View Poll Results: Should adult Scott and Jean EVER get back together?

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

84 48.84%
  • No

58 33.72%
  • It depends

30 17.44%
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    I wouldn't get your hopes up. Jean will be joining the "Haaaaate Cyclops and Emma" team.
    Well, now that you've said it, it's going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Vocally it's the opposite around here. The Marvel progressives of this site, if I may be so bold, are very vocal about change change change in almost all facets of X-books. If something works why change it I say! Rogue and Gambit have incredible chemistry, stop trying to change that with cheap hookups. Scott and Jean were meant for each other and have a great dynamic, stop trying to change it and throw Logan or Emma in the mix. Why can't Marvel couples just be happy and move through life-changing events together? It cheapens marriage vows for one thing. Yes, it happens in real life but it's NEVER a good thing and so why do we glorify it in comics?

Give kids something positive to look up to.
    Scott and Jean is not positive anymore,. would be something to avoid

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    CBR is full of Scott/Jean shippers who hate Scemma.
    Seems to be generally reflective of olden X-Men fandom.
    I'm not a Jott fan but also hate Scemma because is a dumb couple
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-16-2017 at 12:56 PM.

BANNED

I don't think they should do anything at first. Maybe later but I'd want some time for both of them to establish themselves without being in any relationships right off the bat

BANNED

To be honest I'm actually more intrigued by the Age of X Scott and Frenzy being together. Or maybe even Psylocke

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DreadnoughtHelldiver View Post
    To be honest I'm actually more intrigued by the Age of X Scott and Frenzy being together. Or maybe even Psylocke
    ew, scott doesn't need more relationships, they always end bad and make his character look even worse
    the girl ends up crazy (emma), dead (jean) or crazy then dead (maddie)

just fix one of the past ones ( preferably jean after she had explored other relationships)

Quote Originally Posted by DreadnoughtHelldiver View Post
    I'd take Basilisk Scott over Tyke. Probably wouldn't be handled well either, though.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Agreed. Or he was screwed up by the Apocalypse possession. With that said Jean doesn't need to be with anyone right away. Develop her more, then revisit her love life.
    Apocalypse is what I would have used. I would have done it as soon as Morrison left. But that was a long time ago.

Someone said wait 10 or 15 years? Like Fubar said, it's been about that long already. Just a bit surprised that someone who wants them back together would want to wait that long. Well, if the poll is any indication a decent amount want them back together. Didn't expect that high a %.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Originally the attraction was that the shy and nervous kid, that Cyke was, managed to eventually grow a pair and went home with the prom-queen.
    Sounds a lot like the Spider-Man/Mary Jane relationship from the Spider-Man franchise. Yet that one has generally remained popular over the years despite being written out of the core comics, while in X-Men, the Cyclops/Jean one has gone the same way but seems to have more controversy attached to it (or at least has other scenarios that seriously rival it). You have to wonder why that is.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    While Emma was crying for him on IvX, Scott and Jean were fucking on the White Hot Room.
    And Jean was thinking of Wolverine during it, lol.

Voted it depends, if it happens it should be a slow build. If Scott just got resurrected and they immediately hooked up I'd call bullshit.

Personally I'd prefer them to just move on from each other.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Sounds a lot like the Spider-Man/Mary Jane relationship from the Spider-Man franchise. Yet that one has generally remained popular over the years despite being written out of the core comics, while in X-Men, the Cyclops/Jean one has gone the same way but seems to have more controversy attached to it (or at least has other scenarios that seriously rival it). You have to wonder why that is.
    Because Mary Jane isn't a fan-favorite superhero in her own right and she wasn't killed because some sexist fanboys in the Marvel offices thought she overshadows the guy too much.

And no one had a problem with Peter/MJ besides manbabies who feel like Spider-Man needs a harem to be cool.

Peter/MJ can easily come back without it being gross and without ignoring continuity. They were undone by a demon and there was no big show made about Mary Jane being too useless/lame for Peter, even though that's how Quesada and co felt.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Because Mary Jane isn't a fan-favorite superhero in her own right and she wasn't killed because some sexist fanboys in the Marvel offices thought she overshadows the guy too much.

And no one had a problem with Peter/MJ besides manbabies who feel like Spider-Man needs a harem to be cool.

Peter/MJ can easily come back without it being gross and without ignoring continuity. They were undone by a demon and there was no big show made about Mary Jane being too useless/lame for Peter, even though that's how Quesada and co felt.
    Really well put

I can't stand Scott and Jean together, the pair became toxic because Cyclops became a toxic character and all the crap it did to Jean.
    they just can't come back like nothing happned

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Really well put

I can't stand Scott and Jean together, the pair became toxic because Cyclops became a toxic character and all the crap it did to Jean.
    they just can't come back like nothing happned
    Scott's not a toxic character, unless written by incompetent douchebags ( Morrison).

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian_Soul View Post
    Scott's not a toxic character, unless written by incompetent douchebags ( Morrison).
    I would agree, but I don't like using "blame the writer" as an argument unless others use it first. Scott acted poorly during all of that, that can't be denied.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian_Soul View Post
    Morrison, Fraction, whedon