading x-men like almost two years ago, and many of the x-men stories i had to read in order to catch up had jean and scott together. i dont know, is just that it is still so fresh in my mind.
    maybe older readers or long time fans forgot about it because for that fans it was like 14 years ago

Sure, they should have another chance. Jean was still loving Scott and he was still loving her. If they were back together, perhaps it would work and perhaps it wouldn't. But at least they could resolve their feelings for each others which they couldn't before because Jean was killed. They both deserve to be able to resolve their situation, one way or another.

It seems to me in the quiet moments he's pretty similar. I think about his conversation with Jeen in UXM Vol 3, his little get together in UXM 600. These moments remind me a lot of classic Cyke. He's definitely changed though, but I don't think so much that she wouldn't recognize him. Logan said she'd be afraid of him during Schism but I'm verily certain that was just him lashing out.

The truth is that she hasn’t been around. The stakes have gone up consistently for mutants since Jean died. I think she would probably understand the changes he's had to go through, even if she didn't agree with all the outcomes. The fact that he's dead changes this pretty significantly. Hopefully her entire knowledge of what's Scott's done in her absence doesn't come from Logan, Hank and Ororo. We already know what they did to Tyke.
    All we can do is hope.

...Hopefully her entire knowledge of what's Scott's done in her absence doesn't come from Logan, Hank and Ororo. We already know what they did to Tyke.
    Agreed. Hopefully, she'll be able to find Emma and get the real skinny on what happened.

Vocally it's the opposite around here. The Marvel progressives of this site, if I may be so bold, are very vocal about change change change in almost all facets of X-books. If something works why change it I say! Rogue and Gambit have incredible chemistry, stop trying to change that with cheap hookups. Scott and Jean were meant for each other and have a great dynamic, stop trying to change it and throw Logan or Emma in the mix. Why can't Marvel couples just be happy and move through life-changing events together? It cheapens marriage vows for one thing. Yes, it happens in real life but it's NEVER a good thing and so why do we glorify it in comics?

Give kids something positive to look up to.

Yup. There are some couples that should be and this is one of them. I'd rank Scott and Jean right under Peter and Mary Jane.

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Vocally it's the opposite around here. The Marvel progressives of this site, if I may be so bold, are very vocal about change change change in almost all facets of X-books. If something works why change it I say! Rogue and Gambit have incredible chemistry, stop trying to change that with cheap hookups. Scott and Jean were meant for each other and have a great dynamic, stop trying to change it and throw Logan or Emma in the mix. Why can't Marvel couples just be happy and move through life-changing events together? It cheapens marriage vows for one thing. Yes, it happens in real life but it's NEVER a good thing and so why do we glorify it in comics?

Give kids something positive to look up to.
    I couldn't agree more. Scott and Jean's wedding vows were pretty hard core. Funny side note... there was not "til death do us part" . Foreshadowing?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Jean is not a prize.
    Yes she is. Unfortunately. At least in this forum, or even in X-books. See how many threads about "Who's staying with Jean? Logan, Scott or someone else?"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    All we can do is hope.
    I wouldn't get your hopes up. Jean will be joining the "Haaaaate Cyclops and Emma" team.

I couldn't agree more. Scott and Jean's wedding vows were pretty hard core. Funny side note... there was not "til death do us part" . Foreshadowing?
    Sometimes I wonder just how far ahead Marvel plans its storylines haha